• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hope this helps someone as I just found Best Deal Magazines has Family Handyman on special for $4.80 by using coupon GETHANDY. The coupon takes 80% off the Best Deal Magazines price. It looks like this is good through Friday the 22nd. I grabbed one for me and for a family member.

Best Deal Magazines

Best Deal Magazines
Need a Best Deal Magazines coupon that earns 8.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

handyman (99.32kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

After FW CashBack, the price will $4.20 per year. You can subscribe up to 3 years at this price.

I'd rather spend a few extra pennies at Tanga (archena's post) and increase the chances of actually receiving the magazine. Best Deal Magazines has a terrible rating at ResellerRatings.com (2.17/10) HERE and from our own personal experience.

Love this magazine! Get projects for the hubby. In for 3 years at this price! Thanks Op.

Hey I would disagree with the post about Best Deal Magazines. I have shopped with them for years now and I always get what I paid for. I've made an inquiry in the past, but they were quick to respond. Regarding Reseller Ratings - I’ve checked them out and most of the posts about Best Deal Magazines are old and there are responses that look to me like they handled whatever was the problem. I did some more checking on this Reseller Ratings and it looks to me like nothing more than a extortion plan if you ask me! Looks like the businesses have to pay a monthly fee that is several hundred dollars to be able to view and respond to posts. I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything like that since Reseller Ratings seems to make money off negative posts on businesses. Kinda like BBB – if you don’t pay you get a bad rap but if you do pay you get an A+!

I'm still good until Feb 2015 using Amåzon's Mag Subscription manager. I think the last auto-renew sale a few months ago was just $5 bucks.

Green for OP though.

Thanks OP. My Amazon subscription just expired.

Never had a problem with Best Deal Magazines in the years of using them for new , continuing , or gift subs .

Today it's offering 4 years ($4.80/yr with the coupon).

Green for OP.

=aw

Check out the website of your local library as they might offer this as a digital publication like mine does. It just automatically loads up to my ipad for free. Now I'm trying to find a donation address for all the physical magazines I've been receiving since I went digital.

Had a problem when ordering a couple of days ago. I used the coupon code for a 3-year order. My total was $14.40 as indicated on the order page. However when the order went through, I was charged the full $72.00, with no coupon code discount. Reading their FAQs, it says to send an immediate e-mail to them if this happens, which tells me they have seen this before.
I immediately sent an e-mail to Best Deals that night and the next day they sent me an e-mail and told me they would credit me the difference of $57.60, but it will take 1-2 weeks to see the chargeback on my credit card. Huh? Crazy! Why the delay?

Why can't Best Deals use Paypal?

Tosunum said:   Check out the website of your local library as they might offer this as a digital publication like mine does. It just automatically loads up to my ipad for free. Now I'm trying to find a donation address for all the physical magazines I've been receiving since I went digital.

Do you have 'This Old House'? My mother wants a subscription to that magazine and they are so expensive.

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   Tosunum said:   Check out the website of your local library as they might offer this as a digital publication like mine does. It just automatically loads up to my ipad for free. Now I'm trying to find a donation address for all the physical magazines I've been receiving since I went digital.

Do you have 'This Old House'? My mother wants a subscription to that magazine and they are so expensive.

Unfortunately not.
For T, they have:
Taste of Home
Town & Country Weddings
Transworld Motocross
Transworld Ride BMX
True West

Your library may have a different selection. I've got local stuff like Arizona Highways as well as big & expensive ones like the Economist etc.

Tosunum said:   GeorgiaBulldawg said:   Tosunum said:   Check out the website of your local library as they might offer this as a digital publication like mine does. It just automatically loads up to my ipad for free. Now I'm trying to find a donation address for all the physical magazines I've been receiving since I went digital.

Unfortunately not.
For T, they have:
Taste of Home
Town & Country Weddings
Transworld Motocross
Transworld Ride BMX
True West

Your library may have a different selection. I've got local stuff like Arizona Highways as well as big & expensive ones like the Economist etc.

Okay, thanks anyway. I would be happy to take your subscription to 'Taste of Home' from you, if you are willing to part with it?

GeorgiaBulldawg said:   Had a problem when ordering a couple of days ago. I used the coupon code for a 3-year order. My total was $14.40 as indicated on the order page. However when the order went through, I was charged the full $72.00, with no coupon code discount. Reading their FAQs, it says to send an immediate e-mail to them if this happens, which tells me they have seen this before.
I immediately sent an e-mail to Best Deals that night and the next day they sent me an e-mail and told me they would credit me the difference of $57.60, but it will take 1-2 weeks to see the chargeback on my credit card. Huh? Crazy! Why the delay?

Why can't Best Deals use Paypal?

We're not quite sure why the order went through at full price as once a coupon code is applied to the order it should continue on throughout the checkout. However, we did receive your inquiry and immediately addressed the issue and promptly issued the refund to your credit card. We advise customers that a refund can take 1-2 weeks to post to an account at the request of the many banks who handle credit card accounts.

When we issue a refund to a credit card account, the refund is immediately done on our end. However, the refund must then be processed by the credit card processor and then sent on to the issuing bank for your credit card. It is then the banks responsibility to ensure that the refund is posted to your account. The timeframe for this is entirely up to the issuing bank. As we all know, credit cards are very quick to debit you for a purchase, but slow to issue refunds. It just all depends on your bank. Some will show up the same day, some a few days later, some can take longer. If you call your bank and inquire about a refund some banks will even tell you it can take 1-2 billing cycles. Please know that this is your credit card doing this, not Best Deal Magazines. We promptly issue the refunds and then they must go through the process with your bank before it goes back to your account.

Best Deal Magazines stopped using Paypal a couple of years ago due to technical issues with their checkout process. When you use Paypal to pay for your order you are redirected to their website to pay and then back to our website. We found that during this process orders sometimes dropped off and were not completed. We had no way of knowing this occurred and it resulted in some problems with orders. We felt that the inconvenience to our customers was too much so we discontinued using Paypal as a payment method.

We sincerely apologize for the coupon error.

I hope this has explained the process of how refunds are handled. Should anyone have any questions, please feel free to contact us at additionalsupport@BestDealMagazines.com.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014