• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Unfortunately it comes with a black synthetic stock. Not with a nice classic wood stock as many people love but price is good and it is hard nowadays to find one in stock at least here in PA. For ~$300 considering cost of FFL transfer($10-$50 depending where you live) you can have a nice LR22 auto-loader.

MSRP 279$ (http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Carbine/models.html)

Member Summary

carbine (1.55kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

In for one. Thanks, Stas.

If you luck out some chains are still getting them. I walked into Gander the other day to ask about ordering one and he said they were not taking orders. But then turned around and said they got one on a truck that morning. I took out my license faster than if he could ask me if I wanted it.

It is a good one. I was unlucky enough to purchase a Savage 64G LR auto-loader. It is inexpensive and good in terms of accuracy but the way it is made... ohh, man. Plastic trigger guard is just killing me. A replacement one sold by "no-name" company online costs 29$ with shipping and is a piece of junk. This Ruger 10/22 is a good deal, and I would buy one for myself but I have a soft spot for wooden stocks.

DoctorDane said:   If you luck out some chains are still getting them. I walked into Gander the other day to ask about ordering one and he said they were not taking orders. But then turned around and said they got one on a truck that morning. I took out my license faster than if he could ask me if I wanted it.

Now for a deal -- or even availability -- of a few BX25 magazines and we're all set.

MrMiser said:   DoctorDane said:   If you luck out some chains are still getting them. I walked into Gander the other day to ask about ordering one and he said they were not taking orders. But then turned around and said they got one on a truck that morning. I took out my license faster than if he could ask me if I wanted it.

Now for a deal -- or even availability -- of a few BX25 magazines and we're all set.

They were backorderable on ruger.com for $31.95 a week or so ago.

I walked into WalMart last week while they were rolling up their stock cart to sporting goods and scored a wood stocked 10-22 for $229. While I was doing the paperwork 3 more guys walked up asking if they had any Rugers. Wood or Synthetic stock didn't matter to me as I have already stripped it down for a tactical build. WalMart is still getting the same shipments of guns and ammo they did six months ago. The demand is what is keeping the shelves bare. Ask the guy behind the counter, my store gets a shipping manifest daily and they seem to never mind sharing whats comming in that day.

Back orders for the BX-25's from Ruger's site are apparently running ~4 weeks.

This can be had for $199 from many shops in my area (Sacramento, CA) Maybe not right at this moment, but a patient shopper should be able to come by a 10/22 for $199. Even Sports Authority has had sales on them at times.

BlurryEyed said:   This can be had for $199 from many shops in my area (Sacramento, CA) Maybe not right at this moment, but a patient shopper should be able to come by a 10/22 for $199. Even Sports Authority has had sales on them at times.

At any gun show in my area a used 10-22 bring better than this right now. Asking people to "look for a sale" is so yesterday. Ruger has over a 6 week lead time on orders placed by Gun shop owners right now. If you think there will be a "sale" on in stock Ruger 10-22's in the next six months you are living in the past my friend. Yes availability will start to get better but a sale is simply not going to happen this year.

Brico said:   BlurryEyed said:   This can be had for $199 from many shops in my area (Sacramento, CA) Maybe not right at this moment, but a patient shopper should be able to come by a 10/22 for $199. Even Sports Authority has had sales on them at times.
At any gun show in my area a used 10-22 bring better than this right now. Asking people to "look for a sale" is so yesterday. Ruger has over a 6 week lead time on orders placed by Gun shop owners right now. If you think there will be a "sale" on in stock Ruger 10-22's in the next six months you are living in the past my friend. Yes availability will start to get better but a sale is simply not going to happen this year.

My brother-in-law picked up a wooden stock 10/22 at Sports Authority last week for $199. He wasn't looking for one, but saw they had them on sale and in stock and decided to pick one up. One of the three they had in stock. Reasonable prices for a 10/22 are not a thing of the past everywhere, and advising people that a reasonable deal can still be had in the midst of this insanity is hardly worthy of derision.

Sports Authority sells guns? Hmm....I'll have to check. I wasn't aware they did.

This is a little bit a tricky deal. I already noticed a lot of Anecdotes Stories similar to "brother in law adventures" or references to the the mythical WalMart store that ALWAYS HAS EVERYTHING STOCK or a Sport Auhtorithy that HAS EVERYTHING ON SALE . I am tired to hearing this because this mythical WalMart with everything on sale does not exist the same way as a Santa Claus does not exist. It always surprises me how many people believe in mythical "all in stock" WalMart or "Sports Authority with an everlasting sale".

Next time you give a reference to a BM store that has stuff in stock and on sale please provide address of the store and/or a printed copy of receipt where price and dates are printed clear.

