• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary

Its going to be on sale everywhere!
Does Amazon will pricematch?
Thankz Mr. C

No kidding, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Best Buy. Where to buy? Any coupons that would make a difference? Other factors? Like Staples return policy is better than most? Hmmm...

SpacelySprockets said:   No kidding, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Best Buy. Where to buy? Any coupons that would make a difference? Other factors? Like Staples return policy is better than most? Hmmm...

But this way there can be more OPs, more complaints about OPs, and more difficult for difficult for FW members to find the deal.

FWIW, another model is price reduced at Costco.com 2/18.

My major problem is the ink dry up, else I would be all over this deal. The wifi make this pretty good.

I print once in about 2 or 3 months.

WorkerAnt said:   My major problem is the ink dry up, else I would be all over this deal. The wifi make this pretty good.

I print once in about 2 or 3 months.

But at the cost of this for ink who cares

horizon6 said:   SpacelySprockets said:   No kidding, Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Best Buy. Where to buy? Any coupons that would make a difference? Other factors? Like Staples return policy is better than most? Hmmm...

But this way there can be more OPs, more complaints about OPs, and more difficult for difficult for FW members to find the deal.

FWIW, another model is price reduced at Costco.com 2/18.

IWN, with out the model #/name.

Thanks, Mistercheap (OP)!

I was going to get the $60 one which seemed good enough, but the extra features plus the extra year warranty coverage made the $90 one an easy choice for me. This will be the nicest printer, by far, I've ever owned.

The 825 and 835 seem to be equivalent but both have slightly upgraded features compared to the 625.

Best Buy is selling the 835. I can return it at the store for 30 days without any stocking fee (if I changed my mind for any reason). I get 5% back for Shop Discover, which makes up for about half the CA sales tax.

I'm still loving the Dell N4110 you tipped me off to last year. I should really just save a search for your threads

Where do I buy the cheapest ink for this printer? Could someone provide me a link to this catriage? Thanks

eliagao said:   Where do I buy the cheapest ink for this printer? Could someone provide me a link to this catriage? Thanks

I saw some suggestions for cheap ink for Brother printers in this thread : http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=18&threadid...

I actually ordered some Meritline ink just a bit ago. That's cool, I trust it well enough to use it. BUT, I may have found the better answer I've been looking for. First let me say I have absolutely no relationship to this company or stand to gain anything, just sharing what I found. I found them on Amazon then when and checked out the web site directly. The company is printpayless. They sell bottles of ink which they claim is specifically formulated For Brother which I assume means the additives such as glycerol and some cleaning fluids to keep the print head clear. The bottles can be used to directly fill the OEM cartridges, no syringe needed. But better yet they sell these clear pre-filled cartridges with easily accessible holes pre-drilled with plugs. They also sell other cool stuff like Continuous Ink Supply Systems but Not sure I really need that, have to think about it. Anyway, why I didn't find these guys before I don't know but I've very hopeful this will work out well for me so just passing along FYI for what it's worth.

SpacelySprockets said:   I actually ordered some Meritline ink just a bit ago. That's cool, I trust it well enough to use it. BUT, I may have found the better answer I've been looking for. First let me say I have absolutely no relationship to this company or stand to gain anything, just sharing what I found. I found them on Amazon then when and checked out the web site directly. The company is printpayless. They sell bottles of ink which they claim is specifically formulated For Brother which I assume means the additives such as glycerol and some cleaning fluids to keep the print head clear.
Unless you have no plans to recycle cartridges at Staples/OD/OM, there is little reason to not just buy cheap cartridges and then trade them in. You can get ink cartridges for under $1 apiece on Amazon. You can trade them in for $2 in store credit at Staples. At that price, there's little reason to bother with a continuous ink system.

