• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother QL-700 Label Printer $40- shipped at Staples....If you have an old labeler to trade in you get an extra $10- off.

Link

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

QL-700 (10.69kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Probably a good stuff in a way but not good enough to print shipping labels

Just got mine. Seems pretty good for shipping labels.

Not for those that printed for usps on eBay. This printer is not wide enough.

If you use the continuous tape (DK-2205) you can select the width.

Do they sell laminated or thermal tape for this printer ? Thanks

john99 said:   If you use the continuous tape (DK-2205) you can select the width.

Can you print standard 8.5x11 shipping label.As for example this one. Do not pay attention that on picture there are 2 per page. Can you just check if this printer can print one label of this size ?

Stas1976 said: Can you print standard 8.5x11 shipping label.As for example this one. Do not pay attention that on picture there are 2 per page. Can you just check if this printer can print one label of this size ?
No. 8.5x11 is standard letter size printer paper. You would use a traditional printer for that. The QL-700 tape DK-2205 is a roll that is 2.4 in. by 100 feet. You can print either portrait or landscape so either the length or width is 2.4 max and the other dimension can be as long or wide as you want.

phdo said:   Do they sell laminated or thermal tape for this printer ? Thanks
Here are links for the labels available for the QL-700.
Staples
P-Touch Direct

john99 said:   Stas1976 said: Can you print standard 8.5x11 shipping label.As for example this one. Do not pay attention that on picture there are 2 per page. Can you just check if this printer can print one label of this size ?
No. 8.5x11 is standard letter size printer paper. You would use a traditional printer for that. The QL-700 tape DK-2205 is a roll that is 2.4 in. by 100 feet. You can print either portrait or landscape so either the length or width is 2.4 max and the other dimension can be as long or wide as you want.


You are right 8x5 is for the entire sheet. Each label dimensions are 7.5" x 4.75". Still I guess this is more than this printer can make. For selling stuff on eBay above size is the only format eBay allows to print. I wish I can buy this printer. Price is really good but not gonna work for packages.

I love it (have the predecessors) for envelope labels. For USPS 1/2 page labels I just use AVERY 5126 and choose not to print the receipt. This works for envelop/type packages quite well but for boxed I use Avery.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014