• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I own 12" and was looking for a 8" one. Tracked with camelcamelcamel looking for it to hit it's best price and it happended today.
You can use metal utensils with this series and it's works by far better then any non-sticks I've owned including $50+ ones. Cook Illustrated/ American test kitchen gave it their nod.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GWK2XW/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_d...

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

t-fal
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Another idea is to wait for this 8 inch to go on sale...

http://www.amazon.com/Anolon-Advanced-Anodized-Nonstick-8-Inch/d...

The handle is silicone not plastic. Very good review percentage.

JiggleTheHandle said:   Another idea is to wait for this 8 inch to go on sale...

http://www.amazon.com/Anolon-Advanced-Anodized-Nonstick-8-Inch/d...

The handle is silicone not plastic. Very good review percentage.

I think T-fal handle is also silicone according to the product decription:
-Ergonomic, stay-cool silicone handle; hanging hole for storage

I went with earth pan, and ceramic coated pans.

My earthpan ceramic was horrible I gave up

I have this pan since Dec. 2012 and loved it. Currently at Kohls for the same price. use CUPID30 for add'l 30% off with Kohls CC plus free shipping with LUV2BMVC code. Totl price b/4 taxes is $14.

Many people including myself, have had issues with non flat pans. read the reviews, mine is in there.... non stick is great, but hard to saute with any liquid fats as they all run to the perimeter....

shallot said:   I have this pan since Dec. 2012 and loved it. Currently at Kohls for the same price. use CUPID30 for add'l 30% off with Kohls CC plus free shipping with LUV2BMVC code. Totl price b/4 taxes is $14.

Big thanks to you, shallot. I was able to use a merch credit I've had hanging around for ages *and* save $6 vs. the Amazon price to boot. Gratzi!

Thanks OP. I got the 12.5" for $25.27 which is pretty much a recent low according to the camel.

Guess it has to be a conditional "+", but I, too, got the 12.5", figuring if we like it, we'll go ahead and get the 10-Piece Set for $94 (was $90 earlier today and as low as $74 for Gold Box a few months ago) and not end up with a duplicate pan. Gets you just over the $25 shipping threshold, too. Not sure how I'll get a matching lid for the 12.5", though.

Just a note of caution: Many reviewers are saying that while the nonstick surface on this pan is phenomenal, the curvature of the pan (it is slightly domed in the center) is very frustrating, as any liquid or oil put in the pan runs toward the side, leaving the middle always cooking dry.

I have a T-Fal 9" that I've used since 2006. Still looks brand new and yes I do use it everyday.

T-Fal > Anything else

ohhenry1 said:   Just a note of caution: Many reviewers are saying that while the nonstick surface on this pan is phenomenal, the curvature of the pan (it is slightly domed in the center) is very frustrating, as any liquid or oil put in the pan runs toward the side, leaving the middle always cooking dry.

Actually, I read it as some pans aren't flat, so check your pans when you get them. But they aren't very thick, so probably are vulnerable to change with heat cycling over time.

I just got a 12" and it is pretty flat. I checked when I got it. The pan is non-stick, but so are the cheap ones when they're new. We'll see how it works in a year.

dbphillips said:   ohhenry1 said:   Just a note of caution: Many reviewers are saying that while the nonstick surface on this pan is phenomenal, the curvature of the pan (it is slightly domed in the center) is very frustrating, as any liquid or oil put in the pan runs toward the side, leaving the middle always cooking dry.

Actually, I read it as some pans aren't flat, so check your pans when you get them. But they aren't very thick, so probably are vulnerable to change with heat cycling over time.

I am on my second one of these. It is simply amazing compared to other non-stick pans, which seem to begin losing their non-stick properties the first time you use them. If you can get 12-18 months out of a non-stick pan, you're doing pretty well. The T-Fal Professional lasted over 2 years (and quite frankly still performed better than some of its competitors when I replaced it).

I'm not sure if my pan is domed or not - I've never noticed it, but have problems anyway with my stove not being level (live in an apartment). I would definitely recommend this pan.

up in price now $4 but the 12" is on sale $1 more and 12 is $1 cheaper than 10"

10-Piece Set now at a non-holiday low of $82.89 with free shipping.

elight said:   I am on my second one of these. It is simply amazing compared to other non-stick pans, which seem to begin losing their non-stick properties the first time you use them. If you can get 12-18 months out of a non-stick pan, you're doing pretty well. The T-Fal Professional lasted over 2 years (and quite frankly still performed better than some of its competitors when I replaced it).

I'm not sure if my pan is domed or not - I've never noticed it, but have problems anyway with my stove not being level (live in an apartment). I would definitely recommend this pan.

Had a pair of calphalon.com pans that you get in the 2-packs, 8" and 10" for $50 total, and they were completely non-stick for 8 years and still very usable through at 11 years when I tossed them as the coating was just beginning to flake. If you don't get at least 5+ years of good non-stick results (assuming you're not cooking multiple times a day, every day) out of these T-Fal pans, this isn't actually a good deal.

My 10" version I just received from Kohl seems flat. I poured an ounce of water in the middle and it didn't all drift to the perimeter.

I bought this set: http://www.amazon.com/Circulon-Infinite-Anodized-Nonstick-Skille... for $45 on Amazon the other day (still back ordered, expected to ship soon). Can't decide whether I should cancel it and order these T-fals instead. Any thoughts?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.