speedpass 10c saving per gallon

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Speedpass customers can save 10˘ per gallon!*
Right now, you can sign up to save 10˘ per gallon for 60 days when you use your Speedpass device on fuel purchases at participating Exxon and Mobil stations.

Register for this special customer appreciation offer online.
Simply visit Speedpass.com/save to register your Speedpass device between 2/1/13 and 4/30/13 and start saving.

Member Summary

speedpass
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That depends on the specific station and/or location. I've never had to enter my zip when using my Speedpass.

yoregano (Apr. 24, 2013 @ 2:31p) |

Just in case anyone has not heard of it and does not keep a cc balance each month, the PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa... (more)

Smellbad (Apr. 24, 2013 @ 4:00p) |

I just got a Speedpass...have you tried to use it in conjunction with safeway's gas rewards? Does it work?

GWSi (Jul. 05, 2013 @ 12:38a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

GreatB said:   Speedpass customers can save 10˘ per gallon!*
Right now, you can sign up to save 10˘ per gallon for 60 days when you use your Speedpass device on fuel purchases at participating Exxon and Mobil stations.

Simply visit Speedpass.com/save to register your Speedpass device between 2/1/13 and 4/30/13 and start saving.

10c < 3% < 5% per many cards, not worth the time to setup and track ... is it?

invisible said:   GreatB said:   Speedpass customers can save 10˘ per gallon!*

10c < 3% < 5% per many cards, not worth the time to setup and track ... is it?

The Speedpass is just a convenience, you still link a credit card to it. There isn't anything you have to track if you don't want to since the billing just goes to your credit card. It's a no-brainer for me.

I am curious to see if this discount will combine with the safeway discount (earned by shopping at safeway chain grocery stores).

invisible said:   10c < 3% < 5% per many cards, not worth the time to setup and track ... is it?
Huh? It *stacks* with those rebates...

How do you make a Speedpass work? If you just "pass" something with it, what keeps the system from reading another nearby Speedpass by mistake? Do you ever have to deal with read errors, like when you swipe a credit card and it says to swipe it again because of a card read error?

9000 said:   How do you make a Speedpass work?
I think it uses RFID, but I'm not sure. You have to hold/swipe it close, right next to the scanner for the info to be recognized. There's no way the it's going to pick up random account info. The scanner lights up when it recognizes your Speedpass—it either works or it doesn't.

I think you have to be a couple of inches away from the sensor

HotSalami said:   invisible said:   10c < 3% < 5% per many cards, not worth the time to setup and track ... is it?
Huh? It *stacks* with those rebates...

ok thanks, forgot how that stacked when they had 15 cents year before

My local exxon station will give me a cheaper cash price if I use my debit card. Does anyone here know how these speedpasses get processed? If I link my debit card to the speed pass will the pump recognize that I'm paying with debit, or does the transaction get charged to speedpass, and then speedpass charges my debit account? I could get some serious savings this way if it works

Call speedpass and ask.

sweet, ten cents off a gallon plus double cc points for gas....thanks!

The 10 cent discount only applies to the first 100 gallons, but $10 is $10. nice find.

Jan-Mar. Chase Freedom...5% gas Cash Back
April to June ...BOA or other 3% gas Cash Back cards...etc. American Express(costco)
July to Sept. Chase Freedom...5% gas Cash Back
Oct to Dec. BOA or other 3% gas back cards...etc. American Express(costco)
speedpass .10 cents off per gallon.. how many % off for $4.00 per gallon today.

the speedpass website looks like a scam site with its bad graphics....

GTO said:   Jan-Mar. Chase Freedom...5% gas Cash Back
April to June ...BOA or other 3% gas Cash Back cards...etc. American Express(costco)
you're using too many cards just for gas

Ive done simular speedpass promos in the past , so Iam in on this one too . The only problem is sometimes finding a pump where the speedpass little icon actually works !!!

Thx OP!

15c used to be worth it. current 10c, considering Exxon is mostly higher priced to begin with...meh

The worst for me is 100gal cut-off, I drive multipassenger 55gal-tank NY-FL-NY every school break. Really searching for better discount along I-95 March 22, then Apr.7 return

GTO said:   Jan-Mar. Chase Freedom...5% gas Cash Back

Or buy gas GC's at drugstores before March (Freedom and Citi offering 5% right now), and get 5% off gas throughout the year.

Thanks!

still more expensive that Costco

i logged into my account, i dont see anything about the promo

lynxis said:   still more expensive that Costco
You forgot to say "YMMV." In my suburb of Chicago, Costco has the exact same gas price as all the other stations in town. Not even a single penny cheaper. Years ago, they were always cheaper, but in recent years, once gas became regularly $3.25+ per gallon, something changed. I'd be very curious where you find Costco gas for more than 10˘ per gallon less than the competition.

