• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
One day sale at Geeks. Free shipping. Link

Don't know anything about this but it seems like an easy way to get browser, mail, Netflix, etc. for less.

The reviews at Geeks are good but have not found any other reviews.

From my reading,
Pros:
Full Android ICS on TV screen!
Appears to support Google Play Store for adding apps

Cons:
Needs 4.2gh mouse/keyboard. Will it interfere w/my wirless?
No micro port or other way to add storage
No bluetooth

Member Summary

stik (8.67kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

This one is better.
MK808 Dual Core Android 4.1 Jelly Bean TV BOX RK3066 Cortex-A9 Mini PC Stick Support Skype Live Chat
Price: USD 48.99
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MK808-Dual-Core-Android-4-1-Jelly...

Seen for cheaper, but these sticks are pretty terrible IMO...just my 2 cents.

Does it work with espn3?

Yes, mine works great with espn3, hbo go, pandora, and Netflix. The hbogo interface is fast and cutting-edge slick. The onechannel and tvportal apps -- free download from the play store -- are all you will ever need to get streams of all your favorite shows for free without worrying about torrents or usenet. I won't comment on movies, but I am sure if you look there are sources for them as well.

If you got a gen 1, many were terrible. But the latest ones are actually quite good. Some have weak wi-fi antennas as the achilles heel for 1080p, but if you get one that doesn't have that issue, or don't have a large distance to travel, the actual devices are snappy and can handle 1080p and everything else you throw at them without breaking a sweat. I have one on the second floor -- about 40 feet laterally and 14 feet vertically from the router, through several walls, closed doors, and a wood cabinet -- and it gets the signal very well (granted I do have a very good router, but the signal strength on this is about equivalent to my galaxy nexus wifi). I think the biggest issue for a novice user is the lack of a traditional remote, but the upside is tremendous.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014