No duplex scanner?? Hi, 1982 called, it wants it's AIO back.

billrubin said:   SpacelySprockets said:   I actually ordered some Meritline ink just a bit ago. That's cool, I trust it well enough to use it. BUT, I may have found the better answer I've been looking for. First let me say I have absolutely no relationship to this company or stand to gain anything, just sharing what I found. I found them on Amazon then when and checked out the web site directly. The company is printpayless. They sell bottles of ink which they claim is specifically formulated For Brother which I assume means the additives such as glycerol and some cleaning fluids to keep the print head clear.
Unless you have no plans to recycle cartridges at Staples/OD/OM, there is little reason to not just buy cheap cartridges and then trade them in. You can get ink cartridges for under $1 apiece on Amazon. You can trade them in for $2 in store credit at Staples. At that price, there's little reason to bother with a continuous ink system.

From a pure cost perspective I agree. What I'm hoping to get out of it is the right ink mix including additives such as glycerol & other cleaning fluids meant to keep the print head clear. Near as I can tell the cheap cartridges I've been buying don't have the additives and may have led to the death of my MFC-440CN print head. I'm hoping to avoid this with the MFC-J825DW. Of course maybe I've got this all wrong and am wasting money but it's my plan for now. Time will tell I guess.

SpacelySprockets said:   I actually ordered some Meritline ink just a bit ago. That's cool, I trust it well enough to use it. BUT, I may have found the better answer I've been looking for. First let me say I have absolutely no relationship to this company or stand to gain anything, just sharing what I found. I found them on Amazon then when and checked out the web site directly. The company is printpayless. They sell bottles of ink which they claim is specifically formulated For Brother which I assume means the additives such as glycerol and some cleaning fluids to keep the print head clear. The bottles can be used to directly fill the OEM cartridges, no syringe needed. But better yet they sell these clear pre-filled cartridges with easily accessible holes pre-drilled with plugs. They also sell other cool stuff like Continuous Ink Supply Systems but Not sure I really need that, have to think about it. Anyway, why I didn't find these guys before I don't know but I've very hopeful this will work out well for me so just passing along FYI for what it's worth.

I don't know, the reviews for their Canon ink on Amazon isn't very good. That was just the first one I saw on Google, so maybe the Brother type is better. But just the same, I think I'll try another vendor.

anonguy said:   I don't know, the reviews for their Canon ink on Amazon isn't very good. That was just the first one I saw on Google, so maybe the Brother type is better. But just the same, I think I'll try another vendor.
There are a LOT of listings for their products on Amazon and most of them seem to be better than the one you linked to. I looked those reviews over and most of the really low ratings seemed to be operator error filling the cartridges, one saying the cartridges didn't fit and two complaining about color accuracy. Not sure I'd even notice something so subtle. But It's a review for cartridges for Canon PIXMA printers and owners of those seem to be more picky about color profiles than most.

You're right, the Brother one actually has decent reviews. But I don't know about refilling. Like someone said, with Staples the prefilled ones would essentially be free, while if something went south with these kits you would just have the four cartridges to turn in. That said, my run of luck with eBay ink ran out with my Epson and it ended up permanently clogging two of the heads. Hoping to avoid that with the new Brother.

I agree the ink is free or even you're getting paid to use that ink. That's hard to argue with. My main concerns are life of the printer and I would sort of like to stay with black pigment ink for resistance to moisture damage. Based on what I've seen so far, any of those ultra cheap inks are going to use dye for black. Sooo, I'm now looking around for sites that sell black pigment ink. A claim of an ink formula nearly to Brother OEM seems a bit hollow if the black ink is dye based, so I'm bailing on printpayless. I know, I sang their praises but as I learn more, well, moving on. My new short list, so far, has printerfillingstation and inkproducts. I also like the fact that printerfillingstation sells the WJ807 Printhead Cleaner that I very much want to try using to revive at least my most recent deal printer with, the MFC-440CN. And printerfillingstation seels that really cool vacuum system for refilling OEM Brother LC71/LC75 cartridges. Anyway, as I said I have some Meritline ink already I have to use up so have time to figure out what I want to do next.

looper said:   No duplex scanner?? Hi, 1982 called, it wants it's AIO back.

Yeah, this is the only bummer I've seen in my first couple hours with the device. Note: Adobe Acrobat XI will let you scan a stack of docs, flip it over, and scan their backs. It will correctly sort the results.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014