• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Turn $25 CashBack Bonus into a $50 Kia gift card. Or $50 into $100. Or $250 into $500. And so on. Limited time offer - redeem now

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/loginlogout/app/ac_m...

Looking for a new car or service for your old one? Now, you can:
Double the value of your CashBack Bonus when you redeem for Kia gift cards.
Use the gift card on a new vehicle purchase*, accessories, service and more...
Find your nearest Kia dealer and see the complete vehicle line at kia.com/dealers

Q. Is there a limit on the number of gift cards I can get?
A. No. You can get as many as you choose, up to your CashBack Bonus bank in $25 increments.

Q. What are the restrictions?
A. Kia gift cards can be used at participating dealers. See terms and conditions.

*Subject to dealer sales policy
Kia Reward Card by Discover Terms & Conditions
No charges or fees imposed on the Card. The Card is denominated with a predetermined value and may be used by you at KIA® locations where Discover® is accepted (“Merchants”) to make purchases of goods and services in the U.S. only except as otherwise required by law. You should protect your Card against theft with the same level of care that you use to protect cash. If your Card has been lost, damaged or stolen, call us at 1-866-222-2619, and if we are able to verify that you are the proper Cardholder and there are Available Funds remaining on the Card, you may request a replacement Card.

The Available Funds on your Card will never expire. After the “valid thru” date shown on the front of your card, your Available Funds will be temporarily unavailable until you contact 1-866-222-2619 and provide the Card number to receive a free replacement Card. See additional details in the Kia Reward Card by Discover Agreement, which will be sent with your card.

Member Summary

Discover Card Cashback Redeem for Kia Gift Cards.
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Is this dead? I don't see the redemption option anymore.

chimmy826 (May. 09, 2013 @ 8:29p) |

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I am looking at a new Kia and would have tried to work it on a new car purchase. ... (more)

190rev (May. 09, 2013 @ 11:02p) |

Has anyone used these kia giftcard to buy a kia car and went through? Trying to decide whether to get more.
Thanks.

xiaodiqiu007 (May. 13, 2013 @ 11:06a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not sure they'd know what to do with my big 'ol Chevy Truck ... darn! I know it won't be traded in - that's for sure!

I know that the dealer's going to kill this, but if I've got 4k or so in CashBack, I wonder if I could get 8k off of a Kia. They probably wouldn't want to process 320 separate gift cards. Lord knows I wouldn't.

FatWalletLurker said:   I know that the dealer's going to kill this, but if I've got 4k or so in CashBack, I wonder if I could get 8k off of a Kia. They probably wouldn't want to process 320 separate gift cards. Lord knows I wouldn't.
why 320 cards? They have $250 to $500. Only 16 cards.

will hyundai dealers accept this? how about paying off what I owe with it?

Good catch OP...Discover isn't putting this up very prominently...

Guys - I'm not looking for a car right now. I've got more than 400$ in Disc-CashBack. Let me know if you are looking at buying a Kia...perhaps, we can strike a deal... say, you get an 800$ gc for 600$. it's a win-win for both of us...

fyi, i'm in the bay-area...if someone is indeed interested.

vickh said:   will hyundai dealers accept this? how about paying off what I owe with it?

No on Hyundai

and no on payoff since the dealership isn't holding your loan (likey Kia Finance or whatever they call it)

If I were anyone here I would not mention the gift cards until you have agreed on a price with the dealer. If they know you have gift cards they will probably figure the discount in when bargaining at smaller amounts. Not sure what they would do on the 4k amount! That would be a steal, though.

They might say "it doesn't matter how we are paid" but you never will know.

darius11 said:   If I were anyone here I would not mention the gift cards until you have agreed on a price with the dealer. If they know you have gift cards they will probably figure the discount in when bargaining at smaller amounts. Not sure what they would do on the 4k amount! That would be a steal, though.

They might say "it doesn't matter how we are paid" but you never will know.

yes, but in very general terms, you should be sure said dealership accepts these GC's ahead of time. I think there's some small print at the Discover site which says "participating Dealers". Would be a huge waste of your time to negotiate a deal and then find out the GC's are not accepted at given dealership.

Gyagya, interesting idea... I have over $500 in bonus points. If I could cash out and sell them for 80 cents on the dollar I'd be pleased as punch. None of the gift card purchasers seem interested in Kia gift cards. I'm kind of surprised because for people who have or want to buy Kias it seems like these should be almost liquid. If you find someone who wants to buy them, please post.

I'd be all over this if I hadn't gotten the WalMart gift cards last month. Been hearing from other forums that this is a Discover Gift Card with Kia logo on it. Has anyone gotten theirs and tell us what it looks like? Can it be used at other places? I know that when I get ShopEtc gift cards with the AMEX logo, I can use it anywhere AMEX is accepted.

WishingOnAStar said:   I'd be all over this if I hadn't gotten the WalMart gift cards last month. Been hearing from other forums that this is a Discover Gift Card with Kia logo on it. Has anyone gotten theirs and tell us what it looks like? Can it be used at other places? I know that when I get ShopEtc gift cards with the AMEX logo, I can use it anywhere AMEX is accepted.

Oh my gosh - that would make this smoking! Too bad I just redeemed $200 in Cash Back last month.

