• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OfficeMax is selling the Ooma Telo for $149.99.

This is just below the $150 requirement for the coupon so add a small filler item to your order to get above $150. If you don't have anything small you already need searching for chalk or crayons and sorting by low price is one way to find something under $1.

If you have your own $30 off $150 coupon you could order online for a total of $120 (+ filler). If you don't have an online coupon you can still get in on the deal by calling Office Max and placing your order over the phone using coupon code 219500211210 (exp 3/30/13 -- thanks to various SD posters). Note that this code can only be used over the phone and that when ordering be sure to tell the rep about the Ooma being on sale so they charge you the correct price.

Never heard of the Ooma? It's a quite popular VOIP phone service that most consider to be the best value in this category. On Amazon it's currently at 4.5 stars based on nearly 3,000 reviews.

UPDATE: Looks like the price is back up to $199.99. Although technically dead for now, OfficeMax has been running this deal a lot lately. If you check back in a week or two there's a fairly good chance their price will be down to $149.99 again.

UPDATE 2: As of 3/26/2013 it looks like the deal is back on. Also, (through 3/30) use coupon code SAVE20 and order online (instead of the code listed earlier) to save 20% off the Ooma. With the SAVE20 code you don't need to order an extra "filler" item to get your order over $150 and can simply order the Ooma on its own.

UPDATE 3: As of 4/14/2013 there don't appear to be any current $30 off $150 codes for Office Max; however, new $30 off $150 codes are issued pretty regularly so (assuming OM sticks with their usual practices) a new one should be available within the week and the deal with be back on again.

OfficeMax
See OfficeMax discounts that earn Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Ooma Telo (10.92kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Buy one & Free Shipping

OOMA: A FEW DAYS LEFT to get the special price of $139.99, plus FREE SHIPPING. Crystal-clear nati... (more)

poolshark333 (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 7:06p) |

Price is currently cheaper at Amazon.com ---> Ooma Telo for $136.33 with Free Shipping

shop4gr8deals (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 9:18p) |

The price on Amazon fluctuates pretty frequently and is still more than it would be at OM if you had a $30-off coupon. ... (more)

Mailman (Apr. 14, 2013 @ 11:15a) |

Staff Summary

Sorry for the dumb question, but where be the said coupon?

AzzuriStar said:   Sorry for the dumb question, but where be the said coupon?

He told us in his post.

I got Ooma Telo last month at Costco for $129. Saves me $40/month. Highly recommend this to everyone who has DSL + a phone line. Cancel your phone line and save yourself some $$$.

ooma, oprah.
oprah, ooma.

Do we need one per physical phone?

i loved her in kill bill

snpjen said:   Do we need one per physical phone?
No, you do not. What I use is one of the typical "new" cordless phones with one base and 4 satellite bases that do not plug into a jack. You can back feed your phone line in the house if you'd like also. I have had Ooma for 3-4 years I bet, never an issue, great sound quality and it pays for itself in a couple of months.

Keep your old phone number?

VirginiaDC said:   Keep your old phone number?

Yes you can port your number for free if you sign up for a year of premium or it is a little bit of money if you don't use that.

schmedy said:   snpjen said:   Do we need one per physical phone?
No, you do not. What I use is one of the typical "new" cordless phones with one base and 4 satellite bases that do not plug into a jack. You can back feed your phone line in the house if you'd like also. I have had Ooma for 3-4 years I bet, never an issue, great sound quality and it pays for itself in a couple of months.

I have the same setup for almost three years now. No issues however if you decide to back feed your phone line in the house, make sure to disconnect telco's connection from outside of the house at their box which is easy to do if you don't have DSL. If you have DSL or Uverse then I suggest to use a cordless phones with multiple handsets. If you don't disconnect telco's connection outside of the house BEFORE backfeeding your house wiring then you'll fry your Ooma device.

VirginiaDC said:   Keep your old phone number?
FWIW, Live near you. Have FIOS(TV + Internet) with 4-port ethernet switch plugged into the FIOS router. Plugged the base unit of my GE 6-phone system into the OOMA, plugged both of OOMA's ethernet connections into the 4-port switch and was good-to-go. Cost about $30 to port my phone number. My telephone bill is now about $3 per month (local taxes and surcharges). Very happy with service.
It's also possible to have more than one phone number associated with your OOMA box (additional monthly fee) or to forward calls to your cell-phone.

