• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples has Samsung Series 3 17.3" Laptop for $700 - $100 w/ code "37596" = $600 with free shipping.

Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, 17.3" 1600 x 900, Intel HD 4000
8GB/1TB/DVDRW, HDMI, WebCam, USB 3.0, Windows 8

http://www.staples.com/Samsung-Series-3-NP350E7C-A01US-173-Lapto...

(courtesy dealsea)

Toshiba S855-S5378 15.6" Laptop is also $600 now

rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost Technology 6M Cache Processor;
8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory, Expandable to 16GB
750GB 5400RPM Serial ATA Hard Disk

http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-S855-S5378-156-Laptop/product_984...

I am not sure if any other coupons can be stacked with these laptop coupons. You can try $75 coupon for in store purchase http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBRJRKqB7SHGCB8w97GCYVhgTrZ/...


You can also get CashBack from fatwallet or others to save more. I got more than $30 CashBack for it from topcashback

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Toshiba S855-S5378 (186.07kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Depends on how far away you sit. At TV distances, maybe not. Absolutely when you're only sitting 2 feet away, not to men... (more)

see3po (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 3:24p) |

How do you reserve in store and apply the 100 off coupon code 37596?

chidlebaugh (Feb. 21, 2013 @ 4:45p) |

Hi I've been trying to buy the 17" on Staples.com but I can't add the $100 off coupon. When i click on add coupon an er... (more)

bcuerva (Feb. 22, 2013 @ 11:18p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks OP! - Green for you!

Been looking for a inexpensive 17" screen laptop for my daughter. The Samsung fits the bill perfectly.
@$600 this will last at least 3+ more years for what she uses it for.




DO WE GET CashBack FOR THIS??

In for 2 of the 17" laptops. Thanks!

I'm really looking at buying a new laptop very soon and this Samsung deal seems really good. My question is this.

What's a better deal. That Samsung for $600 or the new 17 inch from Dell that's on sale for $450. http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=fndnd25s&m...

Do I need an i7, nope. Do I need 1TB of hard drive, nope. I DO however like the 8gb of ram. That saves what, $40ish buying 4gb more either now or in a year. All I want is to fly fast on the internet from page to page. Zero buffering on youtube (is that more internet speed than processor?) Zero buffering on Netflix (same as last question). That's about it. No huge games, no video editing, no photo editing.

So my question is: Is $150 worth an i7 and 500gb of hard drive space I won't ever use? Personal decision I guess but would love thoughts. Especially on a Samsung laptop. I know they make good tv's but know zero about their computers.

Thanks for reading and I'd appreciate any comments!

I can't answer your question but can ask another to help you answer your own; have you ever purchased a car with the base engine and been completely happy throughout the life of the car? Buying something with a "safety factor" is always a good idea

Edit: So tempting...but is it worth the $300 or so that I'll lose to sell my overclocked A6-3400M?...

swarups said:   Staples has Samsung Series 3 17.3" Laptop for $700 - $100 w/ code "37596" = $600 with free shipping.

Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz, 17.3" 1600 x 900, Intel HD 4000
8GB/1TB/DVDRW, HDMI, WebCam, USB 3.0, Windows 8

http://www.staples.com/Toshiba-S855-S5378-156-Laptop/product_984...

(courtesy dealsea)

Toshiba S855-S5378 15.6" Laptop is also $600 now

rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost Technology 6M Cache Processor;
8GB DDR3 1600MHz Memory, Expandable to 16GB
750GB 5400RPM Serial ATA Hard Disk

http://www.staples.com/Samsung-Series-3-NP350E7C-A01US-173-Lapto...

I am not sure if any other coupons can be stacked with these laptop coupons.
Nice find - but you need to swap the links. The Toshiba is listed first and the Samsung is at the bottom of the page.

Dano

while these are good everyday laptops PLEASE do not think these are for games!

OK, Thanks for informing me. I corrected the links

Can you stack an in-store coupon on top to make it a sweeter deal?

tdc7 said:   I can't answer your question but can ask another to help you answer your own; have you ever purchased a car with the base engine and been completely happy throughout the life of the car? Buying something with a "safety factor" is always a good idea

Edit: So tempting...but is it worth the $300 or so that I'll lose to sell my overclocked A6-3400M?...

The answer is NO.

camar0 said:   while these are good everyday laptops PLEASE do not think these are for games!
Why would you need an I7 in a everyday laptop? You can get a pretty good everyday laptop for about $300-$400.
I agree though for good serious gaming experience(high resolution with good fps) a good dedicated GPU is a must.
You will not get playable fps in high settings with HD4000.

bigdaddy007 said:   Can you stack an in-store coupon on top to make it a sweeter deal?

Which coupon do you have? I think you can't get CashBack in store, but you can get more than $30 CashBack online. So it will depend upon your coupon.

They will hit you with tax though... its what sucks about Staples online deals. So add about $50+ to whatever "deal" you think you're getting.

I was trying to use a $75 on store coupon but there are no stores close to me that have the Samsung laptop.

bigdaddy007 said:   I was trying to use a $75 on store coupon but there are no stores close to me that have the Samsung laptop.

OK. Where did you get this coupon? Is this a general coupon which anyone can use or is this personalized coupon?

Coupon Code: 99842. Got it in the mail, also posted on SD

bigdaddy007 said:   Coupon Code: 99842. Got it in the mail, also posted on SD

OK, thanks. Though I am not sure if they will combine this with this offer. Let us know, if any of you succeed

can this coupon code can be used in store???
thanks

djebaad said:   can this coupon code can be used in store???
thanks


You can try using this coupon. http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBRJRKqB7SHGCB8w97GCYVhgTrZ/...

Thank you OP. Got one. Good find with all the coupons!
$560.43 with the tax OTD.
Advantages: cost, i7, 1TB, 17' display.
My concerns are: lack of touch screen (disadvantage when using Metro), lack of ssd or combo drive, weight and short battery life. Still do not know if the price is low enough for the unit that is border-line obsolete because of these.
What is the forum consensus? I have to decide if I will keep it without buyer's remorse in the nearest future. ???

fighter said:   Thank you OP. Got one. Good find with all the coupons!
$560.43 with the tax OTD.
Advantages: cost, i7, 1TB, 17' display.
My concerns are: lack of touch screen (disadvantage when using Metro), lack of ssd or combo drive, weight and short battery life. Still do not know if the price is low enough for the unit that is border-line obsolete because of these.
What is the forum consensus? I have to decide if I will keep it without buyer's remorse in the nearest future. ???


How did you get $560.43? Which coupons did you use?

Awesome deal, green for you OP. But booooo on the 1600x900 resolution of the Samsung 17.3"... not even 1080p!

fuqiang said:   fighter said:   Thank you OP. Got one. Good find with all the coupons!
$560.43 with the tax OTD.
Advantages: cost, i7, 1TB, 17' display.
My concerns are: lack of touch screen (disadvantage when using Metro), lack of ssd or combo drive, weight and short battery life. Still do not know if the price is low enough for the unit that is border-line obsolete because of these.
What is the forum consensus? I have to decide if I will keep it without buyer's remorse in the nearest future. ???


How did you get $560.43? Which coupons did you use?


I guess $75 coupon for in store purchase.

thank you, i went to my local Staples and the Samsung was way too big and way to cheaply made. the mouse area and keyboard was all plastic. so i went ahead got the Toshiba instead with the $75.00 coupon. good laptop, only problem is space bar is a little small. everything else is good from upgrading from the HP dv6. thanks

fighter said:   Thank you OP. Got one. Good find with all the coupons!
$560.43 with the tax OTD.
Advantages: cost, i7, 1TB, 17' display.
My concerns are: lack of touch screen (disadvantage when using Metro), lack of ssd or combo drive, weight and short battery life. Still do not know if the price is low enough for the unit that is border-line obsolete because of these.
What is the forum consensus? I have to decide if I will keep it without buyer's remorse in the nearest future. ???


you paid $560 for a laptop.... touch screen is not gonna happen, ssd either... u get what you pay for

Mulox said:   Awesome deal, green for you OP. But booooo on the 1600x900 resolution of the Samsung 17.3"... not even 1080p!

$560 laptop will not have a 1920x1080 screen...... even HP charges $150 more for this option on customizable laptops...

i decided to go the cheaper way at first with the 1600x900 screen... hated it considering all computers i use are 1920x1080.... so returned and got diff laptop....

View said:   camar0 said:   while these are good everyday laptops PLEASE do not think these are for games!
Why would you need an I7 in a everyday laptop? You can get a pretty good everyday laptop for about $300-$400.
I agree though for good serious gaming experience(high resolution with good fps) a good dedicated GPU is a must.
You will not get playable fps in high settings with HD4000.


Better ROI. I will not need to buy a new system for at least 3+ years. For some....everyday laptops need to do a little more than word processing, email, and surfing the net.

fighter said:   Thank you OP. Got one. Good find with all the coupons!
$560.43 with the tax OTD.
Advantages: cost, i7, 1TB, 17' display.
My concerns are: lack of touch screen (disadvantage when using Metro), lack of ssd or combo drive, weight and short battery life. Still do not know if the price is low enough for the unit that is border-line obsolete because of these.
What is the forum consensus? I have to decide if I will keep it without buyer's remorse in the nearest future. ???


I look at it as a desktop replacement and not so much as a "laptop" in the traditional sense of taking it everywhere. I mean sure you can pack it up
occasionally, however this is not a backpack system.

This is a very good system for a school age child.

I7 with 1080P = ~$800.

Can human eyes notice $150 difference between 1080P and 720P on a laptop screen? From what I've read on the internet, screen has to be bigger than 32 inches in order to see a slight difference these two resolutions.

docjoo said:   Can human eyes notice $150 difference between 1080P and 720P on a laptop screen? From what I've read on the internet, screen has to be bigger than 32 inches in order to see a slight difference these two resolutions.

I believe he is talking about screen resolution 1920x1080.... yes it is a difference than 1600x900

Depends on how far away you sit. At TV distances, maybe not. Absolutely when you're only sitting 2 feet away, not to mention the density of "stuff" you can fit on the screen.

docjoo said:   Can human eyes notice $150 difference between 1080P and 720P on a laptop screen? From what I've read on the internet, screen has to be bigger than 32 inches in order to see a slight difference these two resolutions.

How do you reserve in store and apply the 100 off coupon code 37596?

Hi I've been trying to buy the 17" on Staples.com but I can't add the $100 off coupon. When i click on add coupon an error appears. It says 404 Not Found

The requested URL /sbd/content/about/media/international.html was not found on this server

I'm not in the USA right now but my delivery address and billing address are in the USA. Could this be an IP address restriction?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014