• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Small Business
See Dell Small Business promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Quickbooks Pro 2013
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any ideas if we have to buy a new version every year? I already have quickbook pro 2012

Wallykid1 said:   Any ideas if we have to buy a new version every year? I already have quickbook pro 2012

We upgrade every three years - we are going from 2010 to 2013.

FYI, this is only 139.99 at Amazon.

Wallykid1 said:   Any ideas if we have to buy a new version every year? I already have quickbook pro 2012

No, you can keep using the old version. If you use QuickBooks for payroll, you will have to update eventually when they stop supporting the old version for payroll, though. Our accountant told us a few months ago that the payroll service only works for the current version and the previous 3 versions, but our payroll still seems to be working in QuickBooks Pro 2009.

intelligensys said:   FYI, this is only 139.99 at Amazon.

No, you can keep using the old version. If you use QuickBooks for payroll, you will have to update eventually when they stop supporting the old version for payroll, though. Our accountant told us a few months ago that the payroll service only works for the current version and the previous 3 versions, but our payroll still seems to be working in QuickBooks Pro 2009.

Similarly, if you use QuickBooks Merchant Services, they tend to remove support in versions three years older or more. 2010 is just coming up to have merchant service discontinued in May.

We use no external services (payroll / merchant services). Currently using QB 2006. Plan to upgrade whenever I migrate to a new computer. Before using QB 2006, was using QB 2001.

Newer versions typically don't offer much for a normal user that isn't doing all sorts of sales projections, graphs, etc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014