• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-lower-receiver

Our stripped lower receiver allows you to build a custom AR15 from the ground up. Mil-spec dimensions and coating ensure the highest quality and correct component interface.

Features:
•Semi-auto AR15 lower receiver
•Machined from 7075-T6 forged aluminum
•Matte black hard-coat anodized Mil 8625 Type 3 Class 2
•Marked “Cal Multi”
•Works with standard AR15 components and magazines

All Lower Receivers will only be shipped to approved FFL holders. Please enter the name and phone number of your local dealer so that we can obtain their FFL.� Please do not enter your FFL's shipping address when checking out.� We will obtain that information from the FFL.
•To expedite your order, please have your dealer fax or email their FFL to us at: 253-272-1168 or sales@aeroprecisionusa.com

There will be a 30% restocking fee on all lower receivers returned because of failed background checks.
Federal law requires that you be 21 years or age or older to purchase a stripped receiver or frame. If a frame or receiver can only be made into a long gun (rifle or shotgun), it is still a frame or receiver not a handgun or long gun. However, they still are "firearms" by definition, and subject to the same GCA limitations as any other firearms. See Section 921(a)(3)(b). 18 U.S.C. Section 922(b)(1) makes it unlawful for a licensee to sell any firearm other than a shotgun or rifle to any person under the age of 21.

Thanks charliexray & midgasales

Member Summary

AR15 Stripped Lowers
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Better off going with PSA for less money and getting a higher quality product.

DesertWarden (Mar. 15, 2013 @ 2:37p) |

I picked up a Spike's Tactical lower back in January for $170.. Considering how hard it is to get a lower, and a Spike's... (more)

Hypnosis4u2nv (Mar. 15, 2013 @ 4:58p) |

Spikes seems to have many distributors back ordered and can't fill their orders right now. Palmetto has lowers in stock ... (more)

DesertWarden (Mar. 15, 2013 @ 6:31p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI, I received a lower from the last batch @$200ea and I wish I would have looked at it more closely before my FFL did the transfer because I would have sent it back. There are several machining blemishes. I would say just be advised they may be rushing to get lowers done... I also received an upper and it was good.

This is also the company that is refusing to fill $80 dollar lower orders from Brownells
that was posted last year. Good deal for a lower that's in stock, but I'll wait for another deal.

These were $84.00 at Brownell's
Seeing as Brownell's
have been on back order I can only guess Aero Precision is happy to price gouge than fill its orders.

I'll be putting them on my do not buy list.

Seeing as Brownell's
have been on back order I can only guess Aero Precision is happy to price gouge than fill its orders.

Seeing as Brownell's

That's not cool, Aeroprecision! Fill those obligations!

Dudes...you guys need to follow AeroPrecision on Facebook. Their posts show them working around the clock to pump out AR-15 parts. They've added new staff and equipment to do so. They regret the prices on these, but sadly not everyone has taken Econ 101. Stop hating and realize we're in a f'ed up market right now.

Two quotes directly from their fb page for those without it:
1)

The issues our industry is facing right now are making things more uncertain than ever before. But, even with all of that going on, our goal is still to keep our prices as fair as possible for our customers.

After ramping up both our equipment and staffing, we unfortunately listed a price that was still not going to allow us to sustainably meet the demand from our retail customers, distributors and OEM contracts. And yes, you’re right, we did say that we weren’t going to raise prices. That unfortunately is just not possible for us to continue doing given the uncertainty in the market and the immediate demand.

We are working on a way to make things right for those who got stuck in the checkout function. We will keep you posted on what that will be as we work out the details. Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

2)
Due to our rising costs from hiring more staff,working longer hours, having material expedited, and purchasing new equipment we had to raise our prices. We are sorry for inconvenience.

One more..seriously fellas, get with the program here. You can down vote me all you want, but you need to face reality:

Hi everybody, the Aeroprecision team here.
Thank you to everyone for your patience as we work to get things back on line. We knew that there would be an increase in demand, but unfortunately didn’t realize just how big of an increase it would be. We’re working around the clock to make sure that we can still get you guys the products you ordered and at a fair price.

