• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In market for a budget android tablet. 7" 8GB for $70.

They have sold over close to 3500 of these. Must be good? Google search found deals for $89 dating back to Jan 13. Recent price drop makes it hot?

Also available are 8" 8 GB for $90 and the 10" 16 GB for $150. They both have 1GB memory.

Specs

Dual core A10 1.2GHZ,
512MB DDR3 RAM,
8GB Onboard Storage,
Google Android 4.0,
Multi-touch Capacitive Screen,
Support HDMI Ver 1.4 Output (Support 3D Vision) 1080p HD,
High Resolution 800 x 480 Pixels Display,
7 inch Super Slim 16:9 Panel,
Built-in WIFI IEEE802.11B/G/N,

Extremely long Battery Life of 2400mAh (4-5 hours of continuous active usage),

Support multiple formats 1080P HD Player,
Support external TF card, maximum capacity of 32GB.

Comes with 1 year warranty. Have to contact them through eB@y

Member Summary

Cobalt S700
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

They also have a 10" version for $129. Here.

And a 8" version for $89. Here.

All of them have Go0gle Play Store.

What kills this for me at least is the wireless is only B/G and NOT N.

I am looking for a cheap tablet (this was perfect otherwise) to leave connected to my TV and stream movies and TV shows from TV Portal App. B/G only would not work that good.

Otherwise a decent little tablet for the price.

Does anyone know of a tablet with HDMI out and an Ethernet input? Even if I need a dock for the Ethernet.

mushman said:   What kills this for me at least is the wireless is only B/G and NOT N.

What makes you say that?!? the specs say Built-in WIFI IEEE802.11B/G/N

I believe the 8" version will have the b/g/n wifi card. Its got a 1GB memory and 8GB storage. For $90, a far better tablet on a budget.

imatechie said:   I believe the 8" version will have the b/g/n wifi card. Its got a 1GB memory and 8GB storage. For $90, a far better tablet on a budget.

With 1GB at least you have the possibility of going to Jelly Bean. With 512KB you're pretty much locked in to ICS.

Lordie...hasn't it been proven these budget tablets are anything but?

Given your support is about as good as something used, why not just buy a refurbished kindle fire or Nexus 7? Both can be had for between 100-125 with little effort.

Does anyone know if it has play store ?

That's what they say in the description. They have sold more than 3000 of the 7" ones. I guess its safe to assume there is google play.

Download Games or Productivity Tools using Google Play (included). Thanks to the range of document, slideshow and spreadsheet editors available to download on the S700, your tablet can be your mobile work station; you may never need your laptop ever again. With the integrated microSD card reader you can transfer files easily or even plug in a USB flash drive in the USB host slot / via the USB host cable.

windingpath said:   Does anyone know if it has play store ?

mushman said:   What kills this for me at least is the wireless is only B/G and NOT N.

I am looking for a cheap tablet (this was perfect otherwise) to leave connected to my TV and stream movies and TV shows from TV Portal App. B/G only would not work that good.

Otherwise a decent little tablet for the price.

Does anyone know of a tablet with HDMI out and an Ethernet input? Even if I need a dock for the Ethernet.

You do realize that B is 11mbits, and G is 54mbits?

With that being said, do you further realize that your internet connection is likely 10mbits or less? And that streaming HD content sucks down around 6mbits?

That looks good as I am in the market for a very cheap tab but I need bluetooth and unfortunately this appears to be lacking that feature.

I'm interested in an inexpensive tablet to give to my ailing father in law. He does not have (nor does he want) wifi so I need 3g or 4g connectivity. It's really just so that he can email his daughters in other cities over the next 6 mos to year. I'd also get him a data account with a cellular provider. On that point, is there any such thing as a tablet with cell phone capability? His hearing is poor so would probably want the ability to plug in a headset. Thanks.

outtawhack said:   Lordie...hasn't it been proven these budget tablets are anything but?

Given your support is about as good as something used, why not just buy a refurbished kindle fire or Nexus 7? Both can be had for between 100-125 with little effort.

I have an Acer a200 and a cheapie Polaroid 7 incher. Looking at the two, the Acer is obviously higher build quality, etc. The thing is the "expensive" tablet chokes on HD video. The cheap tablet plays everything. Depends on what you're using it for.

//Acer is much better with other stuff.
//Neither is my primary tablet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014