Ummm....the OP posted an in-stock online deal. Others have mentioned that they've found them in B&M but everybody knows that luck of the draw. Do I need to post a receipt to prove I got one for $229 at Dicks? Why is that hard to believe? They get shipments in weekly....usually 1-2 guns per delivery and they're gone by lunchtime.

pgtmini said:   Ummm....the OP posted an in-stock online deal. Others have mentioned that they've found them in B&M but everybody knows that luck of the draw. Do I need to post a receipt to prove I got one for $229 at Dicks? Why is that hard to believe? They get shipments in weekly....usually 1-2 guns per delivery and they're gone by lunchtime.

Because this is about "having an opportunity" to purchase something right now and not about "remembering old good days" when prices were lower, girls were prettier, and beer was stronger. I perfectly understand that on Thanksgiving the same rifle was sold at Dicks for around 150$ and occasionally you can find in BM for ~200+ but this deal just gives you a chance to buy item now shell you need it. Is this a great time to buy firearms? No! No! and No! Is it my fault ? No. So why people keep giving me reds for posting something that represents a lowest price available online/in-stock at this time... I do not know.

The Dick's price was $50 off or $179 on BF. They had 100 guns per store and sold out that same day. $229 is the going rate there *today*, if stock is available. I've also seen posts on RFC about Wal-Mart having them on occassion for $199. The $254/shipped price isn't that far off Dick's (considering no tax) but of course FFL fees come on top of that. I gave this green because its far better than GunBroker prices.

Stas1976 said:   pgtmini said:   Ummm....the OP posted an in-stock online deal. Others have mentioned that they've found them in B&M but everybody knows that luck of the draw. Do I need to post a receipt to prove I got one for $229 at Dicks? Why is that hard to believe? They get shipments in weekly....usually 1-2 guns per delivery and they're gone by lunchtime.

Because this is about "having an opportunity" to purchase something right now and not about "remembering old good days" when prices were lower, girls were prettier, and beer was stronger. I perfectly understand that on Thanksgiving the same rifle was sold at Dicks for around 150$ and occasionally you can find in BM for ~200+ but this deal just gives you a chance to buy item now shell you need it. Is this a great time to buy firearm? No! No! and No! Is it my fault ? No. So why people giving me reds for posting something that represents a lowest price available online/in-stock at this time... I do not know.

Ummm.... I'm sorry, this is not about being able to buy right now. this is a HOT DEALs forum. Availability does not alway make an item a hot deal. You posted rifle is not a "bad deal" but it is certainly not a hot one in my area right now. If I can beat the deal at WalMart less than 10 days ago or at Dicks recently I don't think we are living in the good ole days. I stand by what I said that finding a sale is not going to be possible in the near future but if I can pick one up for retail at $229 why is your deal a Hot one?

I think the point is that short of driving around and checking daily at B&M, this online deal is available and fairly priced. That makes it cheaper in the end, unless you're used to visiting those stores regularly anyways.

Brico said:   Stas1976 said:   pgtmini said:   Ummm....the OP posted an in-stock online deal. Others have mentioned that they've found them in B&M but everybody knows that luck of the draw. Do I need to post a receipt to prove I got one for $229 at Dicks? Why is that hard to believe? They get shipments in weekly....usually 1-2 guns per delivery and they're gone by lunchtime.

Because this is about "having an opportunity" to purchase something right now and not about "remembering old good days" when prices were lower, girls were prettier, and beer was stronger. I perfectly understand that on Thanksgiving the same rifle was sold at Dicks for around 150$ and occasionally you can find in BM for ~200+ but this deal just gives you a chance to buy item now shell you need it. Is this a great time to buy firearm? No! No! and No! Is it my fault ? No. So why people giving me reds for posting something that represents a lowest price available online/in-stock at this time... I do not know.

Ummm.... I'm sorry, this is not about being able to buy right now. this is a HOT DEALs forum. Availability does not alway make an item a hot deal. You posted rifle is not a "bad deal" but it is certainly not a hot one in my area right now. If I can beat the deal at WalMart less than 10 days ago or at Dicks recently I don't think we are living in the good ole days. I stand by what I said that finding a sale is not going to be possible in the near future but if I can pick one up for retail at $229 why is your deal a Hot one?

Because you can show up everyday in all retailer stores around and burn gas for the $10 difference as long as your heart desires but none of that will make a change for people who do not have time and money to spend doing the same. I checked retail stores around me and they had a "strong nothing" when it comes to Ruger 10/22. I was bagging my local dealers by email for Ruger 10/22 and nothing was in stock. So at the end I ended up purchasing Savage 64G that I hate to say is a 2/5 stars gun. And I did it because there are ideas of a new regulations around that can ban detachable magazines for all rifles (going be introduced soon in CA and might go federal). So living w/out a 22LR auto-loader did not look pretty to me. I had to buy even choice was not there.

If it was somebody this time posting similar a deal, it would substantially helped me. But nothing was there.

best 22lr on the market! ive had mine for almost 15 years now. when buying extra mags...make sure you get the ruger brand and not an off brand

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014