• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I know these have been in clearance at Staples for a few weeks, but now they have lowered the prices even more. If you can find them at your local Staples, they are not bad deals. My local stores still have plenty of SL99s, SL100s, and SL150s.

Soul Headphones

SL49 - $20.90
SL99 - $29.90
SL100 - $49.90
SL150 - $69.90
SL300 - $89.90

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Soul by Ludacris (55.81kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got one of each, nice deal! I personally like both sound and comfort of SL300 better, not sure why most review say SL150... (more)

argentum (Feb. 18, 2013 @ 12:53p) |

Hey, anyone know if these can be found in new jersey?

yourbruddah (Feb. 23, 2013 @ 2:28p) |

Was just at a Louisville Staples today. got SL150 and a SL99 for $69 & $29 and they let me use an online only $25 off $7... (more)

rootbear (Feb. 25, 2013 @ 8:49p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks OP. How do these compare to Beats by Dr. Dre?

I don't know how they compare, some reviews say Beats are better while others say Souls are better. Most review sites favor the non-celebrity headphones anyway. In those reviews, they usually say that these do not worth the price but not bad in general. But now these are basically 70% off and maybe almost half the Amazon price. It seems like they offer a pretty good value for the price if you can find one closed to you. My SL300 sounds pretty good to me.

Sl300 is one of the best noise canceling headphones. Check out cnet reviews....

Are they designed/manufactured by Bose? Or maybe they are crappy headphones with a buzz name on them? I would not pay a premium only for the Ludacris or Beats inscription on a piece of plastic.

daczilla said:   Are they designed/manufactured by Bose? Or maybe they are crappy headphones with a buzz name on them? I would not pay a premium only for the Ludacris or Beats inscription on a piece of plastic.

Made by Signeo...not that I know how that should be interpreted.

repost. old deal. most stores OOS. YMMV. only for the lucky few.

These are new prices, even lower than last time if you have not noticed. All the stores I visited last night (3 of them) still have all of these in stock except for SL300 which I bought from the 3rd store.

any way to check inventory online for the stores?

daczilla said:   Are they designed/manufactured by Bose? Or maybe they are crappy headphones with a buzz name on them? I would not pay a premium only for the Ludacris or Beats inscription on a piece of plastic.

A lot of people would argue that Bose are crappy headphones with a buzz name on them...

drupha said:   daczilla said:   Are they designed/manufactured by Bose? Or maybe they are crappy headphones with a buzz name on them? I would not pay a premium only for the Ludacris or Beats inscription on a piece of plastic.

A lot of people would argue that Bose are crappy headphones with a buzz name on them...

Bose has a good sounding noise canceling headphone. It's wayyy overpriced though just like all their other mid range stuff they try to pass of as the best around.

Thanks OP, not that i need them, but at these prices, maybe i do

Thanks OP. Was able to pick up the last SL300 at my local store today.

I picked up a pair of the SL150, reviews side with the SL150 over buying the SL300 and SL100 SL150 SL300

Damn I really want one of these...figures I am working all weekend during the hours that Staples is open. I bet they will be gone before the end of the day tomorrow.

Just got the SL300s at my local store. Headphones are pretty good but the sound leakage is terrible. My wife could hear the music perfectly while I was wearing the headphones!

Looks like almost no store carry them, tried some random zip across the continent and nothing shows up in inventory check.

I just did inventory check for a lot of East Coast city zip code, like DC, Philadelphia, NY, Boston, and they all have a number of stores with low inventory on the SL150. All the stores that I visited that had the SL150 and the inventory check said those stores have low inventory. Don't know about other part of the country but there seem to be some inventory still in the East Coast.

Hamilton, nj has quite a few of these stil. Maybe I'll pick up some today.

Double post

Staten Island, NY. ---- just scored the last SL150. They told me they have one SL300 in stock.

EDIT: Just tried them on. They are super comfy, feel very well built, come with two detacheable(!) cords and look very, very nice (I got the SL150CB model). The only gripe is that the cords are a bit on the short side, I wish they were a foot or so longer. Anyhoo, money well spent!

I am debating between the sl150 and the sl100...the 100s look smaller and more portable but the 150 don't exactly look huge...anyone care to comment?

Do the 150 if you want the best sound. For me, you are not going to go jogging with these, nor these can fit easily in any pocket anyway.

hondo1978 said:   Do the 150 if you want the best sound. For me, you are not going to go jogging with these, nor these can fit easily in any pocket anyway.

Yeah I went with that one. The reviews seem to overwhelmingly favor that mode. Will try them out later.

Anyone find the 150 cup too small? 300 is pretty comfy, but 150 is a tight fit for me.

argentum said:   Anyone find the 150 cup too small? 300 is pretty comfy, but 150 is a tight fit for me.

Remember the 300 is an "over the ear" headphone and the 150 is an "on the ear" headphone. Are you trying to make it cover your entire ear?

I actually did not know that, LOL
BTW no coupon to sweeten the deal? Looks like Staples got really tight on coupons.

cnvrtble98 said:   argentum said:   Anyone find the 150 cup too small? 300 is pretty comfy, but 150 is a tight fit for me.
Remember the 300 is an "over the ear" headphone and the 150 is an "on the ear" headphone. Are you trying to make it cover your entire ear?

Are these flippable on eBay at this price? Need to burn some rewards.

EDIT: Answer is no, you can get maybe 65 bucks for the sl150 before all fees. Would need to get around 90 to break even after getting bent over by eBay/paypal

I found SL300 and SL150 items at a few Staples in MA (Springfield and Raynham). SL300s fit really well, look like a solid product but I'm concerned about the complaints about noise bleed, I'll have to test that out the wife.

snowphun said:   I found SL300 and SL150 items at a few Staples in MA (Springfield and Raynham). SL300s fit really well, look like a solid product but I'm concerned about the complaints about noise bleed, I'll have to test that out the wife.

If you drove between Springfield and Raynham in the weather we had earlier you deserve a medal!

Got one of each, nice deal! I personally like both sound and comfort of SL300 better, not sure why most review say SL150 sounds better.
Anyone else have same opinion as me? I felt SL300 sound clearer and stronger, and the isolation is surely another plus.

snowphun said:   I found SL300 and SL150 items at a few Staples in MA (Springfield and Raynham). SL300s fit really well, look like a solid product but I'm concerned about the complaints about noise bleed, I'll have to test that out the wife.

Hey, anyone know if these can be found in new jersey?

Was just at a Louisville Staples today. got SL150 and a SL99 for $69 & $29 and they let me use an online only $25 off $75 coupon. i was pretty pleased.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014