• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you want to upgrade your tracfone to triple minutes for basically free.
Phone has full keyboard.

Linky

Samsung S390G Refurb + 60 Min card

Reconditioned
Includes Triple Minutes for Life FREE

This means that every paid Airtime Minute you add to this phone will be tripled. For example, Add a 60 minute Airtime Card and get 180 minutes.***
FULL QWERTY Keyboard
Mobile Web
2 Megapixel Camera with Zoom/Video Recorder
Bluetooth® Wireless Technology
MP3 Player (cable and microSD™ card up to 32GB not included)
Wi-Fi® Capability
Enhanced Messaging Features
Voicemail, Call Waiting, and Caller ID
Hands-Free Speaker
LQVGA Color Display
External Caller ID
Voice Command
Auto Redial
Vibration Alert
Phonebook with up to 2,000 entries
Battery talk time up to 6 hours
Standby time up to 12.5 days

TracFone
Need a TracFone coupon that earns 15.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Tracfone Samsung 390G (15.41kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just bought up from my double minute LG 500, basicaly free with the time card. Seems like a very good deal. Old phone ha... (more)

lepinluee (Feb. 16, 2013 @ 7:04p) |

Opera (free) browser is supposed to work very nicely on these, big improvement from what is already there.

KyleM (Feb. 28, 2013 @ 12:49p) |

This appears to be dead.

BocaDog (Mar. 03, 2013 @ 4:14a) |

• Also categorized in:

What does "Low monthly cost with no hidden fees" mean? More specifically, if I buy the phone and put it in the glovebox for emergencies will I be charged for a month its not used?

IgorSkovoroda said:   What does "Low monthly cost with no hidden fees" mean? More specifically, if I buy the phone and put it in the glovebox for emergencies will I be charged for a month its not used?

The airtime you buy and put on the phone is composed of minutes of use and days of activation. Sitting unused will not change the remaining minutes but the days will be reduced by the number of days it sat idle. If you use up the minutes you cannot make a call or answer the phone. If you run out of days the phone deactivates.

Cards come in different combinations of minutes and days. A 60 minute/90 day airtime card lists for $20. 20/3 months = $6.66 per month while the phone sits unused. Cost per minute depends on the cards minutes, the price you paid for it, do you apply it to a Double Minutes for life phone or a Triple minutes for life phone and what minute bonus code you use. There is a lot more to it than my brief description. Tracfone site has a common question and answer section. Several forums have many experienced Tracfone users answering your questions on using Tracfone. Saving money can actually be fun.

Got one prior to this posting.Tracfancier's time/cost is on the money, but very basic.If you are a heavy phone user,Tracfone is probably not the way to go,definitely not cheap.I usually add 60/120 (total) and 90 days on my double minute phone and I have minutes left after 90 days, that are added to my next purchase of airtime.One thing nice about the 390G is that you can get on the internet,at no cost, without even activating the phone.To answer a previous question,you COULD throw this in your glovebox,indefinetely,but you'd would have to charge it periodically.It would be usable for 911/emergency calls even though the activation period may have run out.(but it still must have a charge.) All in all, I have to say I believe this 390G is a heck of a deal!Buy it,try it, eBay it.

I guess I'm missing something ... the link provided does not take you to the phone mentioned in the post.

Offer not available in all areas. While supplies last.

gmannix said:   ...One thing nice about the 390G is that you can get on the internet,at no cost, without even activating the phone...

I am interested in buying one - can anyone explain how that works please? Thank you.

KingPeter said:   gmannix said:   ...One thing nice about the 390G is that you can get on the internet,at no cost, without even activating the phone...

I am interested in buying one - can anyone explain how that works please? Thank you.

This phone will connect to the internet, without using minutes, if you have access to WiFi. Though the screen is relatively small compared to a real smartphone. As noted, appears you can do this even before the phone is activated (and perhaps even after any time/minutes have run out.).

This phone will connect to the internet, without using minutes, if you have access to WiFi.

Any phone that supports WIFI can do this.

HoopDude said:   I guess I'm missing something ... the link provided does not take you to the phone mentioned in the post.

Try this link
http://www.tracfone-orders.com/bpdirect/tracfone/Start.do?action...

If not, go to tracfone main page and put in your zip code, it will take you to many offers, one of which is this one.

I got a new one on eBay, $48.99 with triple minutes for life and included 600 for one year.

Search eBay for

Brand New Samsung S390G with One Year of Service and 600 Minutes (Tracfone)

f2000sa said:   This phone will connect to the internet, without using minutes, if you have access to WiFi.

Any phone that supports WIFI can do this.

This StraightTalk with touchscreen at wm dot com for $29.99 + $2.87 s/h (no more free site to store for cell phones)
it has wifi no phone service needed.

Search wm for this
Straight Talk Samsung T528G GSM Prepaid Smartphone

How much do they charge for texting for pre-paid plan? Could not find it online.

f2000sa said:   How much do they charge for texting for pre-paid plan? Could not find it online.

If you mean Tracfone, I think it's still .3 of one unit.

