• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Item
Disclaimer

Shelf tag
Disclaimer
In store

Home Depot
See Home Depot coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

21" Honda Lawn Mower
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Look back a few messages, the receipt was posted about 4 months ago. I think you're a little late to the party. It was ... (more)

MisterEd (Jul. 02, 2013 @ 7:41p) |

I NEED A NEW MOWER ALSO

HEARD HONDA/KAWASAKI MOTOR IS WAY TO GO

YankeeRedneck (Jul. 03, 2013 @ 12:03a) |

Sorry, I made a mistake. I thought that receipt was for $399 and didn't notice that was your receipt.

Again, why did they... (more)

Slickone (Jul. 03, 2013 @ 10:05a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great price on a great mower. Unfortunately, inventory checker shows out of stock at all the stores around me

What is the model number? HRR216??? I cannot determine which one this is from The Home Depot site.

Any add't info greatly appreciated. Thanks for posting.

1ntwins said:   What is the model number? HRR216??? I cannot determine which one this is from The Home Depot site.

Any add't info greatly appreciated. Thanks for posting.


Based on reading comments from here, and the fact that the edge of the picture looks like an 8 is getting cut off, my guess is it's model HRR2168VYA.

Label indicates Store SKU 261-361, which corresponds with THIS MODEL.

261-361 is listed as regular price of $399 on the website.

i know this is stupid but how does this thumb drive compare to toro personal pace? i have found only thing i like on my 9 yr old toro is the personal pace speed adjustment.

They had a returned mower of this model being resold as used (or refurb?) when I was at HD one day. It was out in the garden center, so I pushed it around a bit and it seemed like having to keep pushing/releasing and holding down the thumb drive would get real old real quick. There's no reason they can't make all self propelled mowers where you just push it to go, since it's very little extra materials (if any), but I guess they save that for their most expensive models.

Has anyone followed up on this at all, such as checked it out in store or purchased one? The link JosiOK posted above to one on the website allows me to put one in my cart for pickup at any of my local stores. For me, that doesn't match up with using SKU 261-361 in the inventory checker. There's only 4 in stock near me per the inventory checker, and none of them that close (which is why I haven't checked one out myself). I may do so today, but was wondering if anyone else has any additional info before I head out later.

fuster said:   Has anyone followed up on this at all, such as checked it out in store or purchased one? The link JosiOK posted above to one on the website allows me to put one in my cart for pickup at any of my local stores. For me, that doesn't match up with using SKU 261-361 in the inventory checker. There's only 4 in stock near me per the inventory checker, and none of them that close (which is why I haven't checked one out myself). I may do so today, but was wondering if anyone else has any additional info before I head out later.

Same here. Inventory check shows none but hd.com link allows me to add to card and pick up in my local store. If I search on the sku 261361, it takes me to the same mower in the hd.com link, but that could be hd redirecting it. Model online is HRR216VKA.


EDIT: Mfg Model number in picture is 654690 but hd.com link is 656900.

69ragtop said:   fuster said:   Has anyone followed up on this at all, such as checked it out in store or purchased one? The link JosiOK posted above to one on the website allows me to put one in my cart for pickup at any of my local stores. For me, that doesn't match up with using SKU 261-361 in the inventory checker. There's only 4 in stock near me per the inventory checker, and none of them that close (which is why I haven't checked one out myself). I may do so today, but was wondering if anyone else has any additional info before I head out later.

Same here. Inventory check shows none but hd.com link allows me to add to card and pick up in my local store. If I search on the sku 261361, it takes me to the same mower in the hd.com link, but that could be hd redirecting it. Model online is HRR216VKA.


EDIT: Mfg Model number in picture is 654690 but hd.com link is 656900.


Online only for me and at the normal $400 price, what price is it giving you to pick up in store?

drmorb said:   69ragtop said:   fuster said:   Has anyone followed up on this at all, such as checked it out in store or purchased one? The link JosiOK posted above to one on the website allows me to put one in my cart for pickup at any of my local stores. For me, that doesn't match up with using SKU 261-361 in the inventory checker. There's only 4 in stock near me per the inventory checker, and none of them that close (which is why I haven't checked one out myself). I may do so today, but was wondering if anyone else has any additional info before I head out later.

Same here. Inventory check shows none but hd.com link allows me to add to card and pick up in my local store. If I search on the sku 261361, it takes me to the same mower in the hd.com link, but that could be hd redirecting it. Model online is HRR216VKA.


EDIT: Mfg Model number in picture is 654690 but hd.com link is 656900.


