• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ryanair allows one item of cabin baggage per passenger weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm for free. If you want to take more luggage with you, you have add 15 per person / per way to the total price. Make sure to book your checked baggage online, the fee at the airport will be much higher.

Examples (GBP)OW ex London Stansted:
NB Fares do not include optional fees/charges.
12.99Dusseldorf Weeze
12.99Maastricht
18.00Derry
19.99Cork
19.99Dublin
19.99Kerry
19.99Knock Ireland West
19.99Shannon
27.00Brno
27.00Budapest
27.00Bydgoszcz
27.00Gdansk
27.00Katowice
27.00Lodz
27.00Lublin
27.00Poznan
27.00Warsaw Chopin NEW
27.00Warsaw Modlin
27.00Wroclaw
28.00Aarhus
28.00Alghero
28.00Ancona
28.00Baden-Baden
28.00Bergerac
28.00Biarritz
28.00Billund
28.00Bologna
28.00Bremen
28.00Carcassonne
28.00Dinard
28.00Dole NEW
28.00Eindhoven
28.00Frankfurt Hahn
28.00Genoa
28.00Gothenburg City
28.00Grenoble
28.00Haugesund
28.00Klagenfurt
28.00Krakow
28.00La Rochelle
28.00Leipzig
28.00Limoges
28.00Lourdes
28.00Malmo
28.00Marseille
28.00Memmingen
28.00Milan Bergamo
28.00Nuremberg NEW
28.00Oslo Rygge
28.00Oslo Torp
28.00Parma
28.00Perpignan NEW
28.00Perugia
28.00Pescara
28.00Pisa
28.00Poitiers
28.00Pula NEW
28.00Rodez
28.00Rome Ciampino
28.00Rzeszow
28.00Salzburg
28.00Stockholm Skavsta
28.00Stockholm Vasteras
28.00Strasbourg NEW
28.00Szczecin
28.00Toulon
28.00Tours
28.00Trieste
28.00Turin
28.00Venice Treviso
30.00Alicante
30.00Almeria
30.00Barcelona El Prat
30.00Bari
30.00Berlin Schonefeld
30.00Bratislava
30.00Brindisi
30.00Faro
30.00Girona Barcelona NEW
30.00Ibiza NEW
30.00Lamezia
30.00Linz
30.00Madrid
30.00Malaga
30.00Murcia
30.00Palermo
30.00Palma
30.00Porto
30.00Reus Barcelona
30.00Santander
30.00Santiago
30.00Tallinn NEW
30.00Valencia
30.00Vilnius
30.00Zadar NEW
30.00Zaragoza
37.00Kaunas
37.00Tampere
39.00Riga
40.00Corfu
40.00Kefalonia NEW
40.00Kos NEW
42.00Malta
42.00Ostrava NEW
45.00Jerez NEW
45.00Plovdiv
45.00Seville
45.00Valladolid
47.00Chania NEW
47.00Gran Canaria
47.00Marrakesh
47.00Paphos
47.00Thessaloniki
48.00Fez NEW
55.00Fuerteventura
55.00Lanzarote
55.00Tenerife Sth
65.00Rhodes NEW

http://www.ryanair.com/en

Member Summary

ryanair (46.76kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Biggest ripoff airline EVER (yes, I've flown them...and others). Watch out for all the fees they tack on (baggage at airport is just one of them). This is the same airline that considered (then denied ever considering) charging people to use the toilets on the plane!! Fares are low but add-ons increase the cost of this cattle car airline.

Isn't this the airline that got caught using duct tape?

Why on earth do people rush the gates when its clear they can just rush a window mid-flight?

In so many ways, they FAIL miserably.

In this case, you get what you pay for.


bugsie said:   Biggest ripoff airline EVER (yes, I've flown them...and others). Watch out for all the fees they tack on (baggage at airport is just one of them).
Bugsie, here's our US airlines http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/blog/3801089/airline-baggage-fees... .

A few years ago most world airlines were losing money, while Ryanair was making a profit. Most of the other airlines are now following Ryanair's lead, nickel and dime-ing you to death, but hey... that's capitalism, which is OK with me. US airlines are now charging for many things that we Americans considered came free with the ticket.

Most airlines now charge checked baggage fees. Two of them also charge hefty fees for carry-ons: check out Spirit airlines, carry-on bags are a $35 fee when booked in advance and $40 if booked during check-in (how many people learn this at the airport?). Allegiant airlines, the fee for a carry-on bag ranges from $10 to $35 if booked in advance, and will be $35 to $75 if purchased at the airport (per their website).

I think Ryanair is fantastic! They've saved me thousands of dollars over the last ten years I've flown with them. They do have certain rules and they expect you to comply with those rules. But learn the rules, play by them, and you can fly all over Europe with minimal expense. I've flown with them from Scotland, England, Germany, Spain, and Austria. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Learn their rules and enjoy Europe cheaply... I have.

shoppin658 said:   bugsie said:   Biggest ripoff airline EVER (yes, I've flown them...and others). Watch out for all the fees they tack on (baggage at airport is just one of them).
Bugsie, here's our US airlines http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/blog/3801089/airline-baggage-fees... .

A few years ago most world airlines were losing money, while Ryanair was making a profit. Most of the other airlines are now following Ryanair's lead, nickel and dime-ing you to death, but hey... that's capitalism, which is OK with me. US airlines are now charging for many things that we Americans considered came free with the ticket.

Most airlines now charge checked baggage fees. Two of them also charge hefty fees for carry-ons: check out Spirit airlines, carry-on bags are a $35 fee when booked in advance and $40 if booked during check-in (how many people learn this at the airport?). Allegiant airlines, the fee for a carry-on bag ranges from $10 to $35 if booked in advance, and will be $35 to $75 if purchased at the airport (per their website).

