• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples will price match Amazon.com which (as of today) has Quicken Deluxe 2013 for $29.99. There's a $10 coupon from last Sunday's paper which brings it to $19.99.

I bought the Quicken Home and Business at Staples today. Regular Price $109.99, Matched to $54.99. Staples has a price match guarantee and gave 9.99 off the $54.99 price match plus with the $10 coupon it came to $35.00.

You can also call Staples.com and they will price match and ship to the store for pick up. Not sure if you can just give the coupon at the store, but I would think they would accept it.

You can also try this at Target as they will price match Amazon.com in store.

Thanks!

Amazon.com Quicken Home and Business

Amazon.com Quicken Deluxe 2013

Don't forget to give some green if you like this deal

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Quicken
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Was this on paper coupon? In the Staples ad? Is it available online anywhere?

ellory said:   Was this on paper coupon? In the Staples ad? Is it available online anywhere?

Details here: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1252276/

Thanks for the post. Where are you getting the 9.99 discount? Also, I don't see the $10 off in this weeks add. Is it a special insert?

The coupon is in last weekend's SmartSource coupon insert.

Unfortunately Staples chat says
1)online can't apply a coupon without a Staples coupon code (and there is none, as this one is a Quicken coupon)
2) instore does not match online stores

Maybe Target is a better shot

ellory said:   The coupon is in last weekend's SmartSource coupon insert.

1)online can't apply a coupon without a Staples coupon code (and there is none, as this one is a Quicken coupon)

Ok, thanks, that explains the $10 coupon. Were is OP getting the $9.99 off?
I have the 1/27/13 SmartSource insert but not coupon.

hmm. Staples policy says retails stores match online. Worth a try

Looks like a return rebuy for me.. About two weeks ago got Quicken Deluxe and TT basic. With a couple of coupons, and easyrebate, quickent was free. However, this is at least $10 better even without the $10 coupon... So, a) need to find the coupon from last week, and b) see if local Staples will PM. Then buy and return with old receipt...

This deal is impossible - B&M will not PM Amazon. And .com will not accept coupon. In the past you could have done a kiosk purchase and use the coupon when paying at the register, however that no longer works - if you use the kiosk, you need to pay online, therefore you cannot use the coupon. RED for that.

Change title to Target who AFAIK now does PM Target - so deal would work there...

ellory said:   hmm. Staples policy says retails stores match online. Worth a try

Where? PM policy says:

Which items and services aren't available for price match?

We don't match our store prices to those on other companies' Web sites.

rsuaver said:   ellory said:   hmm. Staples policy says retails stores match online. Worth a try

Where? PM policy says:

You are correct. I misread

Does not seem to be possible to pricematch to Amazon and use the coupon. OP got lucky

Costco B&M has the Quicken Home and Business for $69.99 and there is $20 coupon starting today, making it $49.99.

ellory said:   rsuaver said:   ellory said:   hmm. Staples policy says retails stores match online. Worth a try

Where? PM policy says:

Does not seem to be possible to pricematch to Amazon and use the coupon. OP got lucky

I don't think OP even tried this...

Anyone succeeded on trying to ask local store to match online price? I want to be able to use rewards, so want to try local store.

rsuaver said:   ellory said:   rsuaver said:   ellory said:   hmm. Staples policy says retails stores match online. Worth a try

Where? PM policy says:

I don't think OP even tried this...

Yep. I did buy it (stated in original post). I called Staples.com and asked customer service 3 times if they would match the price instore. I was told yes. They could also place the order and match the price and I can pick up instore. The mgr at the local store was hesitant at first but did match the price for me. Worth a try if you really need the software. What do you have to loose? You can always call Staples.com and do an instore pickup.

tecman51 said:   ellory said:   The coupon is in last weekend's SmartSource coupon insert.

Ok, thanks, that explains the $10 coupon. Were is OP getting the $9.99 off?
I have the 1/27/13 SmartSource insert but not coupon.

Staples must have some sort of price match guarantee because all is said on the receipt was price match guarantee -$9.99 after the price match to Amazons price. I wasn't expecting an additional discount but it was a nice surprise.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014