• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
7-Day Universal Internet Programmable Thermostat

Control anywhere, anytime from any smart phone, tablet, laptop and desktop computer
Works with virtually all HVAC systems
5-minute Installation™
Saves energy
Easy internet setup

Only thing I don't like is the $9.99 yearly service fee (or $49.99 life time) after 3 months free. According to them you will save more than that. It has some mixed reviews - but will now work with smart phones. The reviews appear to be older - hopefully they have most of the bugs worked out?

Lowes link

http://www.lowes.com/pd_192960-79-44917_0__?productId=3807231&Nt...

Detailed info
http://www.hunterfan.com/Innovations/Universal-Internet-Thermost...

Member Summary

Hunter Universal Programmable Thermostat
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Showing $50 at my local Lowes'. The reviews, however, scare me. Also, that Nest Thermostat is so sexy, I just can't pull the trigger on this one. Thanks anyway OP!

No lifetime service fee on the 3M-50 Filtrete.
I have the 3M and they are always updating the app for IDevices and android. Plus you can use the website too.
Setup is very easy with an IDevice, tried with a laptop had trouble on setup only depends on your wireless settings/card.
Haven't had a problem with this thermostat since I set it up. You even get an email when communications has stop for 24hours to alert you to a problem. Received one durning a power outage and Internet outage.
So with no service fees this is the better choice in my opinion.
Bought mine from homedepot b&m not in stock online. Check eBay if you need one shipped.

Search for the app in the app store on iTunes - 27 reviews, 80% are 2 star or lower. Plus, with the service fee, that 3M filtete is only $30 more. Was not looking for a wifi thermostat, but I think I just bought one.

Red, monthly service fee is unnecessary. Have had the 3M Filtrete installed for more than a year and am happy with it and its FREE wifi Internet connectivity!

red for bad links

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014