• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free health screenings ($100 Value) at Sam's Club Starting 02/09/2013

Link:
http://www3.samsclub.com/healthyliving/events?pid=EMC_20130206_6...

February
2/9/2013
Heart Health Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Total Cholesterol, Glucose and HDL Cholesterol (HDL), and Vision
March
3/9/2013
Allergy Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Allergy testing (top 20 allergens), and Vision
April
4/13/2013
Oral Health Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Total Cholesterol, Glucose, Dental Tabs, and Vision
May
5/11/2013
Healthy Weight, Healthy Skin Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Dermascan (limited clubs, indicates skin damage from the sun), Cortisol, Weight, Height, Waist Circumference, and Vision
June
6/8/2013
Menís Health Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, PSA for men (Prostate-Specific Antigen), TSH for women (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) and Vision
July
7/13/2013
Healthy Aging Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Amsler Grid (Macular Degeneration), Total Cholesterol, Glucose and Vision
August
8/10/2013
Childrenís Health and Back to School Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Dental Tabs, Take home DNA swab kits, Child Safety ID Kits, and Vision
September
9/14/2013
Diabetes Awareness Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, Glucose, A1C (for known diabetics) and Vision
October
10/12/2013
Womenís Health Blood Pressure, Body Mass Index, PSA for men, TSH for women, take home gel breast self exam kits and Vision

Sams Club
Need a Sams Club coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Free health screenings
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I also am a member but noticed there was no membership verification where they were doing the screenings. Of note: not a... (more)

tiredntrue (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 6:10p) |

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in to these Sam's Club health screenings. I went to one in January, just after having regu... (more)

anonguy (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 10:33p) |

I've participated before, and No Membership is required. Finding where they are performing the exams is the most diffic... (more)

Gnomie (Feb. 09, 2013 @ 10:58p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is a Sam's Club membership required?

Don't skip the prostate exam or the receipt checker will send you back...

satishny said:   Is a Sam's Club membership required?

Why it's red? I have the same question.

i ain't nervous

christoj879 said:   Don't skip the prostate exam or the receipt checker will send you back...
I doubt that these receipt checkers can even count or read. So useless..

satishny said:   Is a Sam's Club membership required?

have them apply the 10% upcharge for non-members

christoj879 said:   Don't skip the prostate exam or the receipt checker will send you back...That will sure explain the brown swipe on your receipt!

"Limited quantities available."

done by the same guy giving pizza roll samples, jk jk, thanks for posting OP

I participated in this about 6 months ago when they offered the usual in store tests including the PSA. The PSA they had to mail off and I still have no gotten notice of the results!

donrull said:   I participated in this about 6 months ago when they offered the usual in store tests including the PSA. The PSA they had to mail off and I still have no gotten notice of the results!

How did they mail it away? Isn't it always a blood test??

niniss said:   satishny said:   Is a Sam's Club membership required?

Why it's red? I have the same question.

Bump ... anyone got an answer? I'm betting that this is only for members. Possible they'll allow a 1-day pass to check out "the Club", and make use of the Health Screening in one fell swoop, but not holding my breath.

At $40 for a 1 year membership, would still be cheaper than getting labs done pretty much anywhere, plus if the vision check includes walking away with my prescription (i.e. 20/40), then I'm deff goin!

Edit: It appears that, since I'm a business owner, I qualify for a $35/yr rate ... even better

the dates are spread out intelligently over several months to make you keep the membership... assuming that these tests need membership.

cows123 said:   donrull said:   I participated in this about 6 months ago when they offered the usual in store tests including the PSA. The PSA they had to mail off and I still have no gotten notice of the results!

no, it's poop

On the other forum it says no membership required. Not sure if that's accurate or not, just reporting what I saw.

pitflyer said:   On the other forum it says no membership required. Not sure if that's accurate or not, just reporting what I saw.

I just called and was told you must be a member to participate in the Health Screenings. Although they do 1-day free passes, the passes don't apply to the Health Screenings.