Our commitment to delivering the highest quality components is unwavering. To be able to adequately meet the unprecedented demand, and maintain the same standard of quality we hold ourselves to, we needed to invest both in increased staffing and more, higher-volume equipment. We are keeping the price of our lowers at $200 to help us meet both the demand of the consumer market as well as that of our OEM contracts. Even at this price point, we are still less expensive than the majority of high-quality lowers on the market today.

We are doing everything we can to ensure that you will receive the best product possible, and we greatly appreciate your patience and support as we get there. We hope you understand and can bear with us temporarily.

Please check back to the website throughout the day as stock gets updated. Thank you!

Green for availability. Wonder if we'll ever see those $50 PSA lowers again.

dafish said:   Green for availability. Wonder if we'll ever see those $50 PSA lowers again.

Barring an outright ban. Choose one of the following: Excess capacity, shift in demand curve to the left, new entrants into the market (supply chain), excess profits, bumper crop, etc. Patience grasshoppers, patience.

Cashman said:   This is also the company that is refusing to fill $80 dollar lower orders from Brownells
that was posted last year. Good deal for a lower that's in stock, but I'll wait for another deal.

Still waiting on my Brownells
order to be filled, but they seem to keep making more and selling themselves for higher amounts. Really pissed at this company. They should fill the back-orders then sell themselves for whatever price they wish.

Oh hey! A cheap upper! Yea...polymer. Good luck finding a quality lower for under $200 these days:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1255883/?utm_source=fe...

Idiot company.

What really irritates me is that they

a) Charge for shipping and do not disclose a shipping fee until you provide your contact details and continue to checkout. Why just not offer a free shipping for an item that they are selling directly from own webstore (bypassing dealers/middlemen like Brownells
) @ 3x price. And no free shipping and even no clear guidance how much it is going to be. So cheap...

b) Restocking fee for failed background check is 30% of amount of your order. So instead of charging for return shipping they take $70 for an item that they have no problem to resell. A guy is going to be already frustrated about the failed background check and on top of it they are going to hammer him with a $70 fine. Nice!

c) No clear date when item will be shipped. Site does not even claim that items are currently in stock. Just buy it now, and there is a fat chance that their "no-customer-service" will somehow explain you 1 month later that there is a back-order and a global industry shortage and they are giving you a favor for keeping you in the waiting list.

Nothing wrong with pointing out those things. I also dislike it when a company "hides" shipping to the last page of checkout.

overpriced....for the most part a lower is a lower...provided it's to spec.

of course, they can choose to sell for whatever they want...I can choose to not buy from them now or ever in the future.

but they certainly should be filling their backorders first...

This still stings but you could pre-order a lower from Shadow Ops Weaponry for $150 each.

1227 "in stock" right now.

So here are our rules:
1) Your card will immediately be charged for the order to become part of the program. If you want your money back and want to back out at anytime, you will be allowed a FULL 100% REFUND without any penalty. If you back out though, you can't come back in and you don't get the "Deal Coin".

2) First ordered, first received. If you ordered first you receive your order first.

3) If we can't make it in time, then you get a full refund of your purchase price.

4) We will not ask for your custom EPS logo until your generic lower has been made. The lower can be laser engraved on both sides. DO NOT SEND US YOUR LOGO UNTIL WE ASK FOR IT !!! You will receive detailed instructions on how we need to have your logo sent to us with very specific requirements.

5) DO NOT HAVE A COPY OF THE FFL SENT TO US UNTIL WE CONTACT YOU AFTER WE HAVE MADE YOUR LOWER.

6) YOU NEED TO HAVE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING PATIENCE WITH US. We will be absolutely overwhelmed with responding to this offer.

7) DELIVERY TIME JUNE 30, 2013 or before.

hmmmm...."if we can't make it in time, then you get a full refund of your purchase price"

just saw that...

the cynic in me says that they can simply not plan on doing it at all...and just "borrow" the money from everyone for 6 months....

not that they're doing that of course....

Those can be very good guys, with very good intentions but it is hard to believe that if they can mill lower receivers by this time nobody else will be able do the same thing and sell stuff for about the same price w/out putting a pre-order.

