• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDispla...

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

The Commercial Electric 6 in. White Gimbal LED Trim can be used with a standard 6 in. Insulation Contact (IC) or Non-IC housing. This trim is designed to replace an existing bulb and trim in a recessed lighting fixture and helps you direct the light for accent or task lighting.

White finish
LED for long life and energy savings
Fits a standard 6 in. housing
For use with IC or non-IC housings
UL listed
MFG Brand Name : Commercial Electric
MFG Model # : CER672WH
MFG Part # : CER672WH

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Commercial Electric 6 in. Recessed White Gimbal LED Trim
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

this is the correct one. thanks mods

Can anyone give tips on installation for this? I have a few places with existing recessed (halogen) light, is this a simple drop in or is there any modification? I've seen on DealExtreme (DX.com) same description as this, but it comes with a little metal box like a ballast and I don't know if there's any cutting/modding involved in the existing hole.

see3po said:   Can anyone give tips on installation for this? I have a few places with existing recessed (halogen) light, is this a simple drop in or is there any modification? I've seen on DealExtreme (DX.com) same description as this, but it comes with a little metal box like a ballast and I don't know if there's any cutting/modding involved in the existing hole.

Found this in the Reviews on the product page:

"Also, one of the springs which hold the lights in place popped off when I was installing it, but was able to be pressed back in place."

Simple install. Part 1 screws into the existing socket and Part 2 plugs into the tail on part 1 and the spring clips fit into the recessed can, The ballast is a part of part 2 and is fastened and not loose.

Can anyone comment on the amount of light provided?

imperialbrent said:   Can anyone comment on the amount of light provided?

From the HD reviews, it's below the rated 65W, more like 40W bulbs.

5vcr said:   imperialbrent said:   Can anyone comment on the amount of light provided?

From the HD reviews, it's below the rated 65W, more like 40W bulbs.

I don't have a lumen-ometer to test the actual lumnens, but I would agree, it is probably not 65w bulb lightedness.

I have had two installed for a year, they are very directional (as most LED's are) but they work great for what we use them for (over the sink & a hallway light). Also got a few of the 4" and they work great also (same type of directional lighting purpose).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014