Asus 14.0 Notebook $150 Walmart YMMV

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Gethome said:   fatxman said:   buy this and upgrade the cpu to core i3. For $250, you can have a very fast laptop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116775

Do you just cut the motherboard to jam this Intel I3 Desktop chip into the AMD Laptop socket or do I have to also cut a hole in the case so the chip will fit?

It plugs into the USB port

cptbarkey189 said:   i can run faster than that CPU.
Show us..... and get out of here.

Any way we can get a scan of the receipt? My WalMart has them and may price match if I can prove the price....

Thanks

anyone found these in atlanta?

receipt please

fatxman said:   buy this and upgrade the cpu to core i3. For $250, you can have a very fast laptop

Are you retarded or something? I hate when people talk like they know when they really don't know crap.

I previously bought this at WM for the 290 price in the link. Warning it does not come with the MS Office Starter like the page says. Also I ended up returning it after a few days because it was choking on some youtube vids.

Basic web browsing - Good
Battery Life ~ 4hrs during moderate use (N64 emu playing ocarina of time no lag btw)
13 hrs on standby, 4 days on hibernate. Gives you the option whether to choose and gives rough time for each.
Decent startup time, great resume from standby time, and if you are major particular about speed I believe it can be upgraded to an SSD but that ruins the price point in my opinion.

Light laptop and nice screen

MAJOR fingerprint magnet!
The mouse buttons are intergrated into the touchpad, and feel flimsy.
Chokes on some browsing

I did return this as I did not like it for 290 (313 after tax) but for half the price I think it is worth it.

I checked several stores in Lexington, KY, they all had it on clearance, but marked at $290. Nobody would give me the $150 price.

soundtechie said:   I checked several stores in Lexington, KY, they all had it on clearance, but marked at $290. Nobody would give me the $150 price.

Their clearance prices vary

Price is $290 at the WalMart I just visited in Austin TX.

Surprised there is so much green when this deal has hardly been recreated. All these WalMart deals are YMMV and usually are never found.

i think if I had a receipt scan I could probably convince someone to honor the price....

Nothing less than 500 in stock at 4 north Chicagoland stores

srdean said:   Nothing less than 500 in stock at 4 north Chicagoland stores

And the price IS?

Not available in either store here on Oahu.

Jamtastic said:   Not available in either store here on Oahu.
If I lived in Oahu, I probably wouldn't be playing on my computer.

Should that read "Nothing costing less than $500 in stock at ..."

yesidonoitall said:   srdean said:   Nothing less than 500 in stock at 4 north Chicagoland stores

And the price IS?

froberts2 said:   fortune2000 said:   I purchased 2 at my local store in GA

Acapulco said:   What part of the country was this located in ?

Which did you fail - Geography, English, or both?

A whole other country.

will this play game am looking for a gaming one...

pcgamerdude3 said:   will this play game am looking for a gaming one...

It will handle Solitaire just find, just don't try Spider Solitaire.

miqie said:   Jamtastic said:   Not available in either store here on Oahu.
If I lived in Oahu, I probably wouldn't be playing on my computer.

Would you be playing with all the whaheenies?
(I think that means ladys)

WalMart in Pooler, GA has 3 but they are priced at $290 as of this post so YMMV

fortune2000 said:   I'm in Douglasville, GA

fatxman said:   buy this and upgrade the cpu to core i3. For $250, you can have a very fast laptop

I was able to remove the cpu with some bolt cutters, but I'm not sure how to install the i3 chip? I tried duck tape, and it's holding now, but for some reason the laptop no longer powers on

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014