Asus 14.0 Notebook $150 Walmart YMMV

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Asus 14.0 Notebook on clearance at WalMart $150. I purchased 2 at my local store in GA and they had 9 more available. I didn't see the item available online, only the refurbished. The item # is 088622721596. This is not an open-box, but all open box computers were an additional 10% off. Original Price $348.00

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Asus-Matte-Deep-Blue-Square-14-X401U-E...

Here are the specs:

The Asus 14" X401U-EBL4 Laptop PC features Instant On to resume your laptop within two seconds. A SuperSpeed USB 3.0 port provides data transfer rates that are ten times faster than USB 2.0. Palm Proof technology prevents accidental input. Power4Gear automatically adjust fan speeds for quiet computing and prolonged battery life.

Asus 14" X401U-EBL4 Laptop PC:

Key Features and Benefits:•AMD E1 1200 processor
1.40GHz, 1MB L2 Cache

•4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory
Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

•320GB hard drive
Store 213,000 photos, 91,000 songs or 168 hours of HD video and more

•10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN
Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC

•14" HD slim display
UMA Graphics

Additional Features:•0.3MP webcam with built-in microphone
•5-in-1 memory card reader
•1 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x USB 2.0 port, 1 x headphone jack, 1 x microphone jack, 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port, 1 x VGA port
•6-cell lithium-ion battery, up to 5 h 34 min battery life

Software:•Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition (To learn more about the features of Windows 7, click here)
•Microsoft Office Starter 2010: Includes reduced functionality versions of Microsoft Word and Excel, with advertising. PowerPoint and Outlook are NOT included. Purchase Office 2010 today and get the most out of your new PC. (To learn more about the features of Office 2010, click here)
TrendMicro anti-virus
•Backup and Restore options built into Windows allow you to create safety copies of your most important personal files, so you're always prepared for the worst

Support and Warranty:•1-year parts warranty; 1-year limited labor warranty
•Restore discs are not included (unless specified by supplier). We recommend you use the installed software to create your own restore and backup DVD the first week you use the computer.

What's In The Box:•Power cord
•6-cell lithium-ion battery
•Quick Start Guide

PC

Condition:

New

Primary Color:

Blue

Processor Brand:

AMD

Processor Type:

AMD E1 1200 Processor

Processor Speed:

1.40 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache

System Ram:

4 GB

Maximum Memory Expansion:

4 GB

Hard Drive Size:

320 GB

Laptop Screen Size:

14.0 inch

Screen Type:

HD

Graphics Card:

UMA Graphics

Card Reader Type:

5 in 1 Digital Media Card Reader

Battery Life:

5 hours 34 minutes

Battery Type:

Lithium Ion

Network Connection:

802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN,10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

Connector Type:

1 x USB 2.0,1 x HDMI,1 x DC-in,1 x Ethernet,1 x Headphone,1 x Microphone,1 x VGA,1 x USB 3.0

Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Accessories Included:

Power Cord,Quick Start Guide,6-cell Lithium-ion battery

Bus Speed:

1333 MHz

Model No.:

X401U-EBL4

Shipping Weight (in pounds):

Product in Inches (L x W x H):

13.5 x 9.5 x 1.3

WalMart No.:

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus 14.0 Notebook (14.79kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Would you be playing with all the whaheenies?
(I think that means ladys)

yesidonoitall (Feb. 17, 2013 @ 4:31p) |

WalMart in Pooler, GA has 3 but they are priced at $290 as of this post so YMMV

superfreak78 (Feb. 18, 2013 @ 12:07p) |

I was able to remove the cpu with some bolt cutters, but I'm not sure how to install the i3 chip? I tried duck tape, an... (more)

Qkilla (Feb. 18, 2013 @ 6:19p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

What part of the country was this located in ?

Acapulco said:   What part of the country was this located in ?

GA

fortune2000 said:   I purchased 2 at my local store in GA

Which did you fail - Geography, English, or both?

WalMart does not have any sort of online stock checker do they?

no need to be rude, I at first did not see the first part of his post.

WalMart clearance is on a store-by-store basis so I don't recommend wasting your time unless you and the OP live in the same city.

Georgia is a big state. You can't be more specific?

I'm in Douglasville, GA

Which WalMart in GA, please, OP?

i can run faster than that CPU.

Please be more specific. Which part of Douglasville?

cptbarkey189 said:   i can run faster than that CPU.

You are not the blade runner are you?

