• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime (OEM) $11.99 + Free Shipping
Newegg

Not sure if anyone would be interested since this looks like it's OEM version Covereyes

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime (OEM)
Promo Code: EMCXVVW55

Newegg
See Newegg discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

item
Thanks JayMatt19
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
expired

zxcvb (Feb. 27, 2013 @ 11:11p) |

I know deal has expired, but I was curious, for future reference. Is this version "lifetime" for a single specific compu... (more)

rber (Feb. 27, 2013 @ 11:40p) |

I don't see why not, my previous lifetime license has been installed on at least 5 different occasions now (upgraded com... (more)

reset2k (Feb. 28, 2013 @ 1:26a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Limit 5.

Free ear buds bundled automatically... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800996207

Thanks OP. Green.

Whats the difference between the OEM and Regular Boxed Versions?

Tintin

JayMatt19 said:   Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime (OEM) $11.99 + Free Shipping
Newegg

Not sure if anyone would be interested since this looks like it's OEM version Covereyes

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Lifetime (OEM)
Promo Code: EMCXVVW55

Highly recommended and you can't beat the price...

Squonk said:   Highly recommended and you can't beat the price...

Are there problems if you run this with a different company's security suite? I know there are always warnings about having two programs on one computer. Or is that more for just the anti-virus programs. Been looking at maybe Kaspersky, but could you run both of these together?

anonguy said:   Squonk said:   Highly recommended and you can't beat the price...

Are there problems if you run this with a different company's security suite? I know there are always warnings about having two programs on one computer. Or is that more for just the anti-virus programs. Been looking at maybe Kaspersky, but could you run both of these together?

Yes!

wtjc said:   anonguy said:   Squonk said:   Highly recommended and you can't beat the price...

Yes!

"Yes" to the first question or second?

I'm currently running both KiS 2013 and malware bytes together. No issues. Seems to complement each other.

darkgalleon said:   I'm currently running both KiS 2013 and malware bytes together. No issues. Seems to complement each other.

Thanks.

Has anyone tried this with WIN 8?

a steal..thnx o.p.

Yes, it works fine with Win 8

It isn't expired yet (not sure why it's showing expired). Purchased 4 sets. I run an IT/Computer Repair company and I can't tell you how many times this software has saved my customers. I can't recommend it enough!

reset2k said:   It isn't expired yet (not sure why it's showing expired). Purchased 4 sets. I run an IT/Computer Repair company and I can't tell you how many times this software has saved my customers. I can't recommend it enough!

Shows at $23.98 for me now so it would appear that yes, this deal is expired.

You need to enter the promo code EMCXVVW55 at checkout

You need to enter the promo code EMCXVVW55 at checkout

First of all, I have no affiliation with Malwarebytes, but simply a long time user and defender against malware.

Let me echo reset2k on the value of this software. I have been using this app both for personal and professional usage for several years now, and it has removed countless numbers of malware from client PC's, as well as protected workstations from possible exposure.

The quick explanation of the difference between the free and paid version is this:

The free version provides all the scan functionality, but it is an on-demand update and scan function only. There is no real time protection, so the responsibility to update the database and run the scan is left up to the user.

The pay version includes the auto update, real time protection and the ability to schedule a scan. The real time protection is provided by an agent which runs in the background, and it acts as a proxy server for all incoming and outgoing traffic from your PC. It compares the IP address or DNS details for sites you are trying to visit against their database, and if the site is a reported malware site, it actively blocks your traffic to that site. The important benefit of this feature is the blockage of sites your PC is attempting to connect WITHOUT your knowledge. So many web sites, especially sites you would not usually suspect such as MSN.com, CNN.com, etc, occasionally have ad banners or other embedded links which attempt to route you to a malicious site. Malwarebytes actively blocks those surreptitious connections and pops up a message notice in the bottom right when anything is blocked. There is also the option to override the block and allow the traffic.

Also to echo wtjc, Malwarebytes plays VERY well with other resident applications, especially those providing real time protection for viruses. I would say most people are very aware/comfortable with running anti-virus software on their PC these days. But we are to the point of also needing an anti-malware application on there as well, providing protection from that genre of software. And I know some application "suites" claim to protect you from both, but my experience has been the malware portion of that protection is minimal/limited. I have worked on many workstations where their Norton or other application is reportedly protecting them from malware, it is updated, and reporting no errors. And at the same time, pop-up windows of whatever are filling up their screen or their browser is being redirected. Then upon running Malwarebytes, it not only detects the issue/s, but then removes them.

I paid the full price for this software years ago, and it was money VERY well spent. For this price, it would be a $12 insurance policy that will protect you daily. Malwarebytes routinely releases updates to their database daily, and sometimes multiple times a day. They are very active with updating their definitions. You would be shocked how many sites this will protect you from once you have it running and reporting. Quite an eye opening experience.

Enjoy and safe browsing.

B

I also am wondering what's the difference between this OEM and the free downloadable that can be upgraded.

Sorry I missed out on this.

Got mine free last year...and it has yet to do me any good.

Serious question: are these types of programs necessary these days? (I'm on Win8). Has it ever saved anyone's bacon? I don't know.

expired

I know deal has expired, but I was curious, for future reference. Is this version "lifetime" for a single specific computer, or for any computer? In other words, if I install it on a single cokmputer for 3 years, and then replace that computer with a new computer, can I reinstall the software on the new computer?

rber said:   I know deal has expired, but I was curious, for future reference. Is this version "lifetime" for a single specific computer, or for any computer? In other words, if I install it on a single cokmputer for 3 years, and then replace that computer with a new computer, can I reinstall the software on the new computer?

I don't see why not, my previous lifetime license has been installed on at least 5 different occasions now (upgraded computer multiple times - and even a brand new custom build).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.