What is the minimum speed internet that you need to insure perfectly fine calls? TIA if anyone can help with this.

I have very basic/low speed Verizon DSL, and Ooma works fine.
Speedtest shows my current speeds as: 0.15mb/s download, 0.26 mb/s upload. slow.

hope that helps

7890 said:   What is the minimum speed internet that you need to insure perfectly fine calls? TIA if anyone can help with this.

If you have low speed internet then you can connect this way to insure that ooma will get the most bandwidth. Modem --> Ooma --> Router/PC. From what I remember, Ooma uses less than 56kbps bandwidth.

I can't find the phone number to call in the order on their website. Any help out there???

scooterbgood said:   I can't find the phone number to call in the order on their website. Any help out there???

Who's website? Ooma or Office Max?

scooterbgood said:   I can't find the phone number to call in the order on their website. Any help out there???

I have an Ooma box at the (81 year old) mother-in-law's. It connects via the Ooma wifi USB adapter to her DSL 2Wire (brand name) combo Modem/router which is regular high speed DSL. She has had some problems with it - usually resolved by me having to go over there (1/2 hour drive) to power cycle it. I have had Ooma check the firmware (current) and adjust the QOS on the Ooma box (that helped with call quality). I added a 24 hour timer to its power supply last month to power cycle it once a day at 3 AM. Since then the problems have reduced but not gone away entirely.

She has run into:
* people calling her - but her phone does not ring nor does it go to voice mail the caller just hears silence. Meanwhile she can call out normally.
* people calling her when she is not home and it rings and rings but does not go to voice mail. Her tenant gets upset at the phone not going to voice mail.

With both of those the 'fix' was for me to drive over - unplug it - wait 30 seconds - plug it in then it works - for a while. I tried calling Ooma customer support - they said - could not be us - talk to your Internet provider - which in my case is a phone company with world class customer support for customers daring to drop POTS and use VOIP (Snicker!).

I recently had Ooma ship out a new Ooma box - but as luck would have it - since I asked for the replacement box - the original Ooma box has been working fine. Any tips on what to try would be appreciated as I am tiring of driving over there.

FWIW- The Ooma Telo + WIFI adapter is on sale at Costco for $ 150.00 . However, I think a wired connection to the router is better (speed, reliability). Paying for the wifi adapter would be waste unless there is a problem involved wiht making wired connection to a router.

http://www.costco.com/Ooma-Telo-Air-VoIP-Telephone-Bundle.produc...

UPDATE: Looks like the price is back up to $199.99. Although technically dead for now, OfficeMax has been running this deal a lot lately. If you check back in a week or two there's a fairly good chance their price will be down to $149.99 again.

Have had Ooma for a year now. Call quality is all great. However, be warned that their monthly taxes and fees are on the rise. When I started, the monthly cost was $4 - and now it has gone to $6 in less than a year. Still cheaper than old ma bell deal but felt like a bait. Since you pay upfront, you have very little leverage as far as agreeing to their tax/fees. Obihai + google voice is the best deal out there.

Although the OPs price is cheaper. If you're lucky and you have a costco card, you can get the Ooma for $129.99 at Costco B&M. If you need the wireless adapter you can go to the costco.com site and buy the Ooma with Wireless adapter for $149.99.

There always is a glut of sales, but should you go with Ooma? or should you go with Obihai with Google Voice? ....

I have nothing but troubles with ooma and DSL 6MB Down 750K up
delay when talking on ooma phone makes it hard to have a conversation
ooma dropped calls
ooma hd2 headset dont ring or wont answer, I have sent about 8 of them back so far, some didnt turn on, one had horible audio. ended up doing AMEX return protection on them because ooma wont take them back.

wife hates it - I get grief -- might just drop if after only a few months and eat the $$ it is really bad.
almost embarassing to use it at this point because the ooma is not working correctly
I call them regularly and they have me unplug it, etc -- no good has come from that yet.

careh said:   I have an Ooma box at the (81 year old) mother-in-law's. It connects via the Ooma wifi USB adapter to her DSL 2Wire (brand name) combo Modem/router which is regular high speed DSL. She has had some problems with it - usually resolved by me having to go over there (1/2 hour drive) to power cycle it. I have had Ooma check the firmware (current) and adjust the QOS on the Ooma box (that helped with call quality). I added a 24 hour timer to its power supply last month to power cycle it once a day at 3 AM. Since then the problems have reduced but not gone away entirely.

