• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just got back from Costco on lunch hour. These were flying off the shelves. I bought 14 to replace all the 4" recessed can bulbs in my house. They are dimmable. Limit 20. Run!

Member Summary

Feit R20 LED bulbs (4.76kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No R30's but they have BR30s for $5.99 after rebate and BR40's for $9.99 after rebate. Costco item number appears to be... (more)

PatrickBateman (Feb. 06, 2013 @ 9:08p) |

Many thanks for the update!

BTW, the BR30 is a supposed to be a slightly more efficient/light slightly better focused, an... (more)

horizon6 (Feb. 06, 2013 @ 9:41p) |

They have them in commack too!

I was hesitant about the 45 watt r20 bulb, but after installation in my kitchen track ligh... (more)

kgatwork (Feb. 07, 2013 @ 9:47a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

What location?

Wish the power company here in Texas would do this. I would stock up too. They never do this here.

Claymore said:   What location?

Holbrook

PatrickBateman said:   Claymore said:   What location?

Holbrook


For those who can't read minds, perhaps Holbrook, New York??

Airfare kills the deal.

labboypro said:   PatrickBateman said:   Claymore said:   What location?

Holbrook


For those who can't read minds, perhaps Holbrook, New York??


Title clearly indicates Long Island, so no mind reading necessary. Yes, Holbrook, NY located on the island of Long Island.

...

Not sure if they do this in NY, but here in Washington State, Costco charges tax on the original amount before the instant subsidized rebate. Still a great price.

What wattage equivalent are these? How many lumens? Does it give color temperature? What's the Costco item number?

PatrickBateman said:   Title clearly indicates Long Island, so no mind reading necessary. Yes, Holbrook, NY located on the island of Long Island.

Especially when you edit the title.

Wouldn't this be a 'cool to the touch' deal rather than scalding?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Feit-Electric-R20-DM-LED said: -Feit-R20-8-Watt-Dimmable-LED-Bulb/21677468]Feit R20 8-Watt Dimmable LED Bulb:
40-watt equivalent
R20 Dimmable
8 watts
450 lumens
2700K color temp
30,000 hours

I bought the HD Led bulb kit posted here a for $19.99 in Norwalk, Conn. 625 lumens - Brand - Ecosmart, the old model was 575 lumens I believe Old Ecosmart 2700k bulb kit.

Maphatlal said:   I bought the HD Led bulb kit posted here a for $19.99 in Norwalk, Conn. 625 lumens - Brand - Ecosmart, the old model was 575 lumens I believe Old Ecosmart 2700k bulb kit.

Nice but those won't work in 4" cans where these R20s will.

I believe these bulbs are the same was the ones I just got for $10 from the Lowes cross state pricing error, they are normally $20 otherwise (at Lowes anyway). They are really nice bulbs, the ones I got are clearly Feit says so on the label but were branded as Utilitech. They have a nice broad beam spread unlike a lot of LED bulbs. Light is a nice probably a bit closer to 3000k which I prefer and the compare favorably to some $30 Phillips (that I got for half off) though they are a bit less bright 525 vs 450 lumens you cannot tell the difference. Both these and the Philips bulbs are a rare breed of LED at the moment where they are considerably more efficient than their CFL counterparts. My CFL bulbs in this form factor were Sylvanias and were 495 lumens from 14 watts.

Overall I'd say these are a very hot buy for the price though I still have some concerns about Feit and their longevity who cares at this price.

Available in CA?

They are rated as 45 watt equivalent and they use 8 watts. Box says 450 lumens. Model number is BPCER20 and Costco item number appears to be 687950.

Hope they still have them on Saturday... Been waiting for r20 ... Think i'll get a couple extras for spares ...

Do you know if R30's are offered there with a LIPA "rebate" and if so what rebate period is listed on the price card. If there is no asterisk in the upper right had corner of the price card, and if the Warehouse runs out of stock, it will usually be restocking the item. Thanks.

Feit will die sooner than cheap incandescent, gone through well over 1/2 dozen. Keep the packing and receipt as you will return them before 2 years, probably in the first year.

albrandwood said:   Hope they still have them on Saturday... Been waiting for r20 ... Think i'll get a couple extras for spares ...

What's your point?

horizon6 said:   Do you know if R30's are offered there with a LIPA "rebate" and if so what rebate period is listed on the price card. If there is no asterisk in the upper right had corner of the price card, and if the Warehouse runs out of stock, it will usually be restocking the item. Thanks.

No R30's but they have BR30s for $5.99 after rebate and BR40's for $9.99 after rebate. Costco item number appears to be 661118 for the BR30's and 670291 for the BR40's. I'm not sure about the asterisk as I wasn't looking for it in-store.

PatrickBateman said:   horizon6 said:   Do you know if R30's are offered there with a LIPA "rebate" and if so what rebate period is listed on the price card. If there is no asterisk in the upper right had corner of the price card, and if the Warehouse runs out of stock, it will usually be restocking the item. Thanks.

No R30's but they have BR30s for $5.99 after rebate and BR40's for $9.99 after rebate. Costco item number appears to be 661118 for the BR30's and 670291 for the BR40's. I'm not sure about the asterisk as I wasn't looking for it in-store.


Many thanks for the update!

BTW, the BR30 is a supposed to be a slightly more efficient/light slightly better focused, and newer version of the R30 with similar size and characteristics.

They have them in commack too!

I was hesitant about the 45 watt r20 bulb, but after installation in my kitchen track lights, I have to say that they are pretty bright, similar to the BR30 65 watt incandecant bulb.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014