• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.fly.com/Deal/?Id=NYC021513&.

Honolulu from $365
Kona from $378
Lihue from $378
Maui from $378


Use the Fly.com Fare Calendar links below to easily find the best dates to travel through March 14. Book today -- these fares are not advertised by the airlines and may disappear at any time.

Member Summary

Hawaii
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer

Hawaii
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It seems really practical. However, can I book my flyback time at Dec. 2013?

Great deal OP

I don't get this. When you do a search the site takes you to other sites, like Expedia and Travelocity which displays prices that sometimes aren't even close to 378 dollars R/T? Am I doing something wrong?

alantan23 said:   I don't get this. When you do a search the site takes you to other sites, like Expedia and Travelocity which displays prices that sometimes aren't even close to 378 dollars R/T? Am I doing something wrong?

Those boxes are to "compare your results" with other sites. That said I'm not getting any hits on the 1st one I tried.

Edit: I changed the qty from 2 to 1 and it found hits.

Friends from other U.S. cities ask me if they could expect similar any time soon(?)
One is laughing that fly.com has Dallas-Hawaii round-trip higher than (Dallas-NYC and NYC-Hawaii) round-trip combined!

It is called supply and demand; fares to Hawaii from the West Coast on AS, HA have also been dropping like a rock, primarily out of SJC. We are flying back from OGG (to SAN) in early March on AS, price has dropped $30 since the beginning of the year, called AS who sent vouchers for the difference.

HA is notorious for dropping fares in one direction, not so much for the return, so inventory for such deals is typically limited, important to act fast.


there is a trend here of selling more one way legs to HNL for cheap --- this is great for those of us with BA avios miles having trouble finding both ways that fit are needs

no one mentions the $prices of one-way legs; I suspect they may not be much less than current round-trip special

SinglePapa said:   no one mentions the $prices of one-way legs; I suspect they may not be much less than current round-trip special

they are there if you look --- the hawaiianairlines web site also have these --- and usually a 5% affinity discount can be found if you look hard enough

Don't overlook Alaska Air - great deals from SLC, SAN, PDX, opportunities for saaver award bookings on AA, BA.

United has well-scheduled (evening return departure red-eye so you get an extra day at the beach) non-stops to Hawaii from EWR that range in price from ~$500 to >$1300. Prices can vary widely week to week / day to day. A useful tool is the United.com "my dates are flexible" rate calendar.

Assuming 10,000 FF miles RT and $500 per ticket, and assuming UA FF miles (Elite qualifying miles) are worth at least 2-3 cents each (if used for both rewards and elite qualification - this applies to some but not all fliers), the net cost of the RT ticket is $200-300.

Caveat - the cheapest tickets are not upgradeable with miles. Also... the jet-lag can be tough!

JDdoc said:   United has well-scheduled (evening return departure red-eye so you get an extra day at the beach) non-stops to Hawaii from EWR that range in price from ~$500 to >$1300. Prices can vary widely week to week / day to day. A useful tool is the United.com "my dates are flexible" rate calendar.

Assuming 10,000 FF miles RT and $500 per ticket, and assuming UA FF miles (Elite qualifying miles) are worth at least 2-3 cents each (if used for both rewards and elite qualification - this applies to some but not all fliers), the net cost of the RT ticket is $200-300.

Caveat - the cheapest tickets are not upgradeable with miles. Also... the jet-lag can be tough!


The same logic can be applied to HA - where the FF miles from the ONE such trip are worth a free interisland flight. HA's onboard service, overall performance is ranked FAR superior to UA - important for such a long flight.

Unlike UA, HA allows family members to pool miles - provided at least one holds their credit card. For those who dabble in credit cards for travel rewards, it is one of the more popular offerings http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-based-airlines/1276790-haw...

There are also reports on FlyerTalk of AA offering sub $400 RT on select dates from LGA, DFW to LIH, OGG, and KOA.

Redbeard25 said:   better place to look

Thanks, I hadn't known of the resource.

There are a lot of great deals.I am confused which deal i should opt for.

costalessgolf said:   There are a lot of great deals.I am confused which deal i should opt for.I would go for the best one.

Jet Airways puts 2 mln seats on sale at discounted price of Rs 2,250 across India...It's valid till December 2013

danant said:   Jet Airways puts 2 mln seats on sale at discounted price of Rs 2,250 across India...It's valid till December 2013Did they move Hawaii to India now?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014