• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I'm going with Comcast Business for internet connectivity. Unfortunately they have a very slim selection of Cable Modems that they will support. I went ahead and found the best modem on the list was the Motorola SURFboard® SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.

Browsed online, cheapest price was $80ish. Went to Target on Pacific Commons Blvd in Fremont,CA and found it for $69.99 + Tax. Better than anything I can find online. A Big YMMV, since this deal does not appear online, but a pretty solid deal if you're in the market.

Member Summary

Motorola SB6121 (8.98kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

It can be had at Amazondotcom 3rd party for $70. It often drops to $65.
Camel linky (don't forget to to turn on blue 3rd party)

Is it locked or unlocked?

Thanks.

Comcast business used to give out free DOCSIS 3.0 modems if you had a pre-3.0. No more I guess.

This info might be helpful for stock tracking.
Online Item #: 14325892
Store Item Number (DPCI): 080-00-0667

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   Comcast business used to give out free DOCSIS 3.0 modems if you had a pre-3.0. No more I guess.

Comcast is happy to give you a modem. but they'll charge you $7 / month in equipment fees. I'd rather pay for the modem outright and come out ahead in ~10-11 months

ma678 said:   Is it locked or unlocked?

Thanks.

It's not comcast branded nor is it tied to comcast. So I'm assuming it's unlocked?

suppin said:   HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   Comcast business used to give out free DOCSIS 3.0 modems if you had a pre-3.0. No more I guess.

Comcast is happy to give you a modem. but they'll charge you $7 / month in equipment fees. I'd rather pay for the modem outright and come out ahead in ~10-11 months

Comcast business didn't even used to have a way to bill you for equipment rental. They still don't list a way on their website. Like I said, they just gave out modems. Maybe this has changed.

I ranted once... let the rant revive

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1200737/

please read the disclaimer in the first sentence, and don't read the post if it doesn't apply to you.

DCrombie said:   This info might be helpful for stock tracking.
Online Item #: 14325892
Store Item Number (DPCI): 080-00-0667

Thanks. It is threaded in the at home cable television outlet and Internet devices, which are connected by a cable TV network and was in the other end of cable television (known as head-end: Head-End).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014