Online only for me and at the normal $400 price, what price is it giving you to pick up in store?
same 399.xx


new model
Disclaimer

clearance model
Disclaimer

new model 2
Disclaimer
Ok, finally went and checked this out. The store had 3 of these, 2 assembled and one still in the box. They were all out in the garden area, so definitely on clearance. The model number is HRR2168VKA. It looks like this is last years (or and older model) that is being replaced. The one on display in the mower area is model HRR2169VKA and priced at $429. Per the comments in the link a posted previously, it looks like they change the number (X) in the model number HRR216XVKA when the update the model. So it looks like HRR216VKA is the generic model number and with model number HRR216XVKA the X identifies the year or timeframe it was made (or something like that). And it does look like the link JosiOK posted is the same mower. Even though it was letting me add it to my cart I noticed when I clicked on that link on my phone the mobile version was correctly showing the store I had selected did not have inventory. So it probably wouldn't let you check out picking up at a store without inventory (I didn't try it).

With all that said, I did buy one (my store also had the $329 clearance price). It's not a smoking deal, but it's a nice price for a Honda and my current mower is in need of replacing. Thanks for the post OP.

Is this a "made for Home Depot" model?

my4mainecoons said:   Is this a "made for Home Depot" model?

It doesn't look like it.

Honda Website Link

That link is for the newer model that Home Depot now has on display, and the website lists more locations than just Home Depot that sell mowers around me when I searched.

I had been looking at this mower on the honda website a couple weeks ago as it came up best self propelled under $500 in my research. It was out of several FL stores, but I was to be close to the only store that had 1 last night for a work meeting. Mower was assembled, on clearance for 329 as above, with the following numbers: HRR2166VKA, SKU 261-361. They even finally took an internet Lowes %10 when I said I'm walking otherwise. $315 out the door and fit in the closed trunk of my 300. N1OP.

We are talking about two models here. The HRR216VKA is the one that they claim was $429 on sale for $329. Several HD's have (mistakenly?)marked down the HRR216VYA to $329. This is the model that allows you stop the blade, without stopping the engine. This model is normally priced at $499 and is the better buy. I purchased a HHR216VYA tonight for $329. Honda's suggested retail on this model is $550.

Hey realdealesq, what was the HD item # for the one you got? I had no luck finding the other one from the OP around here.

The item number is 0000-261-361. The sales lady did not scan the bar code on the mower. Instead, she removed a yellow HD sales tag that had been permanently attached to the mower with a locking device that she used a tool to open. Then she scanned the tag.

Am I correct in assuming that anyone who has found this is not in snow belt?

realdealesq said:   We are talking about two models here. The HRR216VKA is the one that they claim was $429 on sale for $329. Several HD's have (mistakenly?)marked down the HRR216VYA to $329. This is the model that allows you stop the blade, without stopping the engine. This model is normally priced at $499 and is the better buy. I purchased a HHR216VYA tonight for $329. Honda's suggested retail on this model is $550.

For what I posted, that's an error I did not catch. I've been talking about the HRR216VKA (once I saw it in the store). I'll edit my post above to help avoid confusion. Definitely a better deal if you found a VYA for that price. Nice find.

fuster said:   realdealesq said:   We are talking about two models here. The HRR216VKA is the one that they claim was $429 on sale for $329. Several HD's have (mistakenly?)marked down the HRR216VYA to $329. This is the model that allows you stop the blade, without stopping the engine. This model is normally priced at $499 and is the better buy. I purchased a HHR216VYA tonight for $329. Honda's suggested retail on this model is $550.

For what I posted, that's an error I did not catch. I've been talking about the HRR216VKA (once I saw it in the store). I'll edit my post above to help avoid confusion. Definitely a better deal if you found a VYA for that price. Nice find.


Thanks OP. I would not have known anything ab out this deal without your post.

When does this sale end?

lindyn said:   When does this sale end?

Appears to be clearance pricing rather than sale price.

Great mower at a pretty good price. I picked one up last night for $339. New model with same features (except no more insert for mulching, it has a swing door built in now) is priced at $499. Thanks OP!

Just bought an HRX model for $399. Maybe some more out there. This one looked like it had mowed a little grass and was returned by purchaser.

I just got a better deal from Home Depot. I got the HRX217VKA ($699 list) for $360. Some stores are selling off the Hondas and some Home Depots are still selling them for list price. I got the last one, BNIB. Wasn't even on display. This was in NJ. Another store (Linden NJ) had the same one on sale for $499 and they had about 6 of them, and a 3rd store had it for $629. Weird.

safetyjim said:   Just bought an HRX model for $399. Maybe some more out there. This one looked like it had mowed a little grass and was returned by purchaser.
Which HRX did you get? Our store had an HRX sitting outside in what they call the "refurbished" (yeah, right) section with rust on it, but it had a $599 tag hanging on it. I wrote down the model # but don't have it with me.