WishingOnAStar said:   I'd be all over this if I hadn't gotten the WalMart gift cards last month. Been hearing from other forums that this is a Discover Gift Card with Kia logo on it. Has anyone gotten theirs and tell us what it looks like? Can it be used at other places? I know that when I get ShopEtc gift cards with the AMEX logo, I can use it anywhere AMEX is accepted.

Yes, I'd probably just found my use for the $450 or so in CB I have rotting on Discover. Maybe some other sources have a definitive answer.

Assuming the other forums are one particular forum you have one guy claiming it must be a Discover gift card with a logo on it based on the T&C, and another claiming it actually is because he got one, but he won't even confirm that it can be used anywhere besides Kia... Seems like kind of weak evidence. I wish that were the case. I'm surprised no one here has the card and can chime in if these can really be used elsewhere besides Kia...

They are really pushing these Kia cards, I even got a postcard advertising the deal through Discover. Do not remember seeing one before.

can you really walk in a kia dealership with 20k of gift cards and buy a car?

sunspotzsz said:   can you really walk in a kia dealership with 20k of gift cards and buy a car?I used to work at a car dealership and trust me when I say that they would be more than happy to take ANY form of money you throw at them.

I already said that marketing of Discover is run by space aliens - here's the irrefutable proof.

Can you point to other CC company running a remotely close promos in terms of weirdness?

Man in Black ought to investigate...

So, someone from the other forum says on the back it states: "accepted only at participating Kia locations" "Cashier: Please swipe as a credit card; do not use the gift card feature" Funds don't expire , no fees and has the discover logo. So, might be hard to use it in person, but might work at a gas pump or over the internet.

It doesn't work on Discover Miles. I know when you go Cash to Miles it converts 1-to-1, has anybody gone the other way?

I got a mailer today for it. Still need to dig around and see if this is just a Discover pre-paid card with a Kia logo on it, or if it is really locked to Kia.

I mean, if it is supposed to be run as a CC, can they limit approved charges to something with "Kia" in the name? Do all Kia dealers even take Discover?

I'm sure someone will try it out.

The dealer near my house is a Subaru/Kia dealer. I wonder if I can at least use it there for my Subaru.

Well I'll chime in as a happy purchaser of said cards. We recently bought a used 2009 low miles Kia Borrego to use as. tow vehicle for our new camper. It is still covered by factory warranty, but this will make taking it to the dealer for routine maintenance almost bearable.

What's the over/under for the month this deal expires? Like, I can generate a lot of points... but I'm going to need a few months.

mattun, No one knows how long the deal will last. I'm still amazed no one has tried this at some place other than a Kia dealer.

I tried. Did not work online at Amazon. Card has no name on it. Logged into card website to check balance and it shows Discover Financial in IL as the card owner. Also tried using that as the billing address at Amazon and no go.

According to the good folks at SD, it appears that it is an actual Discover card but... it is restricted by the MCC to used and new vehicle dealer -- and the back of course says valid only at Kia dealers.

Stupid Q, but have to ask/confirm - can you buy points?

cgott42 said:   Stupid Q, but have to ask/confirm - can you buy points?

I would love to buy 15,000 reward points and turn int $30,000 new car. Hey, I can pay cash in full for a new car using my Discover Card.

Next Q - not as stupid:
Is there anything that can be flipped, with little loss
e.g. TIger Direct is a discover retailer - can earn 5% back
any free after rebate software, or something cheap enough that can be flipped on eBay with little/no loss?
I looked and didn't see anything too intciing - best I see is netting a $16k car for $8k - whcih is not bad, but a lot of work/risk - at least free after rebate stuff, or stuff you can flip on eBay for cheap - you don't risk much.

Discover is starting to delve a good bit into these MCC restricted cards.
The Home Improvement GCs that are being sold around town are from Discover and said to be only good at home improvement stores.

Home improvement card would be awesome... Even if you don't want it you could walk into HD and buy a HD gift card and sell that on plastic jungle or similar and get a nice return on investment

yes

Has anyone used these Kia card for service? Be very nice to cut those big service at every 30,000 down by half.

<delete>

"Has anyone used these Kia card for service? Be very nice to cut those big service at every 30,000 down by half."

Yes. I was the first to use my KIA gift card from Discover at my local dealership. They had no idea what it was, but it went through for my oil change and tire rotation.

edjrwinnt said:   "Has anyone used these Kia card for service? Be very nice to cut those big service at every 30,000 down by half."

Yes. I was the first to use my KIA gift card from Discover at my local dealership. They had no idea what it was, but it went through for my oil change and tire rotation.

Thanks for he confirmation.
I want to get an alignement on my honda and the price is in line with what everyone else is charging in the area ($89).
With tax it'll be just shy of $100.

Saved me $50.

KYBOSH said:   edjrwinnt said:   "Has anyone used these Kia card for service? Be very nice to cut those big service at every 30,000 down by half."

Thanks for he confirmation.
I want to get an alignement on my honda and the price is in line with what everyone else is charging in the area ($89).
With tax it'll be just shy of $100.

Saved me $50.

Good point, most Kia dealers around here will service many makes and models, not just Kias

Does anyone know if these expire? My nearest Subaru dealer also does Kia, but I won't need service for a while. For my other car, I need things I'd rather keep with my indie mechanic, but I did think about that too. Half price timing belt service would be nice, but a 200k Honda should probably be with someone who knows Honda.

How about OME touch up paint?

Skipping 13 Messages...
Has anyone used these kia giftcard to buy a kia car and went through? Trying to decide whether to get more.
Thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014