• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just picked up a JVC 37" LED HDTV (Model EM37T) at the Costco store tonight for $299.99. This is a great price for a 37" thin bezeled HDTV with 2 HDMI slots and 1 USB port for viewing pictures. I couldn't find any reviews for this TV anywhere so YMMV. I figured JVC is a well known brand name even if I haven't seen any of their TV's advertised anywhere, and I don't think I can go wrong since Costco gives me a 2yr warranty and my AMEX card adds another year. If you don't have an AMEX card Costco sells an additional 3yr warranty for $29.99

Member Summary

JVC EM37T
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How does the AMEX card add another year?

allenchin said:   How does the AMEX card add another year?

Most people don't know this, but many credit cards have benefits that go with them. A fairly common one is an extended warranty on stuff you buy with it. Go to your credit card's website and look around for a benefits tab.

AMEX will double a warranty UP TO one year. So if the warranty is six months, AMEX will give you another six months.

A larger question is this: Is a 20 dollar discount on an off brand tv really a good deal?

I purchased a JVC 37" from WalMart in Nov. Ended up returning it for a bigger one....
The picture was great...very good contrast...
More settings than a Samsung for colors ie...gain on each separate color gun...plus your standard stuff...
Saw the jvc sitting next to a samsung at Costco and did a side by side as well...could not tell the difference in colors or contrast.
JMHO....for the price, the JVC line of tv's are very good...and at sleeper prices right now....
I did pay less at WalMart for the 37" so check them online.

AMEX will double JVC's warranty not Costco's. So I think the way it works is you're covered for only 2 years, 1st year by JVC and the 2nd year by both Costco and AMEX. There is no coverage for the 3rd year.

EuroTrash said:   AMEX will double JVC's warranty not Costco's. So I think the way it works is you're covered for only 2 years, 1st year by JVC and the 2nd year by both Costco and AMEX. There is no coverage for the 3rd year.
This is correct.

Keep us posted on how well you like this TV, will you please?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.