• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
rebate ID:2013DB08-01
duration: 2/18/2013 - 2/28/2013
offer; $10.00 rebate check
No UPC or mail in receipt requirement, online rebate claim only, requires a Amazon Product Review for the product

Amazon Link
Rebate Link
Online Rebate Claim link

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

glasses (12.31kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

I have 4 of these. Three leaked water or something between the inner and outer glass making them gross and unusable.

I think these are a new design to fix that problem... but I'm not sure.

Be careful dropping in ice-- I had a pair of these glasses and now have only 1 after the inner glass shattered. They work great but are delicate.

peste386 said:   I think these are a new design to fix that problem... but I'm not sure.

These are new

sesquipedalian said:   I have 4 of these. Three leaked water or something between the inner and outer glass making them gross and unusable.
warranty link They are very good on service

mrwoodgie said:   Be careful dropping in ice-- I had a pair of these glasses and now have only 1 after the inner glass shattered. They work great but are delicate.

Same thing happened to me. Roger answered my message of complaint:

Thank you for contacting us. Since these glasses was ordered about 4 month
ago. We are not able to send the replacement. The reason for glasses are
very complicate. From the description, it seems to me the glass was some
how has hidden damages.

All of these double wall glasses are delicate, since they are borosilicate glass. I have some from three different companies and the weight/thickness between different brands is significant.

I love them, but you have to expect to have them break every now and then. I mainly use mine for coffee, the Bodum glasses were in the middle as far as thickness goes, Sun was the heaviest and the other brand (who I cannot recall) was paper thin. (oddly, the super thin set hasn't had a breakage yet -- maybe because it FEELS so fragile that you are more careful)

In addition to pay attention to the thickness of the glass wall, you also need to check if there is a little hole at the bottom of these glasses. Sun's does not have such hole and is completely sealed because their glass is good enough to withstand the air pressure difference when the content of the glass make it very hot or very cold, that is why theirs is heavier while bodum's is very light weighted with a hole at the bottom. The hole could cause the water get into between the walls and trapped there when you wash them in the dishwasher. The other thing is all these double wall glass are breakable, their walls are not as thick as the normal glass's otherwise the cup itself will be too heavy (more than 2 lb) to use, so you always need to use it with a little extra care. Sun's is pretty robust and weighs about 18oz, while the similar size Bodum weighs less than 12oz, the difference is from the amount of borrosilicate glass they use for the cup. Performance wise, they both are pretty good but do not expect they will be as goo as the real vacuum cup made of stainless steel. With a coupon, $13.00 for such a pair is a steal.

I have a few of these and have had ZERO issues with them being delicate. I've dropped ice, onto the counter top.....you name it with no issues. I love mine!

opathal said:   I have a few of these and have had ZERO issues with them being delicate. I've dropped ice, onto the counter top.....you name it with no issues. I love mine!

me either. good product.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014