• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kindle Fire HD, 16 GB, 7" Now Available for only $149.99 via Twitter & American Express

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/productterms/P35BDC57A7...

Purchase a Kindle Fire HD, 16GB, 7" for $149.99 plus tax by 3/3/2013. Tweet using #BuyKindleFireHD to begin your purchase with synced American Express Card. You will receive a response message from our Twitter handle @AmexSync asking you to Tweet #ConfirmKindleFireHD. After Tweeting #ConfirmKindleFireHD, you will receive a response from @AmexSync and an email from American Express confirming purchase of your Kindle Fire HD. The product will ship to your billing address on file.

Member Summary

Kindle Fire HD, 16 GB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Price has gone up. Still a nice cheap case. Feels like cardboard wrapped in suede. Not a huge fan of the closure flap ju... (more)

zelman (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 3:53a) |

Price is back down to $8.99

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Feb. 22, 2013 @ 1:08p) |

just ordered a KFHD, hope it's good.

cheme2001 (Mar. 03, 2013 @ 6:22p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ty op got one. green for you

Says free shipping, and no tax for Texas.

$50 cheaper- cool....thanks op

btw, does this mean a new version may be coming out soon?

No new version coming out...just one of the many AMEX promotions they run to get this purchase via Tweet thing going...

Ordered one at $149.99 including tax (even though in one spot it says plus tax) and 2 day shipping to NY... saved $50 + $17 tax on this deal. Was gonna get the non HD version for my wife for her BD next month, much better deal!

I thought there was a commerical out saying these were $299 and comaring them to the iPad.

How do these compare? We want another iPad, but do not want to pay all that money for it.

Great price on this, but I really think it's worth the extra $50 for a Nexus 7.

chocula said:   I thought there was a commerical out saying these were $299 and comaring them to the iPad.

How do these compare? We want another iPad, but do not want to pay all that money for it.


You're probably thinking of the 8.9" model. This is the smaller 7". I think this one is better anyways. I'll be doing this deal whenever my AMEX card gets here. I just applied yesterday!

That commercial was for the $299 Kindle Fire HD 8.9", which is a comparable screen size to the Apple iPad.

Thanks op.

I just bought this. Can anyone comment on the warranty info on this?

Never done this before.

signed up and tweeted #ConfirmKindleFireHD w/in 15 min to buy. I guess that is all I needed to do.

Are there any other steps?

Very nice! Just got one. $149 total (no tax and free two day shipping).

rshaslam said:   Never done this before.

signed up and tweeted #ConfirmKindleFireHD w/in 15 min to buy. I guess that is all I needed to do.

Are there any other steps?



(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.AmericanExpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must Tweet using #BuyKindleFireHD;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync asking you to Tweet the #ConfirmKindleFireHD;
(iv) you must confirm your purchase and authorize American Express to charge your Card by Tweeting #ConfirmKindleFireHD;
(v) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync confirming successful purchase; AND
(vi) you must receive a confirmation email from American Express stating that the product has been purchased successfully, including all purchase details.

Bought this yesterday. Live in PA, did not get charged sales tax, saving me a total of $62 compared to buying directly from Amazon.

In. Thanks!

Keep in mind this is going to be an ad supported device. It's $15 to remove the advertisement. And Amazon gives you their own app store, which doesn't have anywhere near what Google Play does.

Hejj said:   Keep in mind this is going to be an ad supported device. It's $15 to remove the advertisements.

Those ads aren't even noticeable.

Stoodo said:   Hejj said:   Keep in mind this is going to be an ad supported device. It's $15 to remove the advertisements.

Those ads aren't even noticeable.


That's entirely subjective. I found them to be obnoxious on the Kindle my son got for Xmas.

Edit: I find it interesting that Stoodo thinks it's ok for him to post his opinion here, but not me.

Hejj said:   Keep in mind this is going to be an ad supported device. It's $15 to remove the advertisement. And Amazon gives you their own app store, which doesn't have anywhere near what Google Play does.

