• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Naked palette
Disclaimer
Code is FFSPRING13, expires 2/17. Includes clearance.

If you're not familiar with UD, it's a mid/high-end cosmetics brand probably best known for its awesome eyeshadows. Its biggest product (that we've all seen endless ripoffs of, even if we didn't know it) is the Naked palette, 12 smooth, pigmented shadows in a universally flattering range of neutral colors, also includes a very nice brush and a good-sized mini of UD's primer potion.

Their Good Karma (non-animal-hair) brushes are also awesome, but honestly, you can get similar products more cheaply elsewhere.

Right now I'm trying to decide whether to get a backup of original Naked palette (which I already have, and use a TON) or Naked 2, which I'm told is every bit as gorgeous. Either way, getting Naked. (It also appears that any purchase comes with a mini-sized Naked Skin Beauty Balm, which I'm assuming is UD's version of a BB cream.)

Member Summary

naked
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$40 is a great deal for Naked, I really want Naked 2, but that brings my total down and adds $8 shipping! Any ideas for a $10 filler?

manderson660 said:   $40 is a great deal for Naked, I really want Naked 2, but that brings my total down and adds $8 shipping! Any ideas for a $10 filler?

I was pondering this myself. The code works on stuff on the sale page, and they have some blushes for $12... the color swatches look freakish but the reviews at makeupalley are really positive for that line.

They also have a double-ended 24/7 liner pencil for $12. I should have mentioned the 24/7 pencils in the OP - they are seriously the best liner pencils I've ever used.

There is also a $10 mini mascara but I've never had all that much luck with UD mascaras.

And a $12 travel size of their mattifying spray .. never used it.

Which is better, Naked 1 or Naked 2? What's the difference?

lars23 said:   Which is better, Naked 1 or Naked 2? What's the difference?

I have Naked 1, and love it, but have read reviews that Naked 2 is better, generally the consensus is that Naked 2 has a better palate of neutrals.

wordgirl said:   manderson660 said:   $40 is a great deal for Naked, I really want Naked 2, but that brings my total down and adds $8 shipping! Any ideas for a $10 filler?

I was pondering this myself. The code works on stuff on the sale page, and they have some blushes for $12... the color swatches look freakish but the reviews at makeupalley are really positive for that line.

They also have a double-ended 24/7 liner pencil for $12. I should have mentioned the 24/7 pencils in the OP - they are seriously the best liner pencils I've ever used.

There is also a $10 mini mascara but I've never had all that much luck with UD mascaras.

And a $12 travel size of their mattifying spray .. never used it.

Good ideas, thanks,
I also found this--Eyeshadow Primer
I have used the original and LOVED it, but lost it!

From what I understand, Naked 2 is taupier/cooler. Naked is on the warmer/yellower spectrum. Naked 2 also has a bigger mirror, and one shade with glitter (Chopper).

My decision would be a lot easier if Naked 2 had Stray Dog in it; I hit pan a long time ago on my Stray Dog single.

manderson660 said:   
I also found this--Eyeshadow Primer
I have used the original and LOVED it, but lost it!
That is a great deal, and it's for tubes, not those infamous genie bottles (there are probably still videos on Youtube of women sawing their bottles in half lengthwise and finding 2/3 of the product "trapped" and unreachable with the doefoot wand.)

Personally, I'm so happy with the $3 E.L.F. mineral primer I don't think I'll ever shop around for anything else.

If you want the 100 percent anti-Naked, there's this: Deluxe Shadow Box. It is every bit as screamingly bright as it looks, but I actually own this and have actually used these colors - very sparingly, they can really wake up a neutral eye look and you can sheer them out for spring as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014