Costco's only price advantage for me is on days when gas prices suddenly rise at other stations, Costco holds out until the end of the day or sometimes the next day before changing.

With gas promos like this and discounts earned from grocery stores, Costco gets far less gas business from me than they used to.

It looks like you should be able to link your debit card. In the SpeedPass site, in the area where you enter the card information, the following statement is shown: "If you entered a debit card above, you hereby certify by submitting this form that you have the consent of all owners of the associated bank account to link the card to your Speedpass device."

kinsuns said:   It looks like you should be able to link your debit card.
How else did you think this worked? I already said as much earlier in the thread. Speedpass is a convenience, but it is not a credit/payment account on its own.

You shouldn't be giving me red because someone carelessly/lazily posts something that was already answered or responded to. Not sure what your beef is, MothersNghtmare and TommyTuTone, but you really look like jerks when you do this.

yoregano said:   lynxis said:   still more expensive that Costco
You forgot to say "YMMV." In my suburb of Chicago, Costco has the exact same gas price as all the other stations in town. Not even a single penny cheaper. Years ago, they were always cheaper, but in recent years, once gas became regularly $3.25+ per gallon, something changed. I'd be very curious where you find Costco gas for more than 10˘ per gallon less than the competition.

Costco's only price advantage for me is on days when gas prices suddenly rise at other stations, Costco holds out until the end of the day or sometimes the next day before changing.

With gas promos like this and discounts earned from grocery stores, Costco gets far less gas business from me than they used to.
Some State-laws require that club gas stations be available to non-members. In such States, the price difference tends to be minimal, if at all. NJ has such a law. Perhaps IL does as well.

In NY, the price difference can be upwards of 15c/gal.

aarzi said:   yoregano said:   lynxis said:   still more expensive that Costco

Some State-laws require that club gas stations be available to non-members. In such States, the price difference tends to be minimal, if at all. NJ has such a law. Perhaps IL does as well.

In NY, the price difference can be upwards of 15c/gal.

Interesting. No, no such law in IL. Membership is required. IL is expensive for gas prices, in the top five of the nation and sometimes leading the way.

Like I said, years ago Costco was cheaper for gas, but that stopped in the last few years. I'm going to have to do some research sometime and find out why.

In Maryland our lousy lawmakers require Costco and Sam's Club to not discount too much, because of complaints from the gas stations. Don't move to Maryland unless you want the government controlling and taxing everything.

PSU2Fan said:   My local exxon station will give me a cheaper cash price if I use my debit card. Does anyone here know how these speedpasses get processed? If I link my debit card to the speed pass will the pump recognize that I'm paying with debit, or does the transaction get charged to speedpass, and then speedpass charges my debit account? I could get some serious savings this way if it works
Got 10˘-off @ the pump with Speedpass.
Could tell if that's for cash discount or the 10˘-Speedpass promo.

I've stocked up on a number of gift cards from various stations bought during the chase promotion period(s). So it is in essence like getting 5% year round.

MrTweaker said:   In Maryland our lousy lawmakers require Costco and Sam's Club to not discount too much, because of complaints from the gas stations. Don't move to Maryland unless you want the government controlling and taxing everything.

So there is a state that doesn't?

When are you guys seeing the discount applied?

stanolshefski said:   When are you guys seeing the discount applied?
After you have met the requirement (purchased 100 gallons), a $10 credit will show up on the payment source linked to your Speedpass.

IT ONLY WORKS WITHIN A FEW FEET OF THE PUMP, SO IT WON'T AFFECT OTHER PUMPS NEARBY.

Gpz1100 said:   I've stocked up on a number of gift cards from various stations bought during the chase promotion period(s). So it is in essence like getting 5% year round.No it's not. If you are blocking your money for a year for 5% savings, you are losing.

aarzi said:   Gpz1100 said:   I've stocked up on a number of gift cards from various stations bought during the chase promotion period(s). So it is in essence like getting 5% year round.No it's not. If you are blocking your money for a year for 5% savings, you are losing.

Yeah with banks paying 8-9% return these days, oh wait.....

when you use a speedpass you still need to type your zip code, Offer extended till 6/30/13

lyubomirb said:   when you use a speedpass you still need to type your zip code
That depends on the specific station and/or location. I've never had to enter my zip when using my Speedpass.

Just in case anyone has not heard of it and does not keep a cc balance each month, the PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards Visa Card gives 5% Cash Back on gas all year long and is unlimited.

I just got a Speedpass...have you tried to use it in conjunction with safeway's gas rewards? Does it work?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014