I think Ryanair is fantastic! They've saved me thousands of dollars over the last ten years I've flown with them. They do have certain rules and they expect you to comply with those rules. But learn the rules, play by them, and you can fly all over Europe with minimal expense. I've flown with them from Scotland, England, Germany, Spain, and Austria. I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

Learn their rules and enjoy Europe cheaply... I have.


Oh I very much understand "the rules" of air travel and I've flown all over the world on various airlines. Simply stated I've NEVER seen ANYTHING like the false advertising and charges that came from RyanAir. Sure, you may have had a good experience (I might add my flight was great...just not anywhere near the price that was advertised). I believe RyanAir were the impetus for US airlines nickel and diming us here too but these guys have it down to a science. Capitalism is one thing but these guys are outright liars and small print thieves.

I've not seen too many people do this type of stuff for the US based Airlines :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3so6AJe4UQ

and there's even an Irish operetta which I noticed has recently added a couple of other Airline names (probably under threat of lawsuit from RyanAir) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9VcCzMSqg

I prefer to do business with companies with lots of GOTCHA fees. All of those fees are easily avoided, if you educate yourself. Most people don't, complaining instead. It's like a tax on lazy/stupid people that helps subsidize airfare for the educated.

Bizatch said:   I prefer to do business with companies with lots of GOTCHA fees. All of those fees are easily avoided, if you educate yourself. Most people don't, complaining instead. It's like a tax on lazy/stupid people that helps subsidize airfare for the educated.

Yeah, well good luck with RyanAir. "Educating yourself" on THIER add ons requires the equvalent of a Masters Degree and the time involved negates most if not all possible "savings". I prefer companies who are up-front about costs so I can decide among them honestly and without all the extra hassle. Stupid/lazy? Not hardly...just want everyone to participate on the same level playing field. Putting "gotcha" fees into the equation simply takes a company out of the game as being dishonest. Let's face it, if they're going to be "clever" about their fee structure what makes you think they're not being "clever" with their safety inspection and mechanical paperwork?

shoppin658 said:   Two of them also charge hefty fees for carry-ons: check out Spirit airlines, carry-on bags are a $35 fee when booked in advance and $40 if booked during check-in (how many people learn this at the airport?)

Without question, Spirit is the US equivalent of Ryanair - nickel-and-diming charges, dumb PR stunts, the whole nine yards. Haven't flown Ryanair, but I've flown Spirit.

If you're a young adventurer on a budget, and you follow their rules TO THE LETTER (to the point of tracking down the hidden pitfalls online), you can get a decent deal. If that does not describe you exactly, I'd advise against these airlines.

Just for fun I wanted to see what round trip airfare would
cost me this Spring on Ryanair (following copy/pasted from their website for my booking):

Flight
Going Out17/04/2013 06:30
Frankfurt-Hahn London-Stansted
Fare: 12.00 EUR
Administration Fee: 6.00 EUR
Taxes/Fees: 0.00 EUR
Total Price: 18.00 EUR
Coming Back24/04/2013 07:20
London-Stansted Frankfurt-Hahn
Fare: 12.00 EUR
Administration Fee: 6.00 EUR
Taxes/Fees: 0.00 EUR
Total Price: 18.00 EUR
Total Price
Total Price 36.00 EUR
Discount Pay by debit card: 36.00 EUR
Pay by credit card: 36.72 EUR

Round-trip Germany/England for 36 euro ($84.22). I'll stay with Ryanair

should be $48.22... sorry

bugsie said:   Bizatch said:   I prefer to do business with companies with lots of GOTCHA fees. All of those fees are easily avoided, if you educate yourself. Most people don't, complaining instead. It's like a tax on lazy/stupid people that helps subsidize airfare for the educated.

Yeah, well good luck with RyanAir. "Educating yourself" on THIER add ons requires the equvalent of a Masters Degree and the time involved negates most if not all possible "savings". I prefer companies who are up-front about costs so I can decide among them honestly and without all the extra hassle. Stupid/lazy? Not hardly...just want everyone to participate on the same level playing field. Putting "gotcha" fees into the equation simply takes a company out of the game as being dishonest. Let's face it, if they're going to be "clever" about their fee structure what makes you think they're not being "clever" with their safety inspection and mechanical paperwork?


I must be a real brainiac, or have too much time on my hands. I've found Ryanair's fee structure easily understandable, and avoidable.

A 30 minute plane ride, for half the price of a 8 hour bus ride.

I'll stick with the big evil Ryanair.

I have used them and love them. If you are one of the guy who like to go on Priceline or similar website and see all pricing at once, then they are not for you. But, there rules are quite simple and quite easily explained during ticket purchasing process.

Ryanair are cheap, make sure to read the fine print or you'll be surprised at the fees they can charge.

For example, you must print your own boarding pass otherwise they'll charge you. They're fine for short flights, but on long flights the seats are really really cramped. On busy flights getting on the plane can be like the rush to get on a school bus, there's no preferred boarding and people can be quite nasty in their efforts to get a good seat.

Also, make sure the airport your flying to is actually close to the city your think your going to, a lot of the airports they fly to are smaller local airports which sometimes have few transport options and the cost of a bus to the nearest big city can be more that the plane ticket!

gujugirl said:   I have used them and love them. If you are one of the guy who like to go on Priceline or similar website and see all pricing at once, then they are not for you. But, there rules are quite simple and quite easily explained during ticket purchasing process.
It seems that a lot of people don't read or do their research and are then surprised at the fees. Ryanair are grand, but people have to remember is that they don't provide any services and they will charge for anything they can. I'd be wary of flying with them if I have to get a connecting flight. Ryanair class themselves as a "point-to-point" airline, and won't reimburse you if you miss a connecting flight, it's in the rules!



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014