• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Diamond Wireless Extender
Disclaimer
Diamond Multimedia 300Mbps 802.11n Wireless Range Extender (WR300N) has a $10 Coupon on Amazon.com. Net's the product down to $47 plus you get Free SSS or Prime if you have it. I own this range extender and love it. Took a couple minutes to set up in my basement level and now I have full bars on my WiFi downstairs. Literally set it and forget it. HAs great reviews on Amazon and other sites. This is not the lowest I have seen this Extender, but with the coupon it is very competitive and worth it to get.

You can read the detail page or Diamond's site, but here is a little about what it does:
Wireless Range Extender

The WR300N receives weak wireless signals and extends the signal range to greater distances eliminating wireless dead spots.
Standalone Wireless Access Point

Create a wireless network by connecting the device to a wired router/cable modem or DSL modem. This small compact portable device can create wireless connectivity wherever you go. Use in your hotel room and turn a wired internet connection into a wireless internet connection.
Wireless Bridge Device

When functioning as a wireless bridge, the WR300N receives a wireless signal from your home wireless network and converts it to wired Ethernet connections for non-wireless devices such as internet ready HDTVs, gaming consoles such as Playstation 3, and Internet-ready Blu-ray players.

Great if you have a big house or an old one like me.

Member Summary

Diamond Wireless Range Extender
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
NOTE: Device costs $47 after $10 coupon. Thread title is misleading.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

how do you get the coupobn?

how do you get the coupon?

It's on the product page. I think you have to be signed in to get it. On the page is a box that shows the coupon ad you simply "clip" it. Hope that helps

Please put the price in the title !!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, buy a cheap wireless router that supports dd-wrt and configure it as an extender. Not exactly plug-n-play with the dd-wrt method, but the final cost could be cheaper.

SSI - I dont think that is an easy solution. You MIGHT be able to buy a cheap router for what? $39.99? This unit is set up, sits in an outlet and does its job. Where is a router supposed to sit?

The dd-wrt router would sit in an outlet and also does it job the same way.
It will definitely take more configuration though

i've had this for a little over a year. works great for the kids to get Netflix on the opposite side of the house.

For current users" any thoughts about how far this would extend an existing wifi network in a normal house/building and what kind of speed hit the extended connection would take? I have already tried a D-Link extender, but the connection was spotty and the speed was dialup-esque.

PNWBargainHunter said:   SSI - I dont think that is an easy solution. You MIGHT be able to buy a cheap router for what? $39.99? This unit is set up, sits in an outlet and does its job. Where is a router supposed to sit?

here, $20. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1257312/

dd-wrt would definitely would require some configuration work, but it will also be the most flexible option.

PNWBargainHunter said:   SSI - I dont think that is an easy solution. You MIGHT be able to buy a cheap router for what? $39.99? This unit is set up, sits in an outlet and does its job. Where is a router supposed to sit?

I have this one and it works well. There's plenty of discussion on it. All you have to do is upgrade the firmware and follow the instructions to use it as an extender. This is out of stock now but I got it for maybe $15. Watch for similar items.

wireless router/extender

another popular choice for $25 (ShopRunner_elig) asus router

I never have done this --- but most posts say it is easy to do

edit to add: 999 limit per customer (Newegg)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014