• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

phone
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
any Cash Back on this purchase? My phone is shipping to me now. Looking forward.

lediama (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 12:50p) |

Yes, but after 1 buy it is zero

02/27/13 T-Mobile 312%%%%%%% Paid (03/12/13) 99.99 7.50
Reported
02/27/13

yesidonoitall (Mar. 17, 2013 @ 2:00p) |

I do not understand it. You got $7.5 Cash Back? or zero?

lediama (Mar. 18, 2013 @ 1:56a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If this phone is available with the Wal-Mart $30/month 100mins talk and unlim web, how do you use the $50 card that comes with the phone?

Never mind, I did see that $30 plan listed on available 4 G plans, just way down the list.

Be aware this is a 3G phone.

I have one I bought for testing with my MVNO. It's pretty good for that price though. Decent build, camera is like from circa 2008, uSD slot. No ROMs I really saw. I'd much rather a used Nexus One tho for not much more money like the ones I got for $83 shipped. But if you need the $50 card it's not a horrible idea to get one.

Pantech Crossover - $69 at Amazon
Disclaimer
I think anyone looking in this range for a phone to use on T-Mobile might want to consider this unlocked Pantech Crossover for $68 shipped. I bought one and am astouded at its usefulness, especially because I have difficulty dealing with touch qwerty jeyboards and this one has a pullout qwerty keyboard that's better than I'd ever seen.
It really is a bybrid of an Android and a feature phone. I'm using it on AT&T with data shut off and AT&T is not charging me automatically for a smartphone data plan. If you're a little older and want a phone with WiFi capability, GPS built-in and access to AT&T hotspots at places like McDonald's this is your phone.

Link

go with an LG Optimus L9. A little more money, a lot more phone. Look for other threads about it.

(OK, $150 vs $50 after deducting card is three times as much, but it is ICS, bigger, much better screen, much faster CPU and so on)

The wife needed a new phone, so I am in for one. She knows the difference between Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich, just not the Android types! Gonna get the $30 plan with 1500 mins/texts and 30MB.

zklopman said:   go with an LG Optimus L9. A little more money, a lot more phone. Look for other threads about it.

(OK, $150 vs $50 after deducting card is three times as much, but it is ICS, bigger, much better screen, much faster CPU and so on)

On price alone is is like comparing apples to oranges.
A whole new ballgame.

GreenTrash said:   I think anyone looking in this range for a phone to use on T-Mobile might want to consider this unlocked Pantech Crossover for $68 shipped. I bought one and am astouded at its usefulness, especially because I have difficulty dealing with touch qwerty jeyboards and this one has a pullout qwerty keyboard that's better than I'd ever seen.
It really is a bybrid of an Android and a feature phone. I'm using it on AT&T with data shut off and AT&T is not charging me automatically for a smartphone data plan. If you're a little older and want a phone with WiFi capability, GPS built-in and access to AT&T hotspots at places like McDonald's this is your phone.

Link

On the Pantech Crossover, does the gps work with no phone service active?

so excited....till I read the one review at tmobile....drops calls...

Don't use this phone for a business with all the dropped calls.

Not just that...gotten mixed reviews....googled it.

polishdreamer said:   Don't use this phone for a business with all the dropped calls.

There is alot of variables that can cause dropped calls.
Not "necessarily" the phone.
I lose my service in the WM fresh meat aisles, go figure.
In the mountains also.

I am probably going to get the Mytouch Q which is a 4g smartphone with slide out keyboard for $199 with the $50 card. I went to a TM store today to see it in person and it is really nice. They will give you the $199 price if you activate with a $60 monthly plan, no gift card but he offered me 2 half price accessories and one free. The TM website also gives free shipping and I think you'll get some FW Cash Back. I was going to buy this phone used, and even a beat up one goes for about $100, good condition up to $200. Good to find out from the salesman that there were 3 versions of this phone: HTC first, excellent; LG second, awful; Huwaei now which is good.

How odd, Tmobile took 2 orders and shipped two orders to me, no questions asked as in the past (or not shipped)

Fruits of perseverance.

yesidonoitall said:   How odd, Tmobile took 2 orders and shipped to orders to me, no questions asked as in the past (or nor ship)

Me too. Makes me think they might be dumping these.......

No Wi-Fi calling

rcgeo said:   yesidonoitall said:   How odd, Tmobile took 2 orders and shipped to orders to me, no questions asked as in the past (or nor ship)

The questions will come at activation time, or they apply default tax rates to the service.

