• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

phts (25.53kB)
Disclaimer
Too rich for my blood, but seems like the mack-daddy of uppers

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id...

16" Barrel length
"Machine Gun Steel" Barrel
Hammer Forged barrel
5.56 Nato Chamber
1 in 7" twist rate
chrome-lined bore
M4 Feed ramps
PSA SQR 11" Free-float rail
Mid-length Gas system
A2 Flash Hider
Forged upper receiver

NO BCG OR CH
"Covert" unmarked upper

Member Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wow, uppers for more than what you could buy an entire AR for a few months ago. I guess I'll have to wait out the chicken little crowd to get my build done.

You'll never see "a few months ago" prices again.

Dave

TheEliteOne said:   You'll never see "a few months ago" prices again.

Depends... Chances are the legislation for an AWB will fail and in a yr or two supply will outsize demand.

Should the AWB take place, you are correct.

TheEliteOne said:   You'll never see "a few months ago" prices again.

Dave

Based on....?

I agree that the AW Ban won't happen and prices will come back down by the end of this year. Who can afford to shoot a AR anyways when crappy 223 is going for over $600 per 1k rounds?

I watched over 130,000 rounds of 5.45 sell on another site yesterday in under an hour and a half.

If the ban happens, people will stock up and continue to as long as they are permitted in fear of confiscation. If the ban doesnt pass, people will stock up because they know it's going to be a never ending "battle."

Dave

Sticky Price Theory, Porter's Five Forces....and Google are your friends. Fear (non-rational) does not shape indifference curves in the long-term.

As of now rule is better be safe than sorry. Buying big probably is an extreme but having few stashes made not gonna hurt. Just an opinion

Once the AWB fails everyone will be looking to unload their AR's for a third of what they paid for them. Just hang in there.

ams30 said:   I agree that the AW Ban won't happen and prices will come back down by the end of this year. Who can afford to shoot a AR anyways when crappy 223 is going for over $600 per 1k rounds?
$600/1000? Around here it's $1 per round.

I heard the best description of how it is regarding ammo pricing, at a range...

"It's dollar bills shooting out of the barrel"

Commisioner49 said:   Once the AWB fails everyone will be looking to unload their AR's for a third of what they paid for them. Just hang in there.

Yap, panic made people buy them....panic will make them sell them to pay off debt. I'll be waiting!

No carrier group or charging handle? I can wait.

XRay said:   ams30 said:   I agree that the AW Ban won't happen and prices will come back down by the end of this year. Who can afford to shoot a AR anyways when crappy 223 is going for over $600 per 1k rounds?
$600/1000? Around here it's $1 per round.

sportsmansguid has it for .667/round in quantity 100

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/ammo-rifle-223-ammo.as...

still too pricey for me...I long for the days I could buy reloads for $140/1000

the best I've seen recently is ~250/1000 (but that's out of stock)

Good thing I reload and stocked up on powder/primers months before the election.

Prices are definitely out of whack. Although we probably won't ever see pre-2012 prices again, once this panic mode passes we might see pre-2012 prices plus 15% or so.

Just speculation but I don't believe that there will be another AWB anytime soon, the entire 2A landscape has changed a whole lot since Clinton. Gun rights groups have gotten a lot smarter and organized. Plus Heller & McDoanld are tremendously powerful decisions.

Unless you simply must buy an AR pattern rifle today if you can wait I'm pretty confident that your patience will be rewarded within a year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014