• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
All on sale

4G Hotspot $59.99
4G USB Stick $34.99
3G Hotspot $19.99
3G USB Stick $9.99

All prices are shipped...Pretty good price if you need an occasional internet connection

And, of course, these are backed by the Sprint Network, so know your coverage area.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/shop/mobile-broadband/broadband-2...

Virgin Mobile
Need a Virgin Mobile coupon that earns $17.50 FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Virgin Mobile Broadband to Go (15.95kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Is it my computer or problem with their website with chrome browser? TIA

I've been bounced from the Spring network lately...

Does it include free unlimited usage?

4G usage is unlimited on their $30/mo plan

It's not a bad deal for emergency data. You pay $10 for the aircard, and $5 for the 200 MB plan when you absolutely need it. Sign up for a day and cancel, can do it right from the device.

I have the 3G Hot Spot it rarely works constantly you have to reboot the thing, slow speeds and I am using it with a brand new computer with Win 8. I woulndt recommend these.

virgin used Sprint network, so it's 3g and speed is less then 1Mb. More like 600kb at top speed and during peak hour 200kb to 300kb.
they are rolling out 4g lte but only small cities has 4g lte.
they also have 4g winmax but they are at par with 3g speed too.

FreedomPop anyone?

Slider said:   FreedomPop anyone?

I would love this, except they don't do PHX. No WiMax. Might get for travel, but any way around the $100 deposit?

http://www.freedompop.com/coverage

vickh said:   Slider said:   FreedomPop anyone?

I would love this, except they don't do PHX. No WiMax. Might get for travel, but any way around the $100 deposit?

I have Freedompop & the Virgin Mobile hotspot. One of the few times I've had to the the VM hotspot recently was on a trip to PHX, but it was useful to have. Like others have said, the reliability of the VM solution & frequent reboots make it a marginal solution.

Just to clarify...4g on these devices are WiMAX....not LTE. So don't expect super fast speed.

BostonOne said:   vickh said:   Slider said:   FreedomPop anyone?

I have Freedompop & the Virgin Mobile hotspot. One of the few times I've had to the the VM hotspot recently was on a trip to PHX, but it was useful to have. Like others have said, the reliability of the VM solution & frequent reboots make it a marginal solution.

so anyone know if Wimax is growing in coverage like LTE etc?

broadway96 said:   I have the 3G Hot Spot it rarely works constantly you have to reboot the thing, slow speeds and I am using it with a brand new computer with Win 8. I woulndt recommend these.

Maybe Windows 8 is the problem? Many software are not updated/thoroughly tested on Win8.

SSi said:   broadway96 said:   I have the 3G Hot Spot it rarely works constantly you have to reboot the thing, slow speeds and I am using it with a brand new computer with Win 8. I woulndt recommend these.

Maybe Windows 8 is the problem? Many software are not updated/thoroughly tested on Win8.

The Sprint network is the problem.

FreedomPop's problem is the very limited 4G WiMAX coverage. If you're on a budget, I'd go with a 3G virgin stick and the FreedomPop for 4G.

The MiFi 2200 is extremely solid. If it reboots a lot, I'd say you got a bad unit.

3G hotspot is OOS. If you're looking for a cheap hotspot, also check out NetZero.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014