• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I posted this last month too and then the price went back up.

It is back at this same price again.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009JKG9M

Product Description
It's a deep skillet, a fryer, a Dutch oven, and the lid converts to a shallow skillet or griddle. This versatile piece of cast iron cookware allows the preparation of almost any recipe. Great for kitchen and outdoor cooking. Includes a 3 qt deep skillet / Dutch oven base, and 10.25 inch shallow skillet / griddle / lid. Preseason and ready to use

Product Features
  • Dual pan set with 3-quart Dutch oven complemented by 10-1/4-inch shallow skillet that doubles as lid
  • Rugged cast-iron construction heats slowly and evenly
  • Pre-seasoned with vegetable oil formula and ready for immediate use
  • Long handles with holes for hanging, complemented by helper handles
  • Lifetime limited warranty; hand wash with warm water only

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

pan
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This prob costs Amazon $30 to ship

fatj said:   This prob costs Amazon $30 to ship

Shipping is FREE you may have to pay tax depending on your state

I live in SC, Amazon sent me a letter about taxes? Said by law I should pay taxes, however, it is not turning it over to the states? any idea what step is next?

O yeah, Lodge Cast iron is good stuff. I have two 7" skillets that serve me well.

jacobhorne said:   I live in SC, Amazon sent me a letter about taxes? Said by law I should pay taxes, however, it is not turning it over to the states? any idea what step is next?

According to articles I read, there has been a tax on all out of state mail order, telephone and internet sales since 1951. I guess they go by the honor system as the retailers don't have to report the sales to the state. The only reason Amazon is notifying anyone about it is because they entered a deal with the state to not have to collect taxes for 5 years in exchange for notifying customers that they may owe taxes.

So basically the next step is up to you.

yes, most/all states have tax code that says basically if you purchase goods from out-of-state with no sales tax, you must report these purchases on your tax return so they can be taxed.

now, whether or not people do this....

to stay on topic, i purchased this combo a couple weeks ago for the same price I believe (fuzzy memory). as with most Lodge Logic stuff, it is high quality, and made in the USA (which is nice to say, I wish there was more). I love cast cookware for steaks, frying things, etc. the high specific heat of the pan really keeps the oil hot when adding food, and you can throw it in the oven to finish off a steak, which really is the best method for indoor steak cooking.

Great price, like to have one but scared of the weight. These cast iron pans sure look heavy.

archena said:   fatj said:   This prob costs Amazon $30 to ship

Shipping is FREE you may have to pay tax depending on your state

Reading comprehension fail. He was commenting, sarcastically, that this cast iron pot likely costs a bundle to ship

Ships free to Alaska too... Thanks!

Shipping is FREE w/ Amazon - yes if you select standard ship 3-5 business days then it will cost about $15 to ship

OP we get it.

This is $29.99 regularly priced at Academy B&M.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014