• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
500 round case - $249.50 9mm Winchester Ranger ZQ4364 147 grain Bonded Hollow Point Ammo - LIMIT 1 CASE

http://www.sgammo.com/product/winchester/500-round-case-9mm-winc...

BUY WHILE YOU CAN
and other 9mm

Member Summary

Would you be able to shoot this at most indoor ranges not being brass cased?

raulinigo said:   Would you be able to shoot this at most indoor ranges not being brass cased?

the ranges don't care about the case, they are about the jacket/core of the bullet

Not cheap for 9mm. Pass.

raulinigo said:   Would you be able to shoot this at most indoor ranges not being brass cased?

Don't know why would want to shoot much of it at the range other than to test out a box to make sure your weapon likes it. This is a self defense round and too expensive for range ammo.

As far as cost looks like a pretty normal price and is in stock. Green to OP.

Got a case, thank OP green for you

dafish said:   This is a self defense round and too expensive for range ammo.Under that same logic, 500 rounds is too many for non-range use...! I'd rather buy 30 rounds for twice the per round cost.

Dotbody said:   dafish said:   This is a self defense round and too expensive for range ammo.Under that same logic, 500 rounds is too many for non-range use...! I'd rather buy 30 rounds for twice the per round cost.

I don't disagree with your logic. But thinking in Fat Wallet mentality. I can sell 6 boxes locally for a quick $35 a box and end up with 4 boxes at a cost of around $13.50 a box.

That's what I plan

Too expensive, I'd wait!

Sure? Probably just nickel plated and not steel?

Sold out. Just saw 5 boxes(250 rounds) of this sell on gunbroker for $210 + actual shipping.

I ordered two of the same cases from SGAmmo on 2 January for $395/shipped total ($187.50/case). I guess I can't blame them for raising prices. Still, Blazer Brass 9mm was $200/shipped for 1k rounds at Brownell's
in November. PSA had the same Blazer Brass for $300/shipped for 1k rounds two weeks back.

There are deals out there to be had but looking at prices over the last 60 days, they're easily up 50-100%.

dafish said:   raulinigo said:   Would you be able to shoot this at most indoor ranges not being brass cased?

Don't know why would want to shoot much of it at the range other than to test out a box to make sure your weapon likes it. This is a self defense round and too expensive for range ammo.

As far as cost looks like a pretty normal price and is in stock. Green to OP.

the only time i shoot HP at the range is to make sure they cycle fine in all my weapons. this is decent price for HP ammo.

Academy Sports has 900 round sealed tins of 9mm for $199, russian non-corrosive steel, TulAmo brand, I believe. A friend says it shoots very cleanly. Saw one the last time I was in there, but you have to get there early.

Dotbody said:   dafish said:   This is a self defense round and too expensive for range ammo.Under that same logic, 500 rounds is too many for non-range use...! I'd rather buy 30 rounds for twice the per round cost.

Just my .02 but for your true carry / defense ammo I would personally not be comfortable unless I had ran ~200-300 rounds through my carry pistol and magazine(s). I want to know that kit works 100%.

500 round case allows for doing that plus a reasonable little shtf stockpile. Come to think of it for the same reasons I have never bought less than 500 (usually 1,000) of my carry or bug out ammo.

But thinking in Fat Wallet mentality. I can sell 6 boxes locally for a quick $35 a box and end up with 4 boxes at a cost of around $13.50 a box.

This is what I've been doing. Been watching the Cabelas site. Saw some in stock 9mm. Ordered 120 boxes for in-store pickup. Sold locally for a small profit which resulted in me having several boxes left over for myself. Free ammo.

hillwood24 said:   But thinking in Fat Wallet mentality. I can sell 6 boxes locally for a quick $35 a box and end up with 4 boxes at a cost of around $13.50 a box.

This is what I've been doing. Been watching the Cabelas site. Saw some in stock 9mm. Ordered 120 boxes for in-store pickup. Sold locally for a small profit which resulted in me having several boxes left over for myself. Free ammo.Quite true. Though I'd have to consider the cost of the time it takes to do all that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014