FWIW - I'm not 100% convinced any of the above is true, since I was transferred to/talked with a woman in the membership department (obviously who's about promoting memberships) O.O

Edit: On the plus side, they will refund your annual membership should you not be satisfied at any time during the year.

Sk8terboy said:   pitflyer said:   On the other forum it says no membership required. Not sure if that's accurate or not, just reporting what I saw.

I just called and was told you must be a member to participate in the Health Screenings. Although they do 1-day free passes, the passes don't apply to the Health Screenings.

FWIW - I'm not 100% convinced any of the above is true, since I was transferred to/talked with a woman in the membership department (obviously who's about promoting memberships) O.O

Edit: On the plus side, they will refund your annual membership should you not be satisfied at any time during the year.

Will it be full refund or prorated? The "clubs" generally aren't usful to me as i don't buy bulk or large quantities.

Deal should say members only. I prefer to stay with Costco.

It is a full refund, matching Costco's policy. It's a satisfaction guaranteed policy; if you are ever not satisfied with your membership you get the money back.

I understand that the pharmacies in both Costco and Sams Club by law have to fill prescriptions for non members, but you still may encounter a greeter that doesn't let non-members in. So YMMV as a non-member, for sure.

christoj879 said:   Don't skip the prostate exam or the receipt checker will send you back...

Prostate-Specific Antigen test is a biochemical test of your blood.

I read some people here have brown blood...

skh12 said:   cows123 said:   donrull said:   I participated in this about 6 months ago when they offered the usual in store tests including the PSA. The PSA they had to mail off and I still have no gotten notice of the results!

no, it's poop

PSA is blood. The poop-based test is fecal occult blood--a positive says to see if it's something nasty growing inside you.

Current medical thought is the PSA is no good as a screening test. It has too many false positives and overall produces no better health outcome than not doing it.

I got my test this morning. I am a member but they were not checking membership cards when you entered the door. Also did not ask me if I was a member for the test.Just ask if you are an employee...which I am not. Got the cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI, glucose, eye test and hearing test. NO CHARGE

fidget13a said:   I got my test this morning. I am a member but they were not checking membership cards when you entered the door. Also did not ask me if I was a member for the test.Just ask if you are an employee...which I am not. Got the cholesterol, blood pressure, BMI, glucose, eye test and hearing test. NO CHARGEdo they give you a prescription after your eye test if you need glasses?

No prescription. I just got new glasses about a month ago but their test said my eyes were great. I know I need glasses for reading but I could read almost every letter on their chart today.

I also am a member but noticed there was no membership verification where they were doing the screenings. Of note: not all states allow all the tests. Here they told me Illinois does not allow them to do the vision/hearing screenings. I'd like to think it has to do with protecting the public's health, but given that it's Illinois, you know payola (or lack thereof) has to be involved somewhere.

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in to these Sam's Club health screenings. I went to one in January, just after having regular labwork done, and the numbers they found were way, way off. My glucose was supposedly 66, when I had just tested myself less than an hour earlier at 86. The cholesterol was also off by 80+ points. Their testing was done on a beat-up looking handheld device. Not something sent to a lab. It was obviously out of calibration and the "techs" they had there weren't nurses or anything to inspire medical confidence. Quite frankly grabbing a meter from off the shelf would have given a better glucose result.

I shudder to think about some guy with a real fasting glucose of 130, being told he was okay and only in the 90s. Or being worried about high cholesterol when they don't have it. Was thinking about going in today just to see the HDL, but if it is anything like last time I know the results will be almost worse than useless. At least the vision test was done by the optometrist.

Sk8terboy said:   pitflyer said:   On the other forum it says no membership required. Not sure if that's accurate or not, just reporting what I saw.

I've participated before, and No Membership is required. Finding where they are performing the exams is the most difficult part. Think of it as health related. You can also use their pharmacy without membership.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014