I bought a kindle with ads just to use a coupon it offered. Sometimes the ads are a good thing.

can you just root it/reload a rom/etc to get rid of ads?

Unlike the 1st gen Kindle Fire, this one has a locked bootloader, which makes it very hard to install custom rom, if not impossible. It works fine if you want a device purely to consume Amazon books/movies etc, if you want a real android tablet, spend $50 more and get a nexus 7.

I ended up picking one of these up for my little guy to play with and watch movies. Should be more than enough for that task. Sure the nexus 7 has some more features but I don't think my 2yo needs GPS.

windingpath said:   Unlike the 1st gen Kindle Fire, this one has a locked bootloader, which makes it very hard to install custom rom, if not impossible. It works fine if you want a device purely to consume Amazon books/movies etc, if you want a real android tablet, spend $50 more and get a nexus 7.

More difficult to root for sure but hardly impossible. I have 2 friends running it now and they're about as happy as any N7 user I've met. YMMV.

wlepse said:   I ended up picking one of these up for my little guy to play with and watch movies. Should be more than enough for that task. Sure the nexus 7 has some more features but I don't think my 2yo needs GPS.
Good choice...and Nexus 7 is missing HDMI as well as a better speaker which KFH has. It really depends on what the requirements are. I have Nexus 7 and like it but it does have its limitations.

Hejj said:   Keep in mind this is going to be an ad supported device. It's $15 to remove the advertisement. And Amazon gives you their own app store, which doesn't have anywhere near what Google Play does. Good information, in case others aren't aware, but I'm also going to echo the sentiment that the ads aren't bad. In fact, I bought an ad-free kindle for my wife (this was before they had ad-supported discounted devices) and we ended up opting to turn the ad on because some of those offers are pretty good.

Anyone get shipping info yet? I bought yesterday (2/14). No word on shipping yet.

Kindle Fire HD - 2nd Bootloader
LINK

SpaceBoy said:   Anyone get shipping info yet? I bought yesterday (2/14). No word on shipping yet.

I bought it on 2/14 and it shipped on 2/14 from OH. I am supposed to get it on Monday based on UPS tracking.

Does anyone know of a hard case for a kid for this thing that is not $50?


ComeOnNow said:   This is $15:

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Black-Leather-Kindle-Tablet/dp/B009...


I ordered this one for $9 but I don't know how rigid it is

Thanks OP, just bought one for myself. Was debating between this and the Nexus 7, but for $149 I had to bite on the Kindle.

ComeOnNow said:   SpaceBoy said:   Anyone get shipping info yet? I bought yesterday (2/14). No word on shipping yet.

I bought it on 2/14 and it shipped on 2/14 from OH. I am supposed to get it on Monday based on UPS tracking.


Did you get an email? I ordered on 2/15 and haven't heard anything.

zelman said:   ComeOnNow said:   SpaceBoy said:   Anyone get shipping info yet? I bought yesterday (2/14). No word on shipping yet.

I bought it on 2/14 and it shipped on 2/14 from OH. I am supposed to get it on Monday based on UPS tracking.


Did you get an email? I ordered on 2/15 and haven't heard anything.


I did get an email giving me the tracking number. I ordered around midnight and it was shipped at 8pm the same day.

zelman said:   ComeOnNow said:   This is $15:

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Black-Leather-Kindle-Tablet/dp/B009...


I ordered this one for $9 but I don't know how rigid it is


Thanks. Ordered that one. Good reviews and only $9.

Thanks for this thread, got the Fire and the $9 case mentioned.

jhpurchases said:   Does anyone know of a hard case for a kid for this thing that is not $50?

A lot of the $50 cases are available through Amazon warehouse for under $20.

I received mine earlier today. Warranty is from Amazon and is for 1 year as if you had bought it from Amazon itself. Since we used AMEX, warranty will be doubled to 2 years. Good deal overall.

Edit: This warranty is in addition to 30 day return policy from Links(?), the company which shipped Kindle.

Skipping 6 Messages...
just ordered a KFHD, hope it's good.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014