BlueSeaLake said:   rcgeo said:   yesidonoitall said:   How odd, Tmobile took 2 orders and shipped to orders to me, no questions asked as in the past (or nor ship)

The questions will come at activation time, or they apply default tax rates to the service.

No activation needed, just insert current sim card and go.
Or get a new number with the included 10 minute kit.
Then add the $50 refill.....
But i never use any of those I buy.....

is anyone have problem with tmobile website? i have empty space on the right side of the screen starting from the cart page and cannot continue with purchase;
i tried several browsers

BlueSeaLake said:   rcgeo said:   yesidonoitall said:   How odd, Tmobile took 2 orders and shipped to orders to me, no questions asked as in the past (or nor ship)

RE:
or they apply default tax rates to the service.

Do you mean sales tax when you buy a refill card?
All everything is included, no other fees later on, but some will pay sales tax on the refill card.

They don't like me, I just tried the website and it refused to do online, I called customer service. Don't worry didn't mention FW !
The sales rep, rebuilt my order, but my CC was rejected, we tried 3 of them. Very strange as they are all good and paid off each month.

Funny when it happens, it makes one feel like an irresponsible individual with maxed out CC, or at least you know the other person thinks that

Gringgo said:   The wife needed a new phone, so I am in for one. She knows the difference between Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich, just not the Android types! Gonna get the $30 plan with 1500 mins/texts and 30MB.

PagePlus is an option as well. 1200 minutes, 3000 text and 250 MB of data for $29.95.

I tried today, and their website improved the error message, so I call customer service and placed the order through them, and they sent me an email stating its been received.... Lets see if I actually get it

Ha, I got an email its been cancelled, and the cancel email only stated the $50 card in the order, somehow lost track of the phone, their system sucks royally.

PS - Newegg had NO trouble taking another order from me with the same CC.

Their rep phoned me tonight, and tried to re-enter the order, but it still failed. So she suggested I get someone else to buy the phone for me, doesn't that defeat the purpose of their intense verification ?
Good thing its not a gun, as she was suggesting I use a straw purchaser

Here's my take of the reviews:
The good: Telephone calls. GPS receiver with voice and maps.
The bad: Game response, Can't root OS, May quit working and need factory reset or warranty replacement after about 6 months.
The ugly: Camera quality
My justification for buying: I have T-moble pay-as-you-go plans on three phones shared by family members. I'll need to put at least $10 on two of them by April in order to carry over my remaining minutes for another year. I plan to take the SIM card from one of the phones (WindowsCE), put it in the Concord (Android) and apply the $50 card. That way I'll have a back-up spare phone and a GPS unit to take on travel.

I place an order and did not receive confirmation email. I did not log in my account to purchase it. Anyone know where to check the status? I could not find where in tmobile.

lediama said:   I place an order and did not receive confirmation email. I did not log in my account to purchase it. Anyone know where to check the status? I could not find where in tmobile.

I have always got the eMail and on it is a link to input you order number last name and zip code to check status......
Did they hit your credit card?

yes, showing pending. I place order last night and search tmobile web site for "checking status". No link bring me to input information.

lediama said:   yes, showing pending. I place order last night and search tmobile web site for "checking status". No link bring me to input information.

Link to order status page but if no order number you cannot use it
https://my.t-mobile.com/Login/?rc=&dest=https%3a%2f%2fmy.t-mobil...

Did you read closely the last page when you ordered/paid
Did it INDICATE THEY NEEDED MORE INFORMATION?

If they do not complete the order or intend to do that
they will hit the credit card and it will fall of in 4 days or so.

yesidonoitall, I was able to find the status by live chat with tmobile. First, I should go prepaid service category, Second, my chrome browser does not support. I finally get the inf from IE. Thanks.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phones

under the bottom of screen, click "order status". My chrome does not support. IE works. Then you can input all your order information.

I had someone else buy the phone for me, its my first smart phone so its quite a step up for me. I like that I can use it with wifi and make free calls with Skype (downloaded the app). I have not put in the sim yet, as still using minutes on my old phone.

Funny thing is, the person who bought it for me, liked it after seeing it, but when placing an order for another one, the T-Mobile system screwed up AGAIN, and rejected the order!! Maybe I'll have to give that person back the phone

It is OOS

any Cash Back on this purchase? My phone is shipping to me now. Looking forward.

lediama said:   any Cash Back on this purchase? My phone is shipping to me now. Looking forward.

Yes, but after 1 buy it is zero

02/27/13 T-Mobile 312%%%%%%% Paid (03/12/13) 99.99 7.50
Reported
02/27/13

I do not understand it. You got $7.5 Cash Back? or zero?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014