• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bought a ridgid shop vac with detachable blower utica mich special value. Am only posting this because these are great vacs. I have the 16 gal with blower for 6 years now, it has been abused repeadatly and has never left me down.
This one is slightly smaller but for $60.00 I feel is a good deal. The blower is great for blowing out the filter.I think these have a lifetime warranty also.

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ridgid shop vac
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Edit: Here's a link to the product Ridgid WD1280

As the OP says, YMMV.

This looks like the one I picked up today for the same price. I ordered the Ridgid WD1280 online (using the FW CashBack deal, of course). It was priced at $89.99 on the website, but when I got to the store they had changed the price to $59.88 without telling me. This seems like a very good deal for this vac.

Beware, though; they had another 12 gal Ridgid vac, model WD1273, on sale for $59.99 that looks very similar. Looks like the main differences are that the WD1280 has a detachable blower and it has 2.5" hoses vs 1.8" hoses on the WD1273.

I would definitely buy the WD1280 over the WD1273. My advice would be to order it online for store pickup, then check to see if they gave you the lower price when you go to pick it up. If they don't lower the price, you can always cancel the order and buy the other one.

Update: I just set up this vac and noticed something. The way this one is constructed, it does not accept the dust bags that most of these Ridgid vacs can use. It seems to be the design of the detachable blower that causes the difference. I like the blower, but being able to use the bags is important if you're sucking up fine dust, such as drywall sanding. I'm going to return this one for the other 12 Gal model, WD1273, which is on sale for the same price and does accept the bags.

I love the deep down meaning of their brand name. Definitely to attract the males.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014