Thanks, OP. I bought one. I don't have much to lose, since I usually only buy 60 minute cards anyway. I like the keyboard on my current Samsung, but it malfunctions sometimes.

mar said:   f2000sa said:   How much do they charge for texting for pre-paid plan? Could not find it online.

Thanks, OP. I bought one. I don't have much to lose, since I usually only buy 60 minute cards anyway. I like the keyboard on my current Samsung, but it malfunctions sometimes.

RE:
I like the keyboard on my current Samsung, but it malfunctions sometimes.

Now is the time to replace if for $20.00

Tracfone has 90 day cards for 19.99 this card is for 60 minutes of time. there are bonus codes found on fatwallet (search tracfone code) that can usually increase 60 minutes by 30 more. But wait there's more. Since this phone is a triple minutes phone your 19.99 becomes 60*3 = 180 minutes plus usually a bonus 30 minutes for 210 minutes and 90 days of air time. Messaging cost .3 minutes so your 19.99 equals about 600 text messages.

Tracfone also has for 9.99 a month auto pay for 50 minutes which with this phone would equal 150 minutes which would equal 450 text messages a month. If you have a middle school kid this is about perfect.

yesidonoitall said:   mar said:   f2000sa said:   How much do they charge for texting for pre-paid plan? Could not find it online.

RE:
I like the keyboard on my current Samsung, but it malfunctions sometimes.

Now is the time to replace if for $20.00

LOL. That's why I said I bought one.

i guess this is mainly a TEXTERS deal? talk cost per minute is 10.1 even with tripling! uunless card deals are available i dont see any point to this deal except for texting? how useful is the wifi? screen is to small? not seeing free shipping on personal info order page? AND cant pay with paypal!? forget it!!

With bonus code and FW Cash Back (or certain other), it'd be ~.08, and I got a free 3-day shipping banner. Then refills can be had via Callingmart. Not fantastic, but not bad for light users seeking to minimize the monthly cost.

I did order and did get free shipping.

The bay $48.99 for the phone and 600 minutes for a year is better.

The original post is 180 minutes for three month.

lexx said:   i guess this is mainly a TEXTERS deal? talk cost per minute is 10.1 even with tripling! uunless card deals are available i dont see any point to this deal except for texting? how useful is the wifi? screen is to small? not seeing free shipping on personal info order page? AND cant pay with paypal!? forget it!!

I am not familiar with Tracfone usage pricing, how did you determine the very high 10¢ a minute?

f2000sa said:   The bay $48.99 for the phone and 600 minutes for a year is better.

The original post is 180 minutes for three month.

The original deal is for basically a free triple minutes phone. You pay $20 and get a $20 prepaid tracfone card.

i dont see the phone, did i missed the deal?

Let's say you don't have wi-fi. How does data usage work? Someone mentioned a text was .3 minutes. Is there a conversion for internet/email? I want to get one of these phones for my parents, who do not have internet.

how to get free shipping?

cli168 said:   how to get free shipping?
Shipping should automatically be free, if your order is 19.99 or more. But I see what you mean. It is coming up as 4.95.

just called, they said its free ship for phones that are more than 19.99, can not find that stated on their website

did get free shipping, they take off shipping for 3day FedEx at the last screen, after submit.

The original deal is for basically a free triple minutes phone. You pay $20 and get a $20 prepaid tracfone card.

Bay one is still better if you want to use it for a year:

The math:

Spend 20 get free phone and 180 minutes for three months. To get a year service, the minimum is $50 (20+3X10) for 450 minutes.

The bay one is $48 for one year and 600 minutes.

The bay one is new versus refurbished ($19) .

You can download about 100 KB at a shot in the email app and it took about four minutes off my total when I tested it. Otherwise, each time you access the TRACFONE Mobile Web with your TRACFONE's browser, 0.5 units per minute will be deducted from your TRACFONE. TRACFONE Mobile Web Access Charges are deducted in full minute increments. Mobile Web access of less than 60 seconds is rounded up to the next full minute. 1 minute of TRACFONE Mobile Web Access = 0.5 units of airtime.It is not something you would want to use for even casual internet usage. Navigating with the included browser takes an incredible amount of patience and mini opera isn't much better.

kenbenobi said:   Let's say you don't have wi-fi. How does data usage work? Someone mentioned a text was .3 minutes. Is there a conversion for internet/email? I want to get one of these phones for my parents, who do not have internet.

^ Thanks for that bit of info! Much appreciated...

Is there any way to disable 3G on this phone?

can you post the eBay link? thx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Samsung-S390G-1200-Minutes-and-Triple-Minutes-Life-Tracfone-/140903278203?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item20ce7d667b

this will get you started

Just bought up from my double minute LG 500, basicaly free with the time card. Seems like a very good deal. Old phone has similar style and qwerty but get Wifi and triple minutes. Still have 500 minutes and half a year left. I was waiting for a price drop. From a previous tracfone refurb seems good as new.

Opera (free) browser is supposed to work very nicely on these, big improvement from what is already there.

This appears to be dead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014