• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk/OEM - WD1002FAEX

LINK

WD Caviar Black high performance 3.5- Inch SATA hard drive combines 7200 RPM, 64 MB Cache, and SATA 6 Gb/s interface for the ultimate in power computing.
High performance electronics architecture features dual processors and bigger, faster caches for maximum read and write speeds.
StableTrac The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
5 year limited warranty.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Amazon Price History
Thanks patricochet
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How is this a deal? I got 3TB drives for $95 2 months ago.

mvrx said:   How is this a deal? I got 3TB drives for $95 2 months ago.

I agree, I to got a 3 tb for $89 Seagate. but these are Black WD, which are for performance and reliablity. Great price, these normally don't drop much.. check out reviews on these compared to Seagate.

The price is low, but more of a general trend since the hardware shortage than a sudden drop.

Price History

The WD Black drives have a 5 year warranty also. But CAREFUL when buying these drives via Amazon! Make sure you are buying DIRECTLY from Amazon. At the moment the link above is to an Amazon-fulfilled purchase, but on Amazon that can change by the moment based on inventory at various suppliers. If you buy these drives from 3rd parties via Amazon they may NOT have a 5 year warranty! I found this out recently; bought what I thought was a new, cheap WD Black 1TB drive. Checked the serial number on WD's warranty site and it said 1 year only! Got a refund - but lesson learned! Just because the page you are viewing on Amazon says "5 year warranty" doesn't mean the vendor warranties it that long!

ahallfatwallett said:   The WD Black drives have a 5 year warranty also. But CAREFUL when buying these drives via Amazon! Make sure you are buying DIRECTLY from Amazon. At the moment the link above is to an Amazon-fulfilled purchase, but on Amazon that can change by the moment based on inventory at various suppliers. If you buy these drives from 3rd parties via Amazon they may NOT have a 5 year warranty! I found this out recently; bought what I thought was a new, cheap WD Black 1TB drive. Checked the serial number on WD's warranty site and it said 1 year only! Got a refund - but lesson learned! Just because the page you are viewing on Amazon says "5 year warranty" doesn't mean the vendor warranties it that long!

Indeed. Repped. Excellent post!

Microcenter has it for $89, including tax it comes to 95.39, good for those who has store locally. Link

Newegg just had these for $89.99 then $84.99 in the past week.

Love the black WD with the 5 yr warranty. Still requires backups to keep data safe but it's nice to have peace of mind that you should expect them to last 5 plus yrs vs. other drives. When you factor in the eventual cost of replacements over time the WD black drives are cheaper than drives with shorter warranties due to their life expectency.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014