• Page :
  • Text Only
*For best taste and nutritional value, use product before 20 years of manufacturing date when stored at 60 F (16.6 C) or 10 years of manufacturing date when stored at 70 F (21.1 C). - So dramatically less for typical temps in the mid to upper 70's...

Preservatives at its finest

russellt said:   aarzi said:   Kosher? Vegetarian? Taste?

If the world changes to the point that you had to eat your next 200 meals out of a bucket are you really going to be that picky?

have you had to eat the same food for a whole week? You won't have a choice of being picky, your mouth just shut. LOL

Not being picky for after the apocalypse. Asking because it seems like a lightweight alternative during long hikes; and for keeping in the truck for emergencies.

The .97 at the end indicates a clearance item. Super YMMV but congrats on the find.

russellt said:   aarzi said:   Kosher? Vegetarian? Taste?

If the world changes to the point that you had to eat your next 200 meals out of a bucket are you really going to be that picky?

Costco product description said: 40 total pouches 200 total servings 32,150 total calories

Serving != meal. At 2000 kcal/day that's approximately 16 days worth of food. Closer to 48 meals than 200 unless the plan is to subsist on 480 kcal/day.

mmyk72 said:   OP, Can you tell me if they had a lot at the Dedham Store? I may just go get one but can't go till next week.

Just saw this. There was about 1/3 of a pallet left on the floor yesterday around 1PM. Be surprised if there were many left. However, worth a check to see if they may have more up on the shelves. May be why they discounted them so dramatically. Otherwise try , Waltham, Avon
or everett, all of which are about 70 minutes of each other. If Dedham shows any as still in stock in the system I've had great luck getting other Costcos to price match the clearance price. Good luck!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is there an item #?

Still $57.99 in Roseville, mi....

Item # 653042

They had them in one of the canned goods aisles(sp) if I recall correctly. the pic is the exact same one they are selling if it helps you spot it. Never hurts to take a walk up and down all the aisles anytime you are there and just scan the tags for ones ending in .97 which designates it as clearance. Not always a great deal but often is. Another thing to watch for are tags that have an asterisk in the upper right corner which means the item will not be reordered. These items will sometimes go on clearance, especially if they are bulky and take up a lot of floor space.

nutrition facts here:

Nutrition (or lack of) facts

Seriously is there really a debate about the nutritional value. At that great price it is perfect for those slackers and non-slackers that need to up their emergency preparedness plan. Thanks for the post. I hope I find one at my Costco...I'll keep you posted.

Update: None at San Bernardino Costco- Cali

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014