There is only 1 WalMart actually in Douglasville. This is on Highway 5. I don't know the exact address. Lithia Springs is only a few miles aways so they probably have them as well.

Ironically, at that price the Win7 license alone is worth more than the computer!

fortune2000 said:   There is only 1 WalMart actually in Douglasville. This is on Highway 5. I don't know the exact address. Lithia Springs is only a few miles aways so they probably have them as well.

I think he was just joking with you...

Yea, WalMart is definitely random when it comes to clearance deals on a store to store basis, but nevertheless, thanks for taking the time to post the deal, OP!

Hello,

I can confirm you will find some nice laptop deals coming up very soon as well from what a Wal-Mart Representative told me. Wal-Mart is getting new and improved electronics line up. In stores they mark down approximation of 30 laptops because they had windows 7, and it came down from above to get rid of them asap prices were no higher than $200. This Sunday you should be surprise as well because now are going to go for the touch screen notebook pcs in their line up keep an eye open for some very nice deals at your local Wal-Mart.

On WalMart.com you can select your local store and it will either give you an option to pick it up today or say limited stock in most cases.

Well crap. I'd jump on this if I had a way to check local store inventory...

Ya wish there was a way to check local store inventory.

Clearance pricing is ymmv at WalMart

mrtrance said:   Ya wish there was a way to check local store inventory.

But you can

800 call wmart

The deal is so particular. Thanks for taking time to share it. Give a green.

Not in store anywhere in Memphis, TN.

Just reporting.

Slashbeast said:   Hello,

I can confirm you will find some nice laptop deals coming up very soon as well from what a Wal-Mart Representative told me. Wal-Mart is getting new and improved electronics line up. In stores they mark down approximation of 30 laptops because they had windows 7, and it came down from above to get rid of them asap prices were no higher than $200. This Sunday you should be surprise as well because now are going to go for the touch screen notebook pcs in their line up keep an eye open for some very nice deals at your local Wal-Mart.

I found this to be true in the dallas area. Saw lots of rad tags at around the $200 mark, yet all the laptops were gone!

*BTW, the 2 second "instant on" is resuming from sleep, not from power on.

$299 in Richmond, VA

froberts2 said:   fortune2000 said:   I purchased 2 at my local store in GA

Which did you fail - Geography, English, or both?

LOLOL, good one!!

acraven5 said:   Georgia is a big state. You can't be more specific?

fortune2000 said:   I'm in Douglasville, GA

Bizatch said:   Please be more specific. Which part of Douglasville?

fortune2000 said:   There is only 1 WalMart actually in Douglasville. This is on Highway 5. I don't know the exact address. Lithia Springs is only a few miles aways so they probably have them as well.

Please be more specific. Which part of the one WalMart actually in Douglasville on Hightway 5? Over by the cookies?

cptbarkey189 said:   i can run faster than that CPU.

Oh come on.. It's not that bad. Can handle basic usage and web browsing. What else can you get in $150?
You cant compare android shit and Windows 7.

rockymast said:   cptbarkey189 said:   i can run faster than that CPU.

Oh come on.. It's not that bad. Can handle basic usage and web browsing. What else can you get in $150?
You cant compare android shit and Windows 7.

i dont know, just not spending $150 and saving that money sounds better than buying this junker.

nice deal.. too bad!! shows as $290 in Bay Area.

My WM over the last few days removed all of the display models awaiting new ones.
I asked where are they and where is the store stock of the unopend ones, he said all were sent to another store.

buy this and upgrade the cpu to core i3. For $250, you can have a very fast laptop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116775

fatxman said:   buy this and upgrade the cpu to core i3. For $250, you can have a very fast laptop

That's not going to work at all because:
1. This machine is an AMD based motherboard and can't take an Intel CPU.
2. The processor your posted is for a desktop.
3. Most laptops don't have the capability of upgrading the processor without replacing the entire motherboard.

nevermind. info found in op

Dfshortguy26 said:   Do we have a SKU # for this? Is it the same as the number for the refurb online?

New and refurd would not have the same sku
or the same UPC number

fatxman said:   buy this and upgrade the cpu to core i3. For $250, you can have a very fast laptop

Do you just cut the motherboard to jam this Intel I3 Desktop chip into the AMD Laptop socket or do I have to also cut a hole in the case so the chip will fit?

Skipping 23 Messages...

I was able to remove the cpu with some bolt cutters, but I'm not sure how to install the i3 chip? I tried duck tape, and it's holding now, but for some reason the laptop no longer powers on

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014