She has run into:
* people calling her - but her phone does not ring nor does it go to voice mail the caller just hears silence. Meanwhile she can call out normally.
* people calling her when she is not home and it rings and rings but does not go to voice mail. Her tenant gets upset at the phone not going to voice mail.

With both of those the 'fix' was for me to drive over - unplug it - wait 30 seconds - plug it in then it works - for a while. I tried calling Ooma customer support - they said - could not be us - talk to your Internet provider - which in my case is a phone company with world class customer support for customers daring to drop POTS and use VOIP (Snicker!).

I recently had Ooma ship out a new Ooma box - but as luck would have it - since I asked for the replacement box - the original Ooma box has been working fine. Any tips on what to try would be appreciated as I am tiring of driving over there.[/Q

whatsthisbutton4 said:   I have nothing but troubles with ooma and DSL 6MB Down 750K up
delay when talking on ooma phone makes it hard to have a conversation
ooma dropped calls
ooma hd2 headset dont ring or wont answer, I have sent about 8 of them back so far, some didnt turn on, one had horible audio. ended up doing AMEX return protection on them because ooma wont take them back.

wife hates it - I get grief -- might just drop if after only a few months and eat the $$ it is really bad.
almost embarassing to use it at this point because the ooma is not working correctly
I call them regularly and they have me unplug it, etc -- no good has come from that yet.

careh said:   I have an Ooma box at the (81 year old) mother-in-law's. It connects via the Ooma wifi USB adapter to her DSL 2Wire (brand name) combo Modem/router which is regular high speed DSL. She has had some problems with it - usually resolved by me having to go over there (1/2 hour drive) to power cycle it. I have had Ooma check the firmware (current) and adjust the QOS on the Ooma box (that helped with call quality). I added a 24 hour timer to its power supply last month to power cycle it once a day at 3 AM. Since then the problems have reduced but not gone away entirely.

She has run into:

I recently had Ooma ship out a new Ooma box - but as luck would have it - since I asked for the replacement box - the original Ooma box has been working fine. Any tips on what to try would be appreciated as I am tiring of driving over there.[/Q

That is an interesting review. I have my unit for a year (with cable internet) and did get any of that. How about Obi VOIP? Have you try that and see if you have the same problem? If the problem persists, then you can clearly blame that it is due to DSL.

UPDATE: Checked today and saw the $149 price is back so the deal is on once again.

Buy one & Free Shipping

OOMA: A FEW DAYS LEFT to get the special price of $139.99, plus FREE SHIPPING. Crystal-clear nationwide calling--plus all the phone features you're used to--for free. You pay only applicable taxes and fees. Just connect Ooma to your high-speed Internet and regular home phones, and activate online. Keep your phone number. Just pay small monthly taxes. (I pay about $3.00 a month in New York.) This price is cheaper than Amazon! There is a 30-day return policy for purchases made through their website (using this code). You can't go wrong, and you will save hundreds of dollars every year! This expires April 31, 2013.

CODE: LOL5960

poolshark333 said:   Buy one & Free Shipping

OOMA: A FEW DAYS LEFT to get the special price of $139.99, plus FREE SHIPPING. Crystal-clear nationwide calling--plus all the phone features you're used to--for free. You pay only applicable taxes and fees. Just connect Ooma to your high-speed Internet and regular home phones, and activate online. Keep your phone number. Just pay small monthly taxes. (I pay about $3.00 a month in New York.) This price is cheaper than Amazon! There is a 30-day return policy for purchases made through their website (using this code). You can't go wrong, and you will save hundreds of dollars every year! This expires April 31, 2013.

Price is currently cheaper at Amazon.com ---> Ooma Telo for $136.33 with Free Shipping

shop4gr8deals said:   poolshark333 said:   Buy one & Free Shipping

The price on Amazon fluctuates pretty frequently and is still more than it would be at OM if you had a $30-off coupon. As far as I can tell all of the current $30 off $150 coupons expired on 4/13, but there should be a new batch issued fairly soon.

If someone comes across a coupon and wants to be a good samaritan you can safely post your "phone orders" code (the one that's all numbers with no letters) here. Don't post the "online use" code (the one with letters) because those are one-time use codes. The phone orders codes are the same on all coupons and are multi-use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014