• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Scotch
Disclaimer
Once again, Costco has Kirkland Signature Scotch for $49.99 (750ml bottle) "Produced and bottled in Scotland from Macallan Distillary Single malt Scotch Whiskey" "Aged 15 years" "Sherry cask finish".

Plenty available at the Fountain Valley, Ca store.

Member Summary

scotch
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Is the tax on alcohol 9% or 10% in DC? Thanks.

mdrollas (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 6:52a) |

10% I believe.

ppatin (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 1:52p) |

Ugh, I might have to go into DC for this.

VicVinegar (Feb. 13, 2013 @ 5:10p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'll drink to that $50 for 15 yr old Scotch is damn good deal

freddie4x4 said:   I'll drink to that $50 for 15 yr old Scotch is damn good deal Oh, did OP mention it was for a pint?

Wow, this is a great deal for 15 YO booze. Thanks OP.

Apparently very little to no inventory in most of the locations in FL and the NorthEast (I checked FL, VA, MD, NY, NJ). There seemed to be 10 bottles left in a CT location. Great find for those that can get it!

Stupid Oregon liquor control. grumble grumble

Plenty at the new DC Costco...

What was the price in the DC Costco?
tadr said:   Plenty at the new DC Costco...

$79 in Washington State after taxes. Even before taxes they want $59 grrrrr

penniless said:   What was the price in the DC Costco?

I'm almost certain it was 49.99 - I remember thinking it was just a few bucks more than the 20 yr Speyside single malt (which is $45)

ezwrighter said:   $79 in Washington State after taxes. Even before taxes they want $59 grrrrr 33% tax? jesus.

tadr said:   penniless said:   What was the price in the DC Costco?

I'm almost certain it was 49.99 - I remember thinking it was just a few bucks more than the 20 yr Speyside single malt (which is $45)

Wish they would get a Kirkland branded Islay (Laphroaig 20 year)

dealmaster00 said:   ezwrighter said:   $79 in Washington State after taxes. Even before taxes they want $59 grrrrr 33% tax? jesus.

Yep, we got rid of our state run liquor stores last year, but went overboard on taxes to compensate! Now we just need to pass some tax reform to put them in line with what would be considered reasonable!

But who knows...maybe Costco will be selling Pot soon in Washington :-P

I can confidently say us Utahn's will NEVER see deals like this. The state of Utah and the *uh-hum* Church are veeery happy with their iron grip (and profits) from liquor sales. Oh, do believe that...

Want a 6-pack of Heineken? That'll be $14.

Sad, really.

coolbreeze said:   I can confidently say us Utahn's will NEVER see deals like this. The state of Utah and the *uh-hum* Church are veeery happy with their iron grip (and profits) from liquor sales. Oh, do believe that...

Sad, really.

Time to brew your own.

crazyassnate said:   coolbreeze said:   I can confidently say us Utahn's will NEVER see deals like this. The state of Utah and the *uh-hum* Church are veeery happy with their iron grip (and profits) from liquor sales. Oh, do believe that...

Sad, really.

Time to brew your own.

You have no teeth, right?

aarzi said:   freddie4x4 said:   I'll drink to that $50 for 15 yr old Scotch is damn good deal Oh, did OP mention it was for a pint?

Yes, OP did mention it is for a 750ML bottle. Damn good price -- even most place have it as $89/ bottle. so yes, a very good deal. IF you can socre it

The consensus is that the 20yr Speyside is MacAllan as well. I'd love to hear any comparison from people who tried both. I got a bottle of 12yr MacAllan at Costco that was supposed to be 100% sherry cask - it didn't taste good and clearly was not in the sherry cask for all 12 years. The 20 year old Speyside is quite good on the other hand.

ezwrighter said:   Wish they would get a Kirkland branded Islay (Laphroaig 20 year)
Now THAT would be really nice!

freddie4x4 said:   Yes, OP did mention it is for a 750ML bottle. Damn good price -- even most place have it as $89/ bottle. so yes, a very good deal. IF you can socre it
It's pretty easy to score if Costco in your state sells liquor.

I picked it up at a San Diego Costco recently. No price sign above it. Shocker when I saw the receipt. My first foray.

I sheepishly admit I _mixed a glass with 7up_ before I saw the receipt.

Their spiced rum is a good substitute for Capt. Morgan (they way they go, it probably _is_ Capt. Morgan).

Yes, it's $50 in DC. I picked up a bottle there yesterday. Good stuff although I have to admit I'm not a big Scotch expert.

BTW, it's great finally having a Costco that sells booze within reasonable driving distance. To hell with the loathsome Maryland liquor lobby and their restrictions on supermarket alcohol sales.

Apparently very little to no inventory in most of the locations in FL and the NorthEast (I checked FL, VA, MD, NY, NJ).

How do you check the inventory? Anyone scored this in MA stores?

Yoksel said:   tadr said:   penniless said:   What was the price in the DC Costco?

The consensus is that the 20yr Speyside is MacAllan as well. I'd love to hear any comparison from people who tried both. I got a bottle of 12yr MacAllan at Costco that was supposed to be 100% sherry cask - it didn't taste good and clearly was not in the sherry cask for all 12 years. The 20 year old Speyside is quite good on the other hand.

speyside is like urine

aarzi said:   freddie4x4 said:   I'll drink to that $50 for 15 yr old Scotch is damn good deal Oh, did OP mention it was for a pint?

Looks like a fifth (750ml), not a pint. Or was this supposed to be a joke?

Is there any of this in IL (Chicagoland)?

aloha1973 said:   Is there any of this in IL (Chicagoland)?
Niles was the only store in Chicago area that had any. About 3 cases at noon today.

ppatin said:   tadr said:   penniless said:   What was the price in the DC Costco?

Yes, it's $50 in DC. I picked up a bottle there yesterday. Good stuff although I have to admit I'm not a big Scotch expert.

BTW, it's great finally having a Costco that sells booze within reasonable driving distance. To hell with the loathsome Maryland liquor lobby and their restrictions on supermarket alcohol sales.

This,

I live just south of Bmore and went to the DC Costco on Sunday just to buy Booze.

Picked up the Kirkland spiced rum, bourbon, tequila, vodka and the Sam Adams Special Brew pack.

Also noticed that the replacement kitchen sink Faucet I bought at the A. Mills Costco was $10 cheaper at the DC one.

Is there any of this in IL (Chicagoland)?

Melrose Park location had some left 2 days ago.

ppatin said:   tadr said:   penniless said:   What was the price in the DC Costco?

mdrollas said:   ppatin said:   tadr said:   penniless said:   What was the price in the DC Costco?

10% I believe.

Ugh, I might have to go into DC for this.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014