This is one company, I will never buy again.

I wish we had $.50 per gallon gas again, too. My lower shipped next day. Still a good company. I've dealt with worse during the gun panic.

yadayada said:   I wish we had $.50 per gallon gas again, too. My lower shipped next day. Still a good company. I've dealt with worse during the gun panic.

Hopefully you will not be angry if this thing comes back in-stock in the next 3 months for $69 as they used to cost pre AWB bubble

The whole thing sucks, but Aero will send you one the next day for $210 shipped, I couldn't find any other decent forged lower for that price. You could turn around and sell it on gunbroker or armslist for $275 so it's still a 'deal'

Ahhhh no. Unless you are an FFL or your FFL does not charge you anything, you will not make any money reselling these. My FFL charges $50 for the transfer so $260 to just get it to me.

vpr80 said:   Ahhhh no. Unless you are an FFL or your FFL does not charge you anything, you will not make any money reselling these. My FFL charges $50 for the transfer so $260 to just get it to me.

Woah. get a new FFL. You are getting robbed.

vpr80 said:   Ahhhh no. Unless you are an FFL or your FFL does not charge you anything, you will not make any money reselling these. My FFL charges $50 for the transfer so $260 to just get it to me.

You need a new FFL.

Shipping 12.05$. Just checked. FFL $50 is norm in Philly area.

I paid $20 for the transfer and $10 for the background check which made it $241 shipped for me, still $35-$60 cheaper than I could find a comparable lower for from the usual sources. The same FFL that I used was trying to sell billet lowers for $285 . I agree that the business practices here seem really shady, they should fulfill the outstanding orders first, but They were still the cheapest option for me at the end of the day.

Wow, $20 and I'm out the door with my FFL.

lol consider yourselves lucky! Local shops by me want $100 + background check + state taxes just to ship it to them. Gotta love Cali.

My guy in AL charged $5, sucks for you guys

$50 is actually GOOD in NJ. That covers the NICs, certified letters to the cops and the dealer's take. Most of the guys are $75 to $100. Now that is a ripoff. Can't say that I am happy about $50, but not much I can do.

vpr80 said:   $50 is actually GOOD in NJ. That covers the NICs, certified letters to the cops and the dealer's take. Most of the guys are $75 to $100. Now that is a ripoff. Can't say that I am happy about $50, but not much I can do.

Move to a state where they won't treat you like a criminal.

I kid, hang in there. NJ needs good people, too.

DBFresh said:   lol consider yourselves lucky! Local shops by me want $100 + background check + state taxes just to ship it to them. Gotta love Cali.

I live in Cali and my FFL charges $35

FFL's in Washington are required to collect sales tax! On guns and the shipping cost. Much better to order your upper and lower separate here.

A friend and I bought 10 of these from Brownells
in January for $79.00 each. Our FFL charges $10 for one firearm and $15 for multiple firearms in the same order/checkout. I saw the lowers were in stock and and selling online so I called Brownells
and Aero. Brownells
says they are getting lowers for orders made December 20th. I started asking on the Aero Facebook page where my lowers were since they have stock and are selling them online. I received a private email and I now I am assured they will be in by next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Better off going with PSA for less money and getting a higher quality product.

Skipping 2 Messages...
Hypnosis4u2nv said:   I picked up a Spike's Tactical lower back in January for $170.. Considering how hard it is to get a lower, and a Spike's Tactical one at that, $200 for an AP is $50 more than I would pay in this climate.. In the end, who am I to say what it should cost if people are willing to pay that price or more for it.. It just keeps the prices high.

I also ordered several AP receivers (group of us) from Brownells back in December when they were $80. They can sell their receivers for $200 to help with their expenses as long as they keep sending a steady supply of receivers to Brownells for fulfilling orders..

Spikes seems to have many distributors back ordered and can't fill their orders right now. Palmetto has lowers in stock at least 2-3 times a week for nearly half the price of AP's or any other for the matter.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-ar15-lower.html

Not only do I think that they have a quality product but they have been upstanding in all this by maintaining "normal" prices give or a take a few bucks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014