• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linked

Buy direct online for $169.00 shipped. This is a very good price for this level of center channel performance, and these have not been this easily available before.

This is a pretty big center channel, check the dimensions before you buy. Having said that, it is also a true 3-way center channel, which is not very common. Much less at this price point.

This center is very similar if not exactly the same as the EC35 produced for many years. When JBL stopped making the EC35 they renamed it the PC35 and now the NP35 and marketed under the Synthesis brand.

This is a very good center channel that mates up very well with any 0.75" tweeter JBL loudspeaker. With a tool like Audyssey, it can be calibrated to work well with the 1" full titanium models, including older models that didn't have a center channel in the lineup. It is a good enough center channel to keep up with higher end JBL's.

JBL's next best true 3-way center channel is the ~$300 LC2. I have had both and consider them very closely matched. The LC2 has better drivers and technology but is crippled by the smaller wall mount enclosure. This guy has the big box working for it and it shows. 60-80Hz crossover at high volumes is no problem.

True 3-way center channel speakers are not very common, but in my opinion the benefit of them is very obvious.

Prior to my current PC600 (arguably JBL's best dome tweeter center channel) I used a EC35 with many different sets of JBL's and was very pleased with it. In a home theater system you are listening to the center channel more than your mains. A good one is critical.

This price and online availability suggests they are clearing it out.

Member Summary

JBL NP35
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › JBL

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014