• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://grabagun.com/chiappa-m4-upper-22lr-16-blk-28rd.html

In stock at the time of my posting

Description:
•Mil Spec sized .22 LR conversion kit for use w/AR-15/M-16 firearms •Kit features complete upper w/barrel designed specifically for .22 LR ammo •Includes all necessary parts for converting your existing caliber to the inexpensive .22 LR rimfire cartridge •Conversion takes less than one minute & is achieved w/no permanent alterations to your firearm Includes (2) 28-round mags •Ideal for saving money •NOTE: Magazine capacity may be reduced according to local laws

Thanks adrian

Member Summary
Staff Summary

I don't need an FFL for this do I? What happens if I have it sent to CA do they just substitute smaller mags?

drewgibs said:   I don't need an FFL for this do I?

On the AR platform the lower receiver is the only part considered to be a "firearm", all the other parts, including this upper, are not firearms and therefore these do not need to go through a FFL. Pays your money and it should ship directly to you.

drewgibs said:   What happens if I have it sent to CA do they just substitute smaller mags?

That's what should happen. Per their description: •NOTE: Magazine capacity may be reduced according to local laws

I don't think this can be shipped to CA for all the "evil" features it has. But you wouldn't want it because Chiappa makes mostly junk anyway.

ghostofdavid said:   I don't think this can be shipped to CA for all the "evil" features it has. But you wouldn't want it because Chiappa makes mostly junk anyway.

I cant see why it cant be shipped to california long as there only a 10 round mag.

Butcherboy said:   ghostofdavid said:   I don't think this can be shipped to CA for all the "evil" features it has. But you wouldn't want it because Chiappa makes mostly junk anyway.

I cant see why it cant be shipped to california long as there only a 10 round mag.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=14Sc8MNP9AO6JgHxcnqm5oR4...

Don't try and make too much sense out of it because it is extremely confusing.

Flash suppressors are allowed on featureless rifles in California but on AR-15s, they are generally no-go. Sometimes you can appeal to California's DOJ for further judgment but something as simple as the A2 Birdcage is no-bueno in California. The above link gives photos and explanations as to what is legal and what isn't.

is this upper synthetic or aluminum?
for the price i would think synthetic?

polymer

"A Magazine Locked semiautomatic centerfire rifle has a non detachable magazine limited to 10 rounds and is allowed to have features."

Got one today, feels soild. No time to test yet. Very fast shipping.

yadayada, definitely let us know how it goes, maybe even post some good pics please?

This upper should be okay in CA, although there are a few details.

See: Calguns.net flow chart.

ghostofdavid said:   Butcherboy said:   ghostofdavid said:   I don't think this can be shipped to CA for all the "evil" features it has. But you wouldn't want it because Chiappa makes mostly junk anyway.

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=14Sc8MNP9AO6JgHxcnqm5oR4...

Don't try and make too much sense out of it because it is extremely confusing.

Flash suppressors are allowed on featureless rifles in California but on AR-15s, they are generally no-go. Sometimes you can appeal to California's DOJ for further judgment but something as simple as the A2 Birdcage is no-bueno in California. The above link gives photos and explanations as to what is legal and what isn't.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014