• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Earn $10 in eBay Bucks with a 7 day free trial to FreeCreditScore.com

Get your free score and 7-day trial with membership in FreeCreditScore.com. Stop wondering about your credit score and get more peace of mind. After trial, enjoy unlimited access to your Experian® Credit Report and Score and daily monitoring. Valid user information required. Please see terms and conditions for future charges. FreeCreditScore reserves the right to revoke currency if you quick cancel the service.

Not sure if you get do this again if you did it before but most people simply signup for the trial membership, wait for the bucks to post to the account (quick) and cancel the trial.

Enjoy

Member Summary

offer
Thanks KYBOSH
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks =)

How difficult is it to cancel the trial? Do you have to speak to someone or is it done online? Will they email you trying to get you to sign up again? These folks don't seem to be the most reputable based on what I've read.

billrubin said:   How difficult is it to cancel the trial? Do you have to speak to someone or is it done online? Will they email you trying to get you to sign up again? These folks don't seem to be the most reputable based on what I've read.

According to the FAQ's on the site,

How do I cancel my membership?

To cancel, please contact Customer Care toll-free at 1-877-300-2506. You may cancel at any time; however, you will not be eligible for a refund for your membership fees.

KYBOSH said:   Earn $10 in eBay Bucks with a 7 day free trial to FreeCreditScore.com

Get your free score and 7-day trial with membership in FreeCreditScore.com. Stop wondering about your credit score and get more peace of mind. After trial, enjoy unlimited access to your Experian® Credit Report and Score and daily monitoring. Valid user information required. Please see terms and conditions for future charges. FreeCreditScore reserves the right to revoke currency if you quick cancel the service.

Not sure if you get do this again if you did it before but most people simply signup for the trial membership, wait for the bucks to post to the account (quick) and cancel the trial.

Enjoy

At sign up the newer wording says "FreeCreditScore reserves the right to revoke currency if you quick cancel the service."

Besides bad grammar it does not specify what quick means ...

Anyway it is only for those who did not do this earlier -- trial pays throws you out if you did this earlier -- 8 months ago in my case ...

You have to call and it's a hassle, they don't like to let you cancel. Not even worth $10 to me but YMMV.

I tried this last year. Calling to cancel isn't fun. It sounds like you are connected to India, and they try the hard sell to keep you. IIRC, I was on the phone for ~20 min to cancel. Definitely not worth it IMO.

I'm currently fighting w/ chase over charges from them - I never even did a trial, but I've been getting $19.95/month charges from them. Total scammers. STAY AWAY!

Why in the world do people fall for the "free" credit report scams?

Go here. 1000% free, no strings. Don't run all three credit report companies at once. Run one every four months (for the next year). I toss a calendar reminder on for a four month period reminding me to run the next one.

http://www.annualcreditreport.com

Don't trust the guys singing with guitars. It's a scam.

Yes, I know this deal is for those who want $10 in eBay bucks. Just not worth it to me, that's all.

Yeah, I realize now that I have to call to cancel...also didn't realize that the $10 bonus comes with my next eBay bucks certificate...oh well.

coolbreeze said:   Why in the world do people fall for the "free" credit report scams?

coolbreeze, you wrote it here...Yes, I know this deal is for those who want $10 in eBay bucks. Just not worth it to me, that's all.

I agree, not worth the hassle.

just a follow up...I called to cancel freecreditscore.com today, and of course the operator attempted to keep me on by offering 50% off, but I quickly interepted her and repeated that I wasn't interested and wanted to cancel. She obliged, and the whole call took less than two minutes.

$10 eBay bucks were worth it...thanks

just wait to you see the charges on your credit card lol

A friend sent this to me last year, I kept his email. (Copy and paste below.)

To get a FREE credit report go to www.AnnualCreditReport.com

Do not pay for any extras if asked. Select all the FREE options and you'll have your free credit report in a matter of minutes.

The federal Fair Credit Report Act requires consumers be entitled to a FREE credit report each year.
In the past, not everybody was entitled to a free credit report. You are today.

So go to www.annualcreditreport.com
and enter your information and enter a email address to have the report emailed to
you.. which is the easiest way. (Will be emailed to you in 3-5 minutes)
You will be asked which of the credit agencies you would like the report from.
What most people like to do is (there are 3 companies) grab one from each every 4 months. (Experian, Transunion or Equifax)
You're entitled to ONE free from each of the 3 companies. (Over a 12 month period)

Don't wait until you are a victim to check on your credit report.

A lot of our victims never even realize "bad things" (checking/credit card accounts) are showing up in
their name until years later when they get calls from collection agencies.

very very true I used to be a personal banker and people would get scamed off that free credit report to 3 * a week by the time they knew hundreds of dollars had been taken. Me being the savvy shopper that I am...I was personally able to get the money back for my clients however some of my fellow employees had no luck. I knew the right words to get the money back like Better Business Bureau and FTC complaints they don't like those words anyhow you're completely correct free credit reports provided by the government 1 time per year at no cost there's no need to pay per credit reports

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014