1366 x 768
ATSC/NTSC/Clear QAM Tuner
2 In HDMI 1 In Component Video 1 Coaxial Out

Promo Code
EMCXVWR97

Link

Reviews

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889112072
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This would make a better monitor than TV.

jwengerd said:   This would make a better monitor than TV.

Huh? All modern TVs are monitors.

This would be perfect for a TV in the bathroom or if I could figure out how to mount it in my minivan

I was also looking for a small display for my raspberry pi to display digital photos. This might work nicely. Only thing that would make it better is touchscreen.

The specs say it has a contrast ratio of 500:1. That's the lowest I have ever seen for an LCD TV. Typically, the contrast ratio is in the thousands. The higher the better.

Cornelius said:   The specs say it has a contrast ratio of 500:1. That's the lowest I have ever seen for an LCD TV. Typically, the contrast ratio is in the thousands. The higher the better.

You are correct, that is a horrible contrast ratio...however, pretty good reviews at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-E165BV-HD-16-Inch-720p-Black/produ...

Cornelius said:   The specs say it has a contrast ratio of 500:1. That's the lowest I have ever seen for an LCD TV. Typically, the contrast ratio is in the thousands. The higher the better.

That seems to be a static contrast ratio. Those generally range from 500:1 to 1000:1. The other contrast ratio you see (20,000,000:1) are dynamic contrast ratios, in which they vary the backlight brightness according to the picture being displayed. IOW, DCR is a "fake" contrast ratio, and the real contrast ratio of the panel is the static contrast ratio, which is often not specified on modern panels. So this one isn't really all that bad.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014