• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Pickup locally to save on shipping. Otherwise shipping is $50 but 3% FatCash cuts it to about half.

Its sibling 60PA6500 using same panel got Consumer Reports best buy in March issue.

Thread on avsforum.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1390332/lg-50pa6500-and-lg-60pa6500-pl...

I have this plasma and its a nice upgrade from my 5yr old 50" Panasonic 720P screen. I'm quite happy with its performance.

EDIT: Free shipping for today 2/17.

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

60PA5500
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for OP.

Please research your options and preferences for plasma, LED LCD, and CCFL LCD technologies. I did my research and preferred plasma. I purchased this exact model from Fry's about 3 months ago at $699 also.

This set came washed out and grainy from the manufacturer because it was on ENERGY-saving mode and LIGHT-sensor adjustment (pretty cool to see how the brightness level adjusts on its own as the ambient light is adjusted). But after some tweaking and research...woowww! What a magnificent change to my video enjoyment! Even the Matrix in DVD format was stunning already, let alone Avatar or Pixar cartoons. The contrast between dark and light in movie scenes was just out there, compared to my old 42" Vizio 1080p LCD 120Hz. Smooth motion pictures with vivid details. No need to adjust audio/video sync since it's a faster subfield (600Hz). Speakers suck as with most flat panels these days. No surprise there. Reflection is present, but we usually watch TV with the curtains pulled or at night time with low lighting. Nevertheless, if you're up for a stunning HDTV experience, consider this one!

If you're gonna watch mostly non-digital stuff (anything less than 720p resolution), then it's not a good time to buy yet but wait a little longer for prices to go down or programming to be more available. The TV does not produce a 'pleasing' picture when viewing non-digital signals. But once you have digital media playing on it, you are in for a smooth, detailed motion picture.

Worth the price considering the size of the screen, technology, and color reproduction.

back in stock and now with free shipping for today makes it hotter

Free shipping, no sales tax, and no BS fee makes it stupid hot for Californians and others who would have to pay 9-10% sales tax.

what are my options to connect this thing to the internet?

xbmc on (anything) is what most folks are rocking these days.

appletv 2 (firecore)

old pc

Plasma's are not super energy efficient, so if you are into the green - might want to skip.

rigor said:   
Plasma's are not super energy efficient, so if you are into the green - might want to skip.

The energy rating for this TV is $35 a year. I know nothing about how they conducted this figure. For that price, it is absolutely still is affordable. The quality of the picture is already worth it, let alone other features that window shoppers have yet to discover. I think most of us turn on the TV for entertainment...not turn it on to think about energy efficiency...no?

Can this TV read video files (mkv, avi, etc.) via the USB port?

Sach said:   Can this TV read video files (mkv, avi, etc.) via the USB port?

oooo...I'm very tempted to say YES, but have not tried it.

OOS

Due to glass, Plasmas must be kept on the side, so better to have it shipped. I think this is still true?

handyguy said:   Due to glass, Plasmas must be kept on the side, so better to have it shipped. I think this is still true?

You mean vertical, and yes, it's still true.

OOS online, the only stores showing anything other than "limited availability" are in South Florida and McAllen TX.

slickdeal45 said:   handyguy said:   Due to glass, Plasmas must be kept on the side, so better to have it shipped. I think this is still true?

You mean vertical, and yes, it's still true.

Whew...
I was getting worried about how to turn my couch on its side and install seatbelts into it ....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.