• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
at my neighborhood OfficeMax, the price in b&m is $249.99. it should be the same price at other om b&m stores too across the usa.

sweet deal!

The Gateway NE Series Notebook exists to fulfill one goal: To be just what you need. This anyday, everywhere laptop is simple to use, letting you focus on your tasks at hand. And it delivers the time-tested technologies you desire even as it offers the kind of efficiencies you love.
Warranty
1 year parts/labor

Product Specs:
Installed Memory
4 GB
Processor Series
Pentium
Processor Brand
Intel
Operating System
Windows 8
Hard Drive Size
750 GB
Graphics Memory
Intel HD Graphics
Card Reader
Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
Screen Type
HD Widescreen Ultrabright LED-backlit LCD Display
Webcam
1.3 Megapixel
Audio
High-Definition Audio Support;Two Built-in Stereo Speakers;Built-in Digital Microphone
Dimensions
15.02 (W) x 9.96 (D) x 1.00/1.31 (H) inches
Wireless Compatibility
802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED
Processor Model
B960
Graphics Type
Integrated
Graphic Type
Integrated
Networking Compatibility
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
Energy Rating
ENERGY STAR qualified
External Ports
3 - USB 2.0 Ports; 1 - VGA Port; 1 - Headphone/Speaker/Line-Out Jack;1 - Ethernet (RJ-45) Port
Graphics Engine
Intel HD Graphics
Hard Drive Detail
750GB 5400RPM SATA
Energy Compliance
yes
Battery
6-cell Li-Ion (4400 mAh)
Optical Drive
8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
Optical Drive Detail
8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
Hard Drvive Detail
750GB 5400RPM SATA
Estimated Battery Life
Up to 4.5-hour
Screen Size
15.6"
Cache Size
2MB L3 Cache
Memory Type
DDR3 Dual-Channel
Chipset
Intel HM70
Installed Memory DIMMs
Processor Cache Size
2MB L3 Cache
Screen Resolution
1366x768
Battery Type
6-cell Li-Ion (4400 mAh)
Memory
DDR3 Dual-Channel
Weight
Networking Detail
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
Processor Speed
2.2GHz
Battery Life
Up to 4.5-hours

Member Summary

NE56R47u
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This was already being covered in another thread, but I will write my comment here. I bought one of these yesterday and returned it today. It is most likely a software issue, but after a few hours on the phone with gateway/acer support, my problem was not fixed. Basically my computer crashed over and over, and it forced rolling restarts, it would reach the welcome screen and then turn itself off and back on. Occasionally, like once every 3/4 hours, it reached the metro screen, but then the live tiles froze the screen after about 5 minutes. Mouse frozen, everything.

The tech support was very nice, but basically, they told me it was windows 8.... so, I took it back.

most likely your purchase had faulty memory...

Case in point why you do not buy Acer/gateway computers. Lack of knowledgeable tech support. It is easier to blame windows 8 or another product rather than troubleshoot and fix the problem. I loose memory card sounds like the issue. Most times these problems are in shipping.

right now the website says Your Price: $299.99

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014