MisterEd said:   I just got a better deal from Home Depot. I got the HRX217VKA ($699 list) for $360. Some stores are selling off the Hondas and some Home Depots are still selling them for list price. I got the last one, BNIB. Wasn't even on display. This was in NJ. Another store (Linden NJ) had the same one on sale for $499 and they had about 6 of them, and a 3rd store had it for $629. Weird.
Where was the mower if not on display?

Anyone who got one still have the box? What are the dimensions? Wondering if I can fit it in the back of the Odyssey with the bigger section of the 3rd row seat down. Thanks!

MisterEd, item # please for the HRX217VKA you picked up. Might hunt around for this one too. Thanks.

Box dimensions would be hugely helpful.

Scored one today in Maine. Rang up @ $239.00, used a $10 off $50 Lowes coupon and after tax walked out paying $240.45. Fantastic deal. I really needed a new mower. This was for #261361 (HRR216VKA).

peebody01 said:   Scored one today in Maine. Rang up @ $239.00, used a $10 off $50 Lowes coupon and after tax walked out paying $240.45. Fantastic deal. I really needed a new mower. This was for #261361 (HRR216VKA).

Dang, I wish my old Toro mower breaks. I have been using that sucker for ten years and keep on working!

Slickone said:   MisterEd said:   I just got a better deal from Home Depot. I got the HRX217VKA ($699 list) for $360. Some stores are selling off the Hondas and some Home Depots are still selling them for list price. I got the last one, BNIB. Wasn't even on display. This was in NJ. Another store (Linden NJ) had the same one on sale for $499 and they had about 6 of them, and a 3rd store had it for $629. Weird.
Where was the mower if not on display?
Sitting with the other model Honda's on the stack of mowers under the price tag on the shelf. There was none opened "on the shelf" just one UNDER the shelf. They either were going to open it for display or send it to another store.


Honda Mower
Disclaimer
peebody01 said:   MisterEd, item # please for the HRX217VKA you picked up. Might hunt around for this one too. Thanks.

Box dimensions would be hugely helpful.
Here is the receipt: (the code "RSN 2" next to the 10% discount means "slow seller.") Box was junked when I took it home. It was the size of the mower with the handle folded over. Fit in the back of my 2007 Trailblazer with back seat down.


Honda HRR2168VYA
Disclaimer
One more for the list. Picked up an HRR2168VYA (HD 263073) for $339 less 10% because it was the last one. Out the door 305.10 plus tax. Note that the big tag at HD said $399 clearance. Looks like an MSRP of $569 if I am interpreting correctly.

For reference I'm located in Houston.

Don't waste your money on this lawn mower. I was very disappointed with it. If you are going to shell out that kind of coin for a lawn mower the pick up a John Deere. Far better quality and drive system.

Mowed the lawn ... Love the mower ... Still hate mowing the lawn.

Think it's still possible to get an HRX217VKA for $400? My store has an HRX2173VKA and HRX2174VKA in the boxes that have been sitting there for several weeks. Was it the HRX2173VKA that was supposed to be on clearance?

MisterEd said:   I just got a better deal from Home Depot. I got the HRX217VKA ($699 list) for $360. Some stores are selling off the Hondas and some Home Depots are still selling them for list price. I got the last one, BNIB. Wasn't even on display. This was in NJ. Another store (Linden NJ) had the same one on sale for $499 and they had about 6 of them, and a 3rd store had it for $629. Weird.
Can you post your receipt? Wasn't it a HRX2173VKA or HRX2174VKA?

Skipping 4 Messages...
MisterEd said:   Slickone said:   Think it's still possible to get an HRX217VKA for $400? My store has an HRX2173VKA and HRX2174VKA in the boxes that have been sitting there for several weeks. Was it the HRX2173VKA that was supposed to be on clearance?

MisterEd said:   I just got a better deal from Home Depot. I got the HRX217VKA ($699 list) for $360. Some stores are selling off the Hondas and some Home Depots are still selling them for list price. I got the last one, BNIB. Wasn't even on display. This was in NJ. Another store (Linden NJ) had the same one on sale for $499 and they had about 6 of them, and a 3rd store had it for $629. Weird.
Can you post your receipt? Wasn't it a HRX2173VKA or HRX2174VKA?
Look back a few messages, the receipt was posted about 4 months ago. I think you're a little late to the party. It was a 2174 and it was back in March.

Sorry, I made a mistake. I thought that receipt was for $399 and didn't notice that was your receipt.

Again, why did they mark down the mower?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014