• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
VicVinegar said:   Does anyone know if these expire? My nearest Subaru dealer also does Kia, but I won't need service for a while. For my other car, I need things I'd rather keep with my indie mechanic, but I did think about that too. Half price timing belt service would be nice, but a 200k Honda should probably be with someone who knows Honda.
According to the T&C, the physical card expires, but you can call them an get a replacement. Presumably free of charge.

I ordered the card but yesterday when I was getting some tires installed at Wallyworld one of the techs told me that there's a place not far away that does alignments for $40.

I said "$40!?"
He clarified "$40 and up... SUVs and big rims are more"

I'm going to head out there after I install my struts and see if the Kia Discover card will work at this shop.
I have a feeling that its coded for automative/maintenance/repair rather than a dealership.

Will report back.

KYBOSH said:   
I'm going to head out there after I install my struts and see if the Kia Discover card will work at this shop.
I have a feeling that its coded for automative/maintenance/repair rather than a dealership.

Will report back.

please do!

Kia (36.65kB)
Disclaimer
Got it in the mail today.
I'll give it a try on Monday when the shop opens.

So it's a prepaid CC? I've never heard of a dealer accepting payment of more than $3,000 on a single car, but maybe if they are Kia branded it will be different.

I wonder if my local Kia Dealership does oil changes on Chevys. Would be a great deal to stack their coupon with this gift card. Sure they have the oil question would be if they have the filter.

nicemann said:   I wonder if my local Kia Dealership does oil changes on Chevys. Would be a great deal to stack their coupon with this gift card. Sure they have the oil question would be if they have the filter.

They probably would do it, they just might overcharge you for a GM filter or something. I'd make sure they do use the right filter, there are variations on the OEM filters.

I'm just going off the fact that when I mentioned my 200k mile Honda to the service manager at the Subaru/Kia dealer I use, they tried to get me to consider using them for service on the Honda. I also noticed a ticket on the counter for a Mercedes while I was there. He said they had a tech who knew Honda, maybe they had a tech who knew M-B too. Who knows.

Tried to use this card at the shop that does repairs (tires and wheels) as well as alignments and other general tasks.

It did not work.

I then went to Advance Auto Parts and tried to buy a bag of M&Ms.
It also didn't work.

I will try it at a Honda Dealership soon as I need a case of transmission fluid.
If it works there then I can only assume that Dealerships have a unique merchant code.
I'm willing to bet that most (if not all) of a dealerships CC transactions originate in the service center.
Not many people are putting the cost of a vehicle on a CC.

Maybe I need to find a bigger auto shop.

I have to admit the one I used this morning was pretty shade-treesque but at $40 for an alignment I definitely am NOT complaining.

I keep missing out on these Discover CB deals. I have $9K in Discover CB waiting for the right deal. Ever since the Shell deal a couple years ago I've been patiently waiting....

vxmike said:   I keep missing out on these Discover CB deals. I have $9K in Discover CB waiting for the right deal. Ever since the Shell deal a couple years ago I've been patiently waiting....

same, I have $13k in CB....just waiting for the right time....

Is this dead? I don't see the redemption option anymore.

Wish I would have seen this earlier. I am looking at a new Kia and would have tried to work it on a new car purchase. I know there is a maximum that varies between dealers, but I would have gladly maxed it out.

Has anyone used these kia giftcard to buy a kia car and went through? Trying to decide whether to get more.
Thanks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014