• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link A Roni

Coupon code 27353065. Online or in store

Harbor Freight Tools
See Harbor Freight Tools promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Torque Wrench
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Much appreciated. The UPCs are a bit grainy, though.
You inspired me to go looking around for a more "digital" coupon, a... (more)

FeloniusMonkey (Mar. 14, 2013 @ 9:32a) |

I was able to buy two (1/4" and 3/8") in the same order by doing the following:
1. Add both to the shopping cart
2. Apply ... (more)

FeloniusMonkey (Mar. 14, 2013 @ 9:40a) |

These are $9.99 ALL THE TIME with coupons you can find on the internet.

jimmywalt (Mar. 22, 2013 @ 10:23a) |

3 versions, 3 ranges of torque:

1/4" drive: 20-200 inch-lbs
3/8" drive: 5-80 ft-lbs
1/2" drive: 20-150 ft-lbs
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is it cr@p?

I've had the 1/2" torque for several years now and works great. My neighbor even uses it on occasions without any problem...Good for the DIY'er but may not be for the professional using it daily..

only on 2nd cup of coffee
title looked like "tongue wrench", yikes

I've had mine for a couple years, it's never done me wrong. No broken or loose fasteners. I haven't checked its calibration against a brand-name torque wrench but it, an older cheap one from a different store, and my torque sticks are all consistent with each other. I did read an article or forum post from someone who checked it against a Snap-On or similar and found it properly accurate.

My only complaint applies just as easily to its more expensive competitors: 150 ft-lbs is a fine limit until you try to install hub bearings on a GM truck. Mechanics I've asked don't have anything higher either...I guess nobody wants to invest in the ones that go higher.

Is there a coupon for this? Will the store accept just the code?

I check mine against an old beam style Craftsman torque wrench. The Harbor Freight matches pretty well.

Have the HF 1/2". Had a BMW mechanic check it against his $300+ Snap-On that he has adjusted every so often, and at 95 ft-lbs on my HF it was 91 ft-lbs on his. At that level of torque a few pounds is not something to worry about since even the Snap-on is a plus/minus 4% tool, so it's entirely possible my HF was just as correct at 95 lbs as the Snap-On.

I have one works well, made in Taiwan f.y.i.

I have same question, never shopped at HF before. Will I be able to just quote the coupon code to them or do they require original print coupons? I guess another option might be show them a screenshot from online checkout showing the coupon code accepted and a final price of 9.99? Help appreciated, as I plan to visit the Richardson, TX store later this a.m.

9thMan said:   I have same question, never shopped at HF before. Will I be able to just quote the coupon code to them or do they require original print coupons? I guess another option might be show them a screenshot from online checkout showing the coupon code accepted and a final price of 9.99? Help appreciated, as I plan to visit the Richardson, TX store later this a.m.

How did it go? Wish they had a ship to store option.

I also have good experience with my HF torque wrench. Before I use it, I always "warm it up" by tightening then loosening the spring inside the wrench several times.

This is nothing new. It's been $9.99 with coupon for a long time.

I was pretty sure there'd be little to no chance of them accepting a bit of paper with a coupon code written on it, so didn't want to risk it.
Luckily I found the actual coupon in my Backpacker magazine(duh!) so I was good to go in any case.
I bought two, the 3/4 and the 1/2... the screwing mechanism on both of them is pretty tight and I can feel metal kind of scraping against metal when I adjust the thing... I'm guessing that's normal.
Kind of difficult to read the settings also... need a magnifying glass!

9thMan said:   I bought two, the 3/4 and the 1/2... the screwing mechanism on both of them is pretty tight and I can feel metal kind of scraping against metal when I adjust the thing... I'm guessing that's normal.
It sounds like you didn't loosen the little black screw sticking out of the end and just tried to turn the grippy silver handle.

alamedian said:   I also have good experience with my HF torque wrench. Before I use it, I always "warm it up" by tightening then loosening the spring inside the wrench several times.

That's a good idea. Also, make sure to store it with the spring loosened (set to lowest torque setting).

For those who want a printable coupon, they just put this up:
http://www.harborfreight.com/?
Also on that page is a coupon for the HD angle grinder for $18.99. I bought one recently to finish a job that my old generic angle grinder died on, it worked really well.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/20i6p7n.jpg

Here's the coupon if anyone needs it.

johnny98 said:   Is it cr@p?They're made in Taiwan, not China, but the chrome was kind of scratched up because the steel under it was scratched up.

MikeBuzzsaw said:   http://oi46.tinypic.com/20i6p7n.jpg

Here's the coupon if anyone needs it.

Much appreciated. The UPCs are a bit grainy, though.
You inspired me to go looking around for a more "digital" coupon, and I actually was able to find one HERE.

I was able to buy two (1/4" and 3/8") in the same order by doing the following:
1. Add both to the shopping cart
2. Apply coupon 14348206
3. Apply coupon 27353065

These are $9.99 ALL THE TIME with coupons you can find on the internet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014