• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I have been looking for the best deal on the best wireless router. I came across this deal on Newegg that works out well for me.

The Asus RT-N66U seems to be rated the best router out there right now. It does not have the new wireless 802.11ac standard or USB 3.0 but neither is a criteria for me.

Get the RT-N66U and a 500GB portable external USB 3.0 hard drive for $169.99 shipped. The drive is added in your cart once you add the router.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320091

I'm actually taking back a Linksys AC4500 that I just setup for this deal.

Don't forget 1% CashBack for Newegg

Member Summary

Asus RT-N66U
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

To clarify - this is a 500GB WD USB3.0 external drive - not just a bare drive. HOT deal for a smoking router!

scoobydooby said:   To clarify - this is a 500GB WD USB3.0 external drive - not just a bare drive. HOT deal for a smoking router!

Thanks, updated my OP to reflect this detail.

i thought it's the RT-AC66U that is the best of the best wireless router.

SteelRing said:   i thought it's the RT-AC66U that is the best of the best wireless router.

I think so if you are looking for 802.11ac I decided to skip 802.11ac until it's final (currently draft).

factory said:   SteelRing said:   i thought it's the RT-AC66U that is the best of the best wireless router.

I think so if you are looking for 802.11ac I decided to skip 802.11ac until it's final (currently draft).
Good luck. Look at the number of draft-N routers that are still on the market. You may to have to wait a while to find a router with an AC final spec.

OK... bait taken.... but this was posted in SD 5 days ago.... what the hell is wrong with FW these days.

Dead? The drive wasn't